[MOD] No ascending ringtone/noise suppression Version 3.52 (MOD yourself)

Search This thread

diavolo_78

Apr 14, 2009
I would try this change on GS2 , then I followed everything I was asked by the program .
at the end I choose to create a. zip , of course I choose noise suppression creates a file called NOISESUPPRESSIONOFF .
What should I do ? as I install it ?

MoWeb

Aug 6, 2010
3rd Rock From The Sun
I would try this change on GS2 , then I followed everything I was asked by the program .
at the end I choose to create a. zip , of course I choose noise suppression creates a file called NOISESUPPRESSIONOFF .
What should I do ? as I install it ?

Reboot your phone into recovery. Wipe your dalvik - cache and then flash the mod.

Sent from my Nexus S using xda premium

Reactions: diavolo_78

diavolo_78

Apr 14, 2009
Reboot your phone into recovery. Wipe your dalvik - cache and then flash the mod.

But no recovery can not install it ?
I did it again the whole process to modify the file . at the end tells me that I rename the phone but I do not understand ..
that is, I flash the zip created and then after I go to system / app , find the file and renamed in phone.odexed phone.odex ?
I am attaching a picture

2e0ixkx.png

Last edited:

MoWeb

Aug 6, 2010
3rd Rock From The Sun
But no recovery can not install it ?
I did it again the whole process to modify the file . at the end tells me that I rename the phone but I do not understand ..
that is, I flash the zip created and then after I go to system / app , find the file and renamed in phone.odexed phone.odex ?
I am attaching a picture

1. Your phone must be rooted. If you don't know what that is then you need to search the forum and learn how to do that before using this app.

2. If your phone is rooted then go to the /system/app folder on your phone and rename Phone.odex.

3. Reboot into recovery if you don't know how to get into recovery then search the forum for how to do that.

4. Wipe your dalvik - cache

5. Flash the mod.

6. Reboot the phone and be patient because wiping the dalvik - cache slows down the bootup on the first reboot after wipe.

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2009
Odense
Hi... i'd been searching this post about 1 month ago trying to solve the problem of noise reduction off in my note, i use a Custom Rom 4.0.3 Deodexed (GOATRIP V2.1)... can any developer change the values or modify my phone.apk to solve this? i read in SGS2 forum that is a way to edit the phone.apk using apkmanager.... change some line in PhoneUtils.smali and recompiled a new phone.apk... any idea of this?

this is the post:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1332137&page=1

i'm anexed my phone.apk if any of you can help me, thanx

Attachments

• Phone.apk
    3.2 MB · Views: 33
Last edited:

muderko

Dec 9, 2010
Tried this, followed the instructions. Result : SUPERB !!!! not a single issue (used no ascending tone only)...
ICS 4.0.3 , CleaNote 2.20 custom rom.
I can't find words to thank you.
Thank you

endrjuu

Oct 12, 2008
Warsaw
hello

i have LPY 4.0.3 stock s/w and it didnt work.

I need to remove noise suppression, i have ODEXED version, i was try push it manually to system/app and using flashing zip. Ofcourse i rename Phone.odex

Anyone can help me to work it on this s/w ?

Thanks

surferpalm

Feb 2, 2007
Rome
Hi everyone,
i need of setting in "Off" the function "noise reduction" but i dont have root permission,this tool working the same?
Exist one APK to function without root permission??
Thanks!:good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Back and better than ever :D

The Samsung & LG Ascending Ringtone Remover

DISCLAIMER: USE AT YOUR OWN RISK

BUILT FOR STOCK ROMS (MAY WORK WITH CUSTOM AND THEMED ROMS BUT NO GUARANTEE)

Requirements

Windows XP or 7 ONLY (will not work in linux wine or other linux environments)
    Java must be in your path. Type java in a command prompt. If you see help text you're good to go. If not this App won't work.
    Root access of course ;)
    Ability to follow instructions and pay attention.

How do I use it?

1. Copy the original Phone.apk from your /system/app to the same folder as MODPhoneAPK.exe (*if your ROM is not deodexed copy the Phone.odex and framework folder also.)

2. Run the App and follow the directions.

3. If you selected to create a flashable zip install through recovery if not then push or copy to /system/app. Do not try to install it.

4. If it didn't work for you then flash Original_PhoneAPK.zip to restore your original back the way it was.

5. If your Phone.apk was ODEXED rename Phone.odex in /system/app

That all, it's pretty automatic.

So easy even most NOOB's can do it.

Thanks to:

JesusFreke
    Brut.all
    Br1cK'd
    matius44
    7zip.org
    Don Ho (author of Notepad++)

CONFIRMED WORKING ON:
    Samsung Captivate (rayburne)
    Samsung Vibrant (me)
    Samsung Galaxy Note (matius44)
    Samsung Droid Charge (Chris00001)
    Samsung Galaxy S II (ayman_salah)
    Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4g Touch (d34thp1ng)
    Samsung Infuse 4G (xtremesv)

LG Optimus Black (TugaSoulHunter)

VERSION 3.52
    DOWNLOAD and click the THANKS button for my effort.

***Version 3.52 changes***
    Remove indicator because it was hanging the MOD process (sorry my bad). Version 3.51 users this is a must update.

VERSION 3.51
    REMOVED

***Version 3.51 changes***
    Add NOOB friendly activity indicator for the slower steps (because I can). Users should update from 3.5 because this version is better to prevent editing interruption. ;)

VERSION 3.5
    REMOVED

***Version 3.5 changes***
    Add noise suppression disabled function using MOD verified working by member Vudy (Galaxy Note tested, may work with Galaxy SII)
    Option to choose: No Ascending Ringtone, Noise Suppression Disabled, or Both :D
    App size will double to add the noise suppression feature. The noise suppression mod will take time for the app to do. This slow down will only happen if doing noise suppression mod.
    More bug fixes

VERSION 3.0
    DOWNLOAD and click the THANKS button for my effort.

***Version 3.0 changes***
    Fixed Phone.apk doesn't compile correctly
    Fixed ringer edit not saving
    Add support to deodex LG Phone.apk
    Add Phone.odex (if applicable) to Original_PhoneAPK.zip for backup
    Major interface change to be more noob proof hopefully (you know who you are)
    Add better error checking
    Misc bug fixes and typo corrections
    "COMING SOON VERSION 2.0 (maybe depends on demand)
    support for odexed Phone.apk
    option to create CWM flashable zip
    some needed fixes"

when ... will be the version for LA4 odexed?

I'm not sure I'll do it. Not a lot of people appreciate it but a lot of people use it. I'm not asking for money just a little gratitude for my time.
    After many hours of writing and compiling Version 3.5 is here :D

The method used in MODPhoneAPK.exe for noise suppression is verified working by member Vudy.

OP updated!!!!
    OP udated with a link to MOD your own Phone.apk :D
    If enough people want the noise suppression feature added to the app I will do it.

Does anyone want this feature in the app? It will take some time to figure out how to put in.