Dual Boot Patcher
Supports all Android Versions
(Even MIUI works)
* Your warranty is now void.
* We're not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
What is Dual Boot Patcher?
DualBootPatcher is an open-source app that allows multiple ROMs to be installed on a single Android device. It does its best to work with existing code and does not require explicit support from ROMs. There are currently 136 supported devices and their variations.
**I am not the developer of this MOD. The credit for this goes to the actual developer of this MOD.**
No BOOT UI support yet.
- Lock screen shows incorrect pattern every time after installing other ROMs.(Patch below)
**Don't forget to put screen lock to slide or none before booting to other ROMs as it will not allow you to unlock your device on the lock screen after you reboot to another ROM. Even if you enter the correct pattern, it will show that it's wrong(more about the lock screen patch below). Please read the "Lock Screen Patch" Section below before starting the procedure.
- Download the APP and the Utilities ZIP from the link.
- Install the APP.
- Set/Update the kernel when asked.
- Choose "Patch Zip File" from the left pane.
- Choose "Add flashable zip" by clicking on the "+" button.
- Select ROM installation directory in the Partition configuration. (Data Slot/Extsd slot recommended)
- Select the location for the patched image file.
- Add GAPPS and kernel (more about kernel flashing below) files as needed.
- Go to the ROMs section from the left pane and select In App Flashing(bottom right corner).
- Choose Add patched file by clicking on the "+" button.
- Select the patched Zip files and accordingly select "keep location" or "change location".
- Go ahead and flash the ZIPs.
- Now you can choose between the installed ROMs and select which one to boot from.
- You can also share your apps among your ROMs using the "App Sharing" menu in the left pane.(Note that once you select apps for sharing, the app data will be wiped for those apps once.)
- As MIUI encrypts data partition, ROMs on it won't be able to boot up.
- Follow this guide to make data partition accessable.
- Then install other ROMs as usual on the data-slot.
- Flashing ZIPs based on AROMA installer is not allowed via "In App Flashing".
- Patch the Kernel ZIPs by selecting the exact installation location of the kernel in the Dual Boot Patcher App.
- Then flash the patched ZIPs in the Custom Recovery.
Lock Screen Patch:
- Booting to other ROMs might not allow you to unlock your device on your first ROM. Either set your lock to none or swipe or follow the instructions below.
- Download Agni Toolbox.
- Remove lock screen security.
- If your non-primary ROM is locked, then patch the Agni Toolbox and then remove security.
MIUI works but only as primary ROM and only with Alka TWRP recovery.
Dual Boot Patcher Team
Source Code: GitHub
@psndna88 for Agni Toolbox.
@srijansaxena11 for YouTube Tutorial.
Last Updated: 2016-12-31