• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[MOD][ONEPLUS ONE][4.4.x-7.1.x] True Stereo effect [BALANCED]

Do you like this mod?

• F*ck yes, made my phone awesome again

Votes: 45 61.6%
  • Nahh, it was better before (stock)

Votes: 28 38.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
Mar 23, 2011
Whooooaaaa
Great volumes and quality from all without having to change equalizer or the volumes in mixer paths
Might just leave them as they are as it seems brilliant
Got all sounds on marsh 2.0 by Aaahh on 6.0.1 with if you wanted to add that on

voteforpresident

Jan 25, 2017
When I plug the headphones the right side is significantly lower than the other side.
I tried to flash every zip, but the problem is still there.
Other than that everything works perfectly.

LELBOT

May 28, 2013
Chandigarh
@Gawd brother My earpiece stopped working idk what happened
mic is working but no sound from earpiece, on loud speaker i can listen it
so i flashed ur normal zip, again i tried but no sound from earpiece, also as its balanced, when i switched to loud speaker the output was low.
so i have flashed back2stock, thought my audiopolicy file was corrupted, no profit.
dirty flashed sultan cm13 and tried Soundabout app, but zero results.
Help me asap.

Gawd

Jan 26, 2015
@Gawd brother My earpiece stopped working idk what happened
mic is working but no sound from earpiece, on loud speaker i can listen it
so i flashed ur normal zip, again i tried but no sound from earpiece, also as its balanced, when i switched to loud speaker the output was low.
so i have flashed back2stock, thought my audiopolicy file was corrupted, no profit.
dirty flashed sultan cm13 and tried Soundabout app, but zero results.
Help me asap.
Since you dirty flashed the ROM again, everything my zip changed has been reverted back. I'd suggest you to clean flash a new ROM and tell. Otherwise, your earpiece is pretty much f***ed bro

Reactions: LELBOT

Elder Lyons

Mar 6, 2016
Someone linked me this thread, I'm on CM 12.1, I want to bypass the main mic since it's broken. I tried editing mixer paths manually, because flashing the file from the audio mod thread doesn't work.

At first this worked out peefectly, but now people van't hear me anymore when I'm maling a call whilst it was working perfectly well before? The standard sound recorder still picks up sounds, but calling doesn't for some reason.

Any help with this? I tried making my own thread but nobody is responding to it. I desperately need this fixed, because I van't use loudspeaker calling all the time, it's annoying for others and it voids privacy.

Help would be MUCH appreciated!

Gawd

Jan 26, 2015
Someone linked me this thread, I'm on CM 12.1, I want to bypass the main mic since it's broken. I tried editing mixer paths manually, because flashing the file from the audio mod thread doesn't work.

At first this worked out peefectly, but now people van't hear me anymore when I'm maling a call whilst it was working perfectly well before? The standard sound recorder still picks up sounds, but calling doesn't for some reason.

Any help with this? I tried making my own thread but nobody is responding to it. I desperately need this fixed, because I van't use loudspeaker calling all the time, it's annoying for others and it voids privacy.

Help would be MUCH appreciated!
Try this and tell me if it works.

Attachments

• main-mic-bypass_Gawd.zip
    180.4 KB · Views: 34

Gawd

Jan 26, 2015
1. This thread is just for stereo sound
2. I still helped some people, but this resulted in more people asking for different problems regarding low call volume and other such things
3. Please don't ask for other problems here
4. Thank-you

Elder Lyons

Mar 6, 2016
Try this and tell me if it works.

I've tried it, but it makes my sound recorder freeze. My phone also freezes when picking up phone calls after flashing this. :c

Am starting to think there's no way to fix this. So weird though, as it worked perfectly for about two weeks before I flashed the same ROM again.

MAJOR EDIT:

After manually editing mixer paths I thought about disabling fluency as well, seems like that did the trick!

So in order for these fixes to work you HAVE to disable fluency as well. So glad I finally got it working.

Last edited:

Gawd

Jan 26, 2015
@Gawd is it safe to increase main speaker sound more than 70?
On default it's 80,then why did you decrease it to 70?
I've tried to create a balance between the main speakers and the earpiece, since the earpiece cannot match the output of the main speakers (power output difference), to create a true stereo effect.

And yes, since default CM/ LineageOS volume is 80, it is safe to increase it. Don't go over 85-90, or else the sound will crack, and also it's not safe for the speakers. Have a look here on how to change the volume.

Reactions: Mr.Ak

Mr.Ak

Jan 14, 2015
*RESTRICTED AREA*
I've tried to create a balance between the main speakers and the earpiece, since the earpiece cannot match the output of the main speakers (power output difference), to create a true stereo effect.

And yes, since default CM/ LineageOS volume is 80, it is safe to increase it. Don't go over 85-90, or else the sound will crack, and also it's not safe for the speakers. Have a look here on how to change the volume.

Just flashed the zip on Candy 7 rom by @NoSpamDan and no ringtone and notification sounds.Guess I'll just flash the modified zip.
Thanks anyways.
Edit: after using steroids zip,it worked like a charm and also sound is increased.Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: Gawd

adibmcz

Mar 10, 2012
Dhaka
@Gawd , using this on the oneplus one and it is a great mod, thanks dev! Now I want to use it on my oneplus 3t (OOS 4.1.3 OB7) also. Will the zips work? If it's not, how can I modify the values in mixer file to get the same effect? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Gawd

Jan 26, 2015
@Gawd , using this on the oneplus one and it is a great mod, thanks dev! Now I want to use it on my oneplus 3t (OOS 4.1.3 OB7) also. Will the zips work? If it's not, how can I modify the values in mixer file to get the same effect? Thanks in advance!
They will not work and are likely to screw up some things. So don't flash it on anything except a OnePlus One. Also, it's not just one or two values to be modified. I'll have to look into the name scheme of OxygenOS (how they named various audio sources and all), and then try it. I cannot make it for the OnePlus 3T because I simply don't have the device. Hope you understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First off, to be clear this is a reworked project. But definitely a great mod that might help many users.

Q. Oh gawd, a thread is already there. Moderator ban him!
    -Yes, there is a separate thread for Audio mods and all, but I'm afraid not many people visit them. So I'm just posting it here for the sake of sharing. And yes, I'm very thankful to the original idea of the OP here : http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-one/development/mod-oneplus-one-stereo-mod-t2967925 and most of the credit goes to him. Buy him a beer if you like this.

Q. Okay, whatever. Just tell me what will it do???
    -Well, what in does in OP(s) own words "I have enabled true stereo playback by putting the speakers on a different channel than the earpiece. This version of the mod will only be noticeable if you are listening to music that was recorded in stereo."
    -YES, IT DEFINITELY DOES SOUND BETTER.
    What it basically does is sets up 2 channels, one from the speakers(both mono) and the other from the earpiece, thereby making it a True Stereo combo.

Enough of All the explanations, get me to the downloads. Grr.

HERE mate -

Benefits/profit over original mod :
    -creates a balance so that it actually creates a surround stereo sound
    -very noticeable, loud
    -wont harm your speakers (any) even at high volumes
    -more bass, treble, without any crackling.
    -supports all Android versions from KitKat to Nougat ;D

Instructions :
    1) Just flash the damn zip(s)

2) BOOM BOOM

Q) Is ViPER4Android supported?
    -It sure is
    Q) Is A.R.I.S.E. supported? What about Spotify? SoundCloud? Indian users: Gaana? Saavn? Hungama Music?
    -Every music App/mod is supported which can output Stereo sound (most of them do) Don't worry. ^-^
    Q) YouTube?
    -F*ck yes.

WHAT ABOUT GAMES?
    ALL IN STEREO, BABY​

Have any questions? Want to increase the speaker volume?
    I'm there to help you, man. Just ask.

This mod will activate your front earpiece speaker in conjunction with the rear main speaker every time
    Hi_Shoot_20161201_014924.png

All feedbacks are welcomed!

Hi_Shoot_20161201_015335.png

Enjoying this mod?
    -You can gift me XDA Ad-Free.

Have fun

Hit thanks if I helped you, or your device xd

~from my exceptionally awesome Modded True stereo OnePlus One
    Modified zip* (for some ROMs, to fix the notifications sound and various other issues) -
    Original : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzedbk3OVKq1TTZBQlFDQ0FqQk0/view?usp=drivesdk

Balanced (Recommended) : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzedbk3OVKq1N193UkYzSzRWU2s/view?usp=drivesdk

On steroids : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzedbk3OVKq1QUs3QXVwMFNFN0k/view?usp=drivesdk

*This is a standalone file. Just flash this for the ROMs mentioned above and/or else stated otherwise

Mirrors

Dropbox : https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qlb1sk2ek02vz10/AADO5IhixdBlLZh5ejCK3xNJa?dl=0

Mega : https://mega.nz/#F!qsgBQKQB!Y2mod0dTphArGsogh-e7gg

If any moderator is reading this, I don't know why you deleted my previous thread, but please don't delete this one. This thread is the only copy of my work, shared for the benefit of fellow users. I hope you understand. Peace.

They love it**​

**Data from user posts below and the poll above
    Please mention the ROMs on which this mod worked without any issues. I'll update the list here.

Currently confirmed ROM(s), perfectly working-

Please do not flash this mod on jgcaap's CM13 ROM and other ROM ports
    I'm thinking of making Magisk modules of these stereo mod, since many people wouldn't like to flash the zip(s) while using Magisk, basically destroying the purpose of it.
    I'll also include a stereo+low mic volume fix Magisk module

PS: Will do it in my free time so it'll be done when it'll be done, don't bother me please
    Closing this thread until I get enough time to make Magisk modules and enhance the compatibility, and also improving the mod (going to rework it).

Thanks guys for your support and feedback.