• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[MOD] OnePlus One Unlocker: Reset Unlock & Tamper Bit

Search This thread

anessie

Sep 18, 2013
Europe
'locked' using the fastboot twrp, now I cannot unlock it. Same as above..

\opo>fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
target reported max download size of 1073741824 bytes
sending 'recovery' (9964 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.352s]
writing 'recovery'...
FAILED (remote: Device not unlocked cannot flash or erase)
finished. total time: 0.357s

edit: after being stuck I spend a few hours looking for options, only thing that worked was this http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-one/general/tool-oneplusrecovery-tool-v1-0-restore-t2991851

Last edited:

Superb Azam

Jul 21, 2013
Flashfire app support??

can this mod be flashed with flashfire application? because i dont wanna unlock the bootloader just to flash this mod through twrp/cwm custom recovery :confused:

noob here , your help is really appreciated , thanks :eek:

cregi

Oct 12, 2009
I am right now with my bootloader unlocked and TWRP recovery installed. I want to restore it to original state for RMA, so in principle I should flash this file to reset the tamper bit, and then flash by fastboot the original rom and the original recovery, and lock again the bootloader. For instance following this guide http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-one/general/guide-return-opo-to-100-stock-t2826541
is it like that?
Because if I flash the original recovery first , I will not be able later to flash the reset tamper file.
Am i right?

Mjallo

Aug 13, 2009
Okay I have tried and read everything now :(

Okay.

I have a serious problem with my opo, it just keep on having a new problem to solve.

I have tried to boot into recovery (fastboot boot recovery.img (its TWRP renamed)) but it gives me the (Device not unlocked cannot boot) error.
Have run (fastboot oem device-info) and it returns with Device tampered: true, Device unlocked: false, and if I run (fastboot oem unlock) it just reboot the phone and noting changed.

I may be ****ing dumb here but what am I doing wrong? Is it possible to reset the tampered bit in another way or force the phone to be unlocked? Have tried Wugs toolkit and other toolkits with no dice.

Hope one of you can help me

djha53k

Aug 19, 2014
Prague
www.investicnigramotnost.cz
Have abit of a problem finding your post on oneplus.net so if you stumple on a link at some point it would be lovely :)

Hello,
seems like it was removed from OnePlus forum... it is 2 years back , uff :eek:
Time is running sooooo fast...

Suddenly I dont have it in engl anymore and I dont have time to translate it right now... we just came back from holiday... a lot of staff to clean :(
How to fix device unlocked cannot flash or erase

but Google translation looks OK...
translated

Let me know if you would need something... :fingers-crossed:

Mjallo

Aug 13, 2009
Hello,
seems like it was removed from OnePlus forum... it is 2 years back , uff :eek:
Time is running sooooo fast...

Suddenly I dont have it in engl anymore and I dont have time to translate it right now... we just came back from holiday... a lot of staff to clean :(
How to fix device unlocked cannot flash or erase

but Google translation looks OK...
translated

Let me know if you would need something... :fingers-crossed:
Sadly I have tried all that, but I cant even install (or boot) twrp recovery. Cant even in cyanogen recovery Apply update->choose from emulated it just cant mount anything.

djha53k

Aug 19, 2014
Prague
Sadly I have tried all that, but I cant even install (or boot) twrp recovery. Cant even in cyanogen recovery Apply update->choose from emulated it just cant mount anything.
Maaaan what have U done to your One?
U broke it even more then I did [emoji33]
But One is awesome device! U should be able to fix it by fast boot, just overwrite it from scratch, fast boot saved my a** everytime I "fixed" my One [emoji41]

Boot to fast boot (vol up+ power) connect to PC and overwrite everything... that should work everytime ;)

Mjallo

Aug 13, 2009
Maaaan what have U done to your One?
U broke it even more then I did [emoji33]
But One is awesome device! U should be able to fix it by fast boot, just overwrite it from scratch, fast boot saved my a** everytime I "fixed" my One [emoji41]

Boot to fast boot (vol up+ power) connect to PC and overwrite everything... that should work everytime ;)
Nope "device not unlocked" error when trying to flash anything.
I bought it like this and the only thing the old couple that had it was that they let it update but it ran out of battery (because they did not press confirm, and just let it drain the battery).
Here is the readout by the ColorOS installer http://imgur.com/w1zOQFU
This happens when I try to Sideload a update (have tried to do it with the unlocker) http://imgur.com/6L74N6J

djha53k

Aug 19, 2014
Prague
Nope "device not unlocked" error when trying to flash anything.
I bought it like this and the only thing the old couple that had it was that they let it update but it ran out of battery (because they did not press confirm, and just let it drain the battery).
Here is the readout by the ColorOS installer http://imgur.com/w1zOQFU
This happens when I try to Sideload a update (have tried to do it with the unlocker) http://imgur.com/6L74N6J
Man WT* is that?! Please follow my guide. Do not use any GUI app, just use simple Google fastboot and adb. Links to zip is in my guide.

Just use "fastboot" and "adb" commands directly from "cmd" window, do not use anything else.

I cannot help you more remotly, just try follow my guide precisely. It works I spent 28 hours to prove it [emoji56]
Or I can sell you my One as I had to sell it [emoji22]

Edit: what is output of "fastboot oem device-info" ???

Last edited:

Mjallo

Aug 13, 2009
Man WT* is that?! Please follow my guide. Do not use any GUI app, just use simple Google fastboot and adb. Links to zip is in my guide.

Just use "fastboot" and "adb" commands directly from "cmd" window, do not use anything else.

I cannot help you more remotly, just try follow my guide precisely. It works I spent 28 hours to prove it [emoji56]
Or I can sell you my One as I had to sell it [emoji22]

Edit: what is output of "fastboot oem device-info" ???
Have used CMD to do all that but just had that picture that showed some useful info.
When I do "fastboot oem device-info" It gives me tampered: true, Unlocked: false.

Have tried most of the guides and have tried a bunch of tools other people had success with but none is working.

The root is all my problems is that it is not unlocked and therefore I cant install a new backup or boot in to on (using Fastboot boot "filename".img) because every thing says it is not unlocked to flash.

I dont understand why this opo is so square because my other opo works great and can be flashed to all my hearts content

djha53k

Aug 19, 2014
Prague
Have used CMD to do all that but just had that picture that showed some useful info.
When I do "fastboot oem device-info" It gives me tampered: true, Unlocked: false.

Have tried most of the guides and have tried a bunch of tools other people had success with but none is working.

The root is all my problems is that it is not unlocked and therefore I cant install a new backup or boot in to on (using Fastboot boot "filename".img) because every thing says it is not unlocked to flash.

I dont understand why this opo is so square because my other opo works great and can be flashed to all my hearts content
OK, so the
Code:
fastboot oem device-info"
gives
(bootloader) Device tampered: true
(bootloader) Device unlocked: false

then you need to have One in the "Fastboot", then run
Code:
fastboot oem unlock
which should change both to TRUE.
If not, then you will need this file info how to is here .

This should help you to have this:
(bootloader) Device tampered: false
(bootloader) Device unlocked: true

then you should be able to:
Code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
:good:

Of course you need to have the "recovery.img" in the same folder as you have the "fastboot" binary file. Also you can name is as you want ;)

CBpbxEcmecmBeH

Oct 1, 2013
Leuven

and this?
http://android.stackexchange.com/questions/133576/how-to-re-unlock-bootloader-for-oneplus-one

Mjallo

Aug 13, 2009
OK, so the
Code:
fastboot oem device-info"
gives

then you need to have One in the "Fastboot", then run
Code:
fastboot oem unlock
which should change both to TRUE.
If not, then you will need this file info how to is here .

This should help you to have this:

then you should be able to:
Code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
:good:

Of course you need to have the "recovery.img" in the same folder as you have the "fastboot" binary file. Also you can name is as you want ;)
Oem unlock do not work. It just reboot the phone and changes nothing.

Have tried to use the boot-unlocker but that gives me cant mount or flash error (depends on if I try to sideload it or feed it though cmd).

I may be retarded but the OnePlusOne-BootUnlocker.zip is installed with cyanogen "apply update" right? (thats when you sideload it with adb), because that just gives a error screen like this http://imgur.com/6L74N6J
I have tried to push the file onto the memory with cmd and tried to run it but that just make the same error like the sideload one.

I sorry for asking so much for help but I have run out of ideas to try fixing it, I just feel like it should be possible to do because the Cyanogen Recovery menu works and it "boots" (just not past logo)

---------- Post added at 02:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 AM ----------

Cant do that because
Unlock the bootloader (fastboot oem unlock) Does nothing and just reboots the phone.
Boot TWRP (fastboot boot twrp-2.8.6.0-bacon.img) cant boot that because the phone is not unlocked so it cant flash it to memory

So It is a endless cycle with not being able to flash so I can unlock it so I can flash :(

Mjallo

Aug 13, 2009
I dont belive that, One is possible to fix till it is not physically broken ;)
Can U share video with fastboot commands (unlock and flash recovery)?
If you are near Prague ... come to visit me ;)
Thanks for the offer.

I'm working on making a video with the commands running but I have alot going on right now (sorry for the late reply)

Mjallo

Aug 13, 2009
I dont belive that, One is possible to fix till it is not physically broken ;)
Can U share video with fastboot commands (unlock and flash recovery)?
If you are near Prague ... come to visit me ;)
Okay have tried to make a movie, here is the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPl9L8yXNSs
I have taken a picture of the phones screen when I try to sideload. http://imgur.com/a/rBjTM

Hope they are okay, have not made videos this way before.

PS. I forgot to film me trying booting recovery but the result is the same as the boot.img

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Reset Unlock & Tamper Bit for OnePlus One

My Friend @Polarfuchs has confirmed that our unlocker zips are working fine, after new CM11S 30O OTA update.
    see post -- http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=54827475&postcount=182

==================== IGONE THIS WARNING ==========================
    !!! Warning !!!

In the NEW OTA CM11S XNPH30O, the bootloader (aboot) img size changed....

We request all not to apply the unlocker scripts on the new bootloader , until we confirm/find the new bit position.

It might brick your phone and corrupt bootloader...

Most of us know that we can flash custom roms or can root device only after UNLOCKING the bootloader from fastboot mode.
    If you relock your bootloader, you will need to do a full backup-and-restore whenever you decide to unlock it again.

This mod will allow you to unlock the bootloader without wiping the userdata as oppose to fastboot oem unlock command.

============================================================================
    Note:

Many users having trouble to UNLOCK their device for the FIRST TIME by using this script.
    Let me clarify few things for this mod.

The main purpose of this script is not UNLOCK Bootloader without wiping data.
    It's main purpose is to reset tamper bit, which can not be done by any other way.
    UNLOCK Bootloader without wiping data -- is another outcome of this MOD.

If you have not unlocked your device before (atleast for 1 time) by using command "fastboot oem unlock", then the script might not work for you.

In case your device is locked and you want to install this script from custom recovery like TWRP/CWM,
    it will be possible only if, you can boot temporarily using command -- fastboot boot <custom_recovery.img>.
    If this command failed, you will not be able to run the unlocker script and hence device will not be unlocked without wiping data

In which condition the device can be booted to custom recovery by using command -- fastboot boot <custom_recovery.img>, is still not very clear.

before running the command , check your device status "fastboot oem device-info"
    and report your error with the following points
    1) Did you unlock your device before by any means ? (or by fastboot oem unlock) ?
    2) What is the recovery already installed in your device ?
    3) What is the status of your device ? "fastboot oem device-info"
    4) What error msg you got when tried to run command
    fastboot boot <custom_recovery.img>.
    5) Steps you tried.

There are 4 possibilities of the the value set of the 2 bits ( unlock bit & tamper bit)
    1) Unlock Bit - FALSE , Tamper Bit - FALSE
    2) Unlock Bit - FALSE , Tamper Bit - TRUE
    3) Unlock Bit - TRUE, Tamper Bit - FALSE
    4) Unlock Bit - TRUE, Tamper Bit - TRUE

After getting proper error report from you , we can give confirmation about, in which of the above state,
    fastboot boot <custom_recovery.img> will work and hence installing the unlocker script/mod/zip can help you to
    UNLOCK your Bootloader without wiping DATA.

Kindly report your issues as I mentioned above...

Thanks

=================================================================================

There are generally 2 bits present on some partition of the phone for keeping track of unlocking.
    1) lock / unlock bit
    2) tamper bit

Both bits are initially FASLE. We can unlock bootloader by using command
    Code:
    fastboot oem unlock
    and can see the device information by
    Code:
    fastboot oem device-info
    like: 11.jpg

Once you unlock, both bits will come TRUE. This mod will write the 2 bits in aboot partition and can reset
    both bits (TOGGLE Bcsically) without factory reset as opposed to fastboot command fastboot oem unlock

So for One Plus One...
    Code:
    Partition - aboot (bootloader)
    Unlock Bit Position - 0x000FFE10 Hex - (1048080) Decimal   
    Tamper Bit Position - 0x000FFE14 Hex - (1048084) Decimal
    By @Polarfuchs

22.jpg

Credit to our Senior Member @Polarfuchs for finding out the partition & hex position that store the bits
    Actually we both tested this concept and modified the script by @osm0sis and applied on our devices and got success.
    We just added support for OnePlusOne (A0001)

You can check the following threads ...

1) http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2796286
    2) http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=54060253&postcount=11
    3) http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=54060141&postcount=395

But it is in Beta State, may be more testing required, we will make an app for it like Nexus 5 Unlocker later...

Main Credit goes to our Recognized Contributor @osm0sis for his Nexus BootUnlocker script, flashable from recovery
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2239421

Thank you Sir - @osm0sis

Since this mod writes on aboot (bootloader) partition to reset the 2 flags, it may brick your phone.
    Requesting developers to test it first, then give feedback here. After that any normal user can use it.
    We will not be responsible for any damage or bricking of your phone. Install this zip at your own risk.

Edit:
    Many users tried this and we can say that it is working , not beta anymore ...

This script can be installed from CWM / TWRP recovery

Another trick for installation is

Code:
    [B]fastboot boot <path/name of the recovery twrp img>[/B]

It will boot your phone into recovery once from the recovery image
    stored in your PC temporarily 
    then you can flash the zip either by sideload or from sdcard...
    Download Here : View attachment OnePlusOne-BootUnlocker.zip

Download Bootloader lock-unlock Toggle Only Script View attachment OnePlusOne-OnlyBootloaderToggle.zip (not tested yet)

Download Tamper Bit Toggle Only Script View attachment OnePlusOne-OnlyTamperBitToggle.zip (not tested yet)

If you like this MOD please hit thanks button :)
    Thank you all...
    OP Updated , with the following note....

========================================================
    Note:

Many users having trouble to UNLOCK their device for the FIRST TIME by using this script.
    Let me clarify few things for this mod.

The main purpose of this script is not UNLOCK Bootloader without wiping data.
    It's main purpose is to reset tamper bit, which can not be done by any other way.
    UNLOCK Bootloader without wiping data -- is another outcome of this MOD.

If you have not unlocked your device before (atleast for 1 time) by using command "fastboot oem unlock", then the script might not work for you.

In case your device is locked and you want to install this script from custom recovery like TWRP/CWM,
    it will be possible only if, you can boot temporarily using command -- fastboot boot <custom_recovery.img>.
    If this command failed, you will not be able to run the unlocker script and hence device will not be unlocked without wiping data

In which condition the device can be booted to custom recovery by using command -- fastboot boot <custom_recovery.img>, is still not very clear.

before running the command , check your device status "fastboot oem device-info"
    and report your error with the following points
    1) Did you unlock your device before by any means ? (or by fastboot oem unlock) ?
    2) What is the recovery already installed in your device ?
    3) What is the status of your device ? "fastboot oem device-info"
    4) What error msg you got when tried to run command -- fastboot boot <custom_recovery.img>.
    5) Steps you tried.

There are 4 possibilities of the the value set of the 2 bits ( unlock bit & tamper bit)
    1) Unlock Bit - FALSE , Tamper Bit - FALSE
    2) Unlock Bit - FALSE , Tamper Bit - TRUE
    3) Unlock Bit - TRUE, Tamper Bit - FALSE
    4) Unlock Bit - TRUE, Tamper Bit - TRUE

After getting proper error report from you , we can give confirmation about, in which of the above state,
    fastboot boot <custom_recovery.img> will work and hence installing the unlocker script/mod/zip can help you to
    UNLOCK your Bootloader without wiping DATA.

Kindly report your issues as I mentioned above...

Thanks

:fingers-crossed:
    OP Updated..

To avoid confusions and make things easier , I created 2 NEW Flash-able scripts

1) OnePlusOne-OnlyBootloaderToggle.zip

2) OnePlusOne-OnlyTamperBitToggle.zip

Whoever facing issue with the main unlocker script ... please try above scripts and please confirm me that it works or not...

:) Enjoy!!!
    !!! Warning !!!

In the NEW OTA CM11S XNPH30O, the bootloader (aboot) img size changed....

We request all not to apply the unlocker scripts on the new bootloader , until we confirm/find the new bit position.

It might brick your phone and corrupt bootloader...
    Not if your running XNPH30O.

Only flash if your still on XNPH25R