[MOD] No navi button MOD for JB/ICS Razr M xt907 Roms

Search This thread

serraxer

Oct 25, 2012
No USER friendly! Sorry I can't create update.zip :cowboy:
Need Safestrap for BackUP and change permissions (chmod -R 755 /system/framework/framework-res.apk).

This mod can open for you full screen display in Razr M without loose toggle bar, just copy framework with style what you want to /system/framework dir, and change permission to file.

Files in zip for 4.1.1 & 4.0.4 Android.
noVbutton - no navibar in Vertical orientation, yes in Horizontal
noV-Hbutton - no navibar in Vertical orientation, no in Horizontal
origin - original file

Of course you can change all manually if decompile framework-res.apk and find file named dimens.xml
<dimen name="navigation_bar_height">18.0dip</dimen>
<dimen name="navigation_bar_height_landscape">18.0dip</dimen>
<dimen name="navigation_bar_width">42.0dip</dimen>

link to framework-res.apk http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1763662&d=1361913475

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-01-11-03-20-07.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-01-11-03-20-07.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 1,284
  • Screenshot_2013-01-11-03-20-01.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-01-11-03-20-01.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 1,149
  • Screenshot_2013-01-11-03-21-55.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-01-11-03-21-55.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 1,104
  • Screenshot_2013-01-11-03-40-18.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-01-11-03-40-18.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 1,031
Last edited:

jjlangen

Oct 18, 2010
Upstate NY
Thank you! I've been trying to figure out if this could be done. Swapped in your file using Root Explorer on the phone, everything crashed (kinda expected). Rebooted, changed permissions, and now she's working great!

Last edited:

kensdavid

Sep 1, 2010
Thank you! I've been trying to figure out if this could be done. Swapped in your file using Root Explorer on the phone, everything crashed (kinda expected). Rebooted, changed permissions, and now she's working great!

Ugh, tried to follow in your footsteps but got totally screwed. Wasnt able to chmod, tried rebooting and stuck in bootloop :eek:

jjlangen

Oct 18, 2010
Upstate NY
I used Root Explorer, not a terminal. Running on stock Verizon Jelly Bean, retail version.

Sent from my XT907

Last edited:

Capt. Napalm

Nov 29, 2007
Sioux City, IA
It Works!

Yeah, FINALLY! Get rid of that craptastic waste-of-space navbar.

If anybody want to know, here's how I did it:

Note: I used root explorer

1. I used my windows 7 machine to extract the version of framework-res I wanted.
In my case, i'm on the 4.1.1 JB Verizon OTA, so I chose the 4.1.1 noV-Hbutton.

2.Copy the framework-res of your choice to the root of your internal storage card.

3. Using your file manager (Root explorer in my case) copy the framework file from your internal storage to "\system\" NOT "\system\framework\". Note, if you do this step and it asks you if you want to overwrite "framework-res.apk" STOP!

4. Using your file manager, write down the permissions for your existing "\system\framework\framework-res.apk".

5.Go to the framework-res.apk you just copied "\system\framework-res.apk" and change permissions to match those of your existing framework-res file.

6. AFTER the permissions have been changed and verified (I exited completely out of root explorer, then re-opened it and double checked that the permissions where the same) you can safely move and over-write the file in "\system\framework\".

7. Here's the reason. If you just copy the modified framework file straight from your internal memory to its home in "\system\framework\" the permissions won't be right, and there is a VERY good chance you will end up in an endless bootloop. Copying the file to "\system" first gives you the opportunity to modify its permissions BEFORE overwriting the existing framework file.

Good luck!

Update: Not sure why, and it isn't causing any problems, but every time I reboot the phone, it goes through the "android is upgrading your apps" dialogue".

Last edited:
Reactions: serraxer

jjlangen

Oct 18, 2010
Upstate NY
Guess I got lucky avoiding a bootloop. I just copied the new file, went to /system/framework, renamed the current file, and pasted in the new one. Then all the applications crashed, I rebooted, and changed the permissions. I did have to sign back into all my accounts (Google, Facebook, etc), but zero issues since then.

I'm still loving it! The nav buttons took up so much space. The new version of LMT that you can trigger from the bottom makes it perfect.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1330150

Last edited:

beatngu

Feb 3, 2013
Ugh, tried to follow in your footsteps but got totally screwed. Wasnt able to chmod, tried rebooting and stuck in bootloop :eek:

same thing happened to me
I got moved the new framework file into the folder except I accidentally deleted it at the same time. Everything started to "stop working" and after I did a hard reset recovery (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition) it stays stuck on the "android" boot loop (past the motorola logo) any help on restoring my phone??

Feb 5, 2013
im running cm10 beta on my razr m and i found that simply adding "qemu.hw.mainkeys=1", to the end of your build.prop without the " then reboot. This will make the bottom nav bar disappear.

I found this by accident attempting to make the nav bar translucent so im not sure why it works, but it does for me.

hillmom

Jul 25, 2012
Idaho
OnePlus 9
im running cm10 beta on my razr m and i found that simply adding "qemu.hw.mainkeys=1", to the end of your build.prop without the " then reboot. This will make the bottom nav bar disappear.

I found this by accident attempting to make the nav bar translucent so im not sure why it works, but it does for me.

It causes systemui.apk to FC on stock based ROMS. Great for CM10 based ROMs.

From the RAZR M

Clienterror

Jun 21, 2010
Quad Cities, Illinois
I would like to do this for TB. Are you using apktools?

Yea just decompile the framework from the rom you want and edit the lines in the op to all zeros. It's located in the "values/dims.xml" (I think). Recompile apk then drop in the meta folder from the original framework inside the new framework (I used 7zip). Just copy to phone, set permissions, and reboot.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

hillmom

Jul 25, 2012
Idaho
OnePlus 9
Yea just decompile the framework from the rom you want and edit the lines in the op to all zeros. It's located in the "values/dims.xml" (I think). Recompile apk then drop in the meta folder from the original framework inside the new framework (I used 7zip). Just copy to phone, set permissions, and reboot.

Thanks. I must be missing something because every time I try to recompile I get the error'
Could not find sources.

Never mind, I made a dumb noob mistake. Got it. Thanks!

Last edited:

sniperkill

Sep 27, 2010
Maryland
I'm using APK Multi Tool, and I didn't install the framework-res.apk for 4.1.1 first.

Oh, and okay. I know when jelly bean and ICS first came out everyone was having a hard time with recompiling the .apk's from ics and jb. I haven't tried it since. I'm assuming that they must have fixed all that by now?

hillmom

Jul 25, 2012
Idaho
OnePlus 9
Oh, and okay. I know when jelly bean and ICS first came out everyone was having a hard time with recompiling the .apk's from ics and jb. I haven't tried it since. I'm assuming that they must have fixed all that by now?

Yes, they did update them. I tried earlier with an older utility, and was getting really frustrated because I couldn't get the apk to recompile. APK Multi Tool os awesome, I need to play with the themeing tools it has.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No USER friendly! Sorry I can't create update.zip :cowboy:
    Need Safestrap for BackUP and change permissions (chmod -R 755 /system/framework/framework-res.apk).

This mod can open for you full screen display in Razr M without loose toggle bar, just copy framework with style what you want to /system/framework dir, and change permission to file.

Files in zip for 4.1.1 & 4.0.4 Android.
    noVbutton - no navibar in Vertical orientation, yes in Horizontal
    noV-Hbutton - no navibar in Vertical orientation, no in Horizontal
    origin - original file

Of course you can change all manually if decompile framework-res.apk and find file named dimens.xml
    <dimen name="navigation_bar_height">18.0dip</dimen>
    <dimen name="navigation_bar_height_landscape">18.0dip</dimen>
    <dimen name="navigation_bar_width">42.0dip</dimen>

link to framework-res.apk http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1763662&d=1361913475
    You think you can post a link to the apk multitool you are using?

Grab the newest build ;)

http://apkmultitool.com/?q=node/5

It Works!

Yeah, FINALLY! Get rid of that craptastic waste-of-space navbar.

If anybody want to know, here's how I did it:

Note: I used root explorer

1. I used my windows 7 machine to extract the version of framework-res I wanted.
    In my case, i'm on the 4.1.1 JB Verizon OTA, so I chose the 4.1.1 noV-Hbutton.

2.Copy the framework-res of your choice to the root of your internal storage card.

3. Using your file manager (Root explorer in my case) copy the framework file from your internal storage to "\system\" NOT "\system\framework\". Note, if you do this step and it asks you if you want to overwrite "framework-res.apk" STOP!

4. Using your file manager, write down the permissions for your existing "\system\framework\framework-res.apk".

5.Go to the framework-res.apk you just copied "\system\framework-res.apk" and change permissions to match those of your existing framework-res file.

6. AFTER the permissions have been changed and verified (I exited completely out of root explorer, then re-opened it and double checked that the permissions where the same) you can safely move and over-write the file in "\system\framework\".

7. Here's the reason. If you just copy the modified framework file straight from your internal memory to its home in "\system\framework\" the permissions won't be right, and there is a VERY good chance you will end up in an endless bootloop. Copying the file to "\system" first gives you the opportunity to modify its permissions BEFORE overwriting the existing framework file.

Good luck!

Update: Not sure why, and it isn't causing any problems, but every time I reboot the phone, it goes through the "android is upgrading your apps" dialogue".
    So what was the mistake you made when trying to recompile?

I'm using APK Multi Tool, and I didn't install the framework-res.apk for 4.1.1 first.

Downloaded the free version from the Play store and it works fine. :good:

nope - just the game from EA. they've already said that the app does not support the M's resolution, but I got an older version of the app to work partially - and I'm curious to see if removing the nav bar would get it to work.