• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[MOD] Nokia Recorder with OZO support

Search This thread

Jamez007

Oct 17, 2020
Recently recorded audios don't show up on the recording list. Sometimes i have to rrstart the app first before it does. And sometimes it really never shows up. It's always visible on the file manager though. Second issue: recordings get cut halfway. (Ex. After recording a 1 minute or more audio, it only saves about few seconds of the audio). This all started when i updated to android 10 last year and now it's worst with the android 11.. I've tried all troubleshooting btw like reinstalling app and even phone reset. I'm using Nokia 8.1. Thank you!

Liftedcorn

Mar 26, 2018
Nokia 7 Plus
Recently recorded audios don't show up on the recording list. Sometimes i have to rrstart the app first before it does. And sometimes it really never shows up. It's always visible on the file manager though. Second issue: recordings get cut halfway. (Ex. After recording a 1 minute or more audio, it only saves about few seconds of the audio). This all started when i updated to android 10 last year and now it's worst with the android 11.. I've tried all troubleshooting btw like reinstalling app and even phone reset. I'm using Nokia 8.1. Thank you!
Oh. I forgot 8.1 got A11 and I was surprised that this app was working on A11 custom ROMs

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I ported a few codes into the Nokia Recorder app v8.1030.40 to enable support for OZO audio recording. I've only tested this in my Nokia 7 Plus, but it might work in other OZO-supported devices.

Changelog:
    - Added spatial recording support: ACC recording format (screenshot 2) now records with spatial audio recording by default.
    - Changed app theme color: just to differentiate it from the original base app.

NOTES: To make the most of the spatial recording feature, I forced Surround mode in this mod, which means all three microphones are used at once. Since this feature is for video recording by default, its full potential can be maximized in landscape mode (since the microphones are oriented vertically, putting the phone in landscape mode allows for differential left and right audio channels). Here, I forced the orientation such that the left audio channel is oriented at the top portion of the phone, and the right audio channel at the bottom. So for accurate audio channels, I recommend orienting the phone in landscape mode with the charging port on the right hand side (like recording a video). Of course if it doesn't matter to you that much, you can orient the phone however you like; audio quality is good, nevertheless. Enjoy recording audio in high quality!

Download:
    voicenote_8.1030.40_surround.apk
    P.S. I humbly request everyone to please do not spam with "add the feature/support to GCam" etc. etc. I've spent 4 days to figure this out and make it work, and I need a break right now. Cheers!
    Why does it require phone permission?

This is to pause recording with incoming phone calls.
    I discovered the camera app would only record Ozo audio in safe mode after the android 10 update so I disabled the apps one by one in normal mode till I found the culprit, which was the Google system app. When that was disabled the Nokia Recorder app on here then started working again.
    It works fine on the Nokia 8.1 with Android 10 but only if you deny permission for the Google system app to the microphone. It's as if the Google app is intercepting the audio before passing a mono lower quality version on to the app. The inbuilt camera app now records in low quality mono too if the Google app has use of the microphone.

To turn access off go to settings, type 'microphone' in the search box, select it, go to three dot menu and get it to 'show system' apps, select the Google app, then chose 'Deny'.

If you don't do this anyone being recorded can shout OK Google to stop the video camera I have discovered!