• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[MOD][OOS-Pie] WETAmod and modules [15th.Sept]

Search This thread

Mentalmuso

Recognized Developer
Mar 20, 2012
Austin
WETAmod

Any issues need to be accompanied with relative info, I can't fix anything if I have no idea the module, firmware version, conflicting modules.. it'll drive me nuts if you just say something doesn't work and that's all you put

WETAmod is a control app that installs audio and ui mods over a stock system.
WETAmod, for the OnePlus 6, is now, the controller of WETA UI mods, such as 3Minit and NavBar etc. Audio mods are staying separate as independant Magisk Modules. It just makes more sense that way.

For my last 5-6 devices I've built roms based off stock firmware images, though I'm deciding this is kind of a pointless endeavor, for me anyway. Downloading and flashing a gb zip when most files are not modified is a waste of bandwidth. WETAmod is an evolution from my roms to something more compact. Existing files will be replaced and patched only where needed.

Included in the module folder..

3Minit battery - status bar + Home button
3Minit clock
Battery bar - navigation bar
Navigation bar height
Immersive modes

Audio (individual Magisk Modules)
- WETA selected audio modules
- V4a 2.3.4.0 + 2.5.0.5 + 2.6.*
- dual speaker mod
- some experimental things activated

See post #3 for operation notes

Thanks to @zhuhang (v4a), @gharrington (3Minit), @topjohnwu (magisk)

@Mentalmuso

--->

Last edited:

Mentalmuso

Recognized Developer
Mar 20, 2012
Austin
WETAmod instruction

1. Download and flash the appropriate installer zip for your firmware version.
2. Flash via TWRP (magisk modules can be flashed via magisk manager also)
3. Open WETAmod and Grant su permissions.

The app itself, is similar to rom control apps but the majority of mods are applied via shell scripts. If the page you are making selections on has an "execute" or "apply" bar on it, you need to press that for the mods to be applied. This may result in a sysui reboot, or in some rare cases a full reboot.

If you have more questions, then come visit the telegram thread. I am not the best at explanations via xda at times, and things are always evolving in my corner.

WETA Audio

Android audio. This can be a touchy subject with regards to driver and module ports from other devices. I'll be transparent here, and say this... drivers from other devices may prove useless. Though the drivers I use here, have been tested to be functional... Which is a good start I'd say, then using ears... have a perceived difference in the positive to stock audio. Use your own ears, be subjective, use or don't use this module.

--->

Last edited:

omar2005

Jun 11, 2016
Doha
WETAmod Magisk Modules

This is a simple thread sharing modules I am using personally on DP3. While I decide what direction I am going to take with this device, I needed to be on the latest firmware with my favorite mods.

I am currently still working on the note 8 rom WETA, and am deciding whether a rom is actually something I want to do on this device considering there are already a few great options in this forum.

@Mentalmuso

--->

deleted i know it's a horrible idea but i wanted to give samsung expericence another try

Last edited:
Reactions: Robert235

Mentalmuso

Recognized Developer
Mar 20, 2012
Austin
What is "WETA" ?
Can I use this modules on other roms?

It's a tag, it's a name, it's an identifier.

You can use them on any dp3 or upcoming Pie OOS based rom.
Though I'd imagine all the OOS roms once updated to pie will have these features. I'm just filling a gap.

I'm a Samsung and LG Dev mainly, that has become bored and annoyed with things surrounding those devices.

cukisan

Feb 3, 2008
I was sure but I wanted confirmation. I looked around but nothing for Oreo. thank you very much anyway

EmRav

Jun 4, 2012
So is this just straight up other modules you packaged up? Not sure I see the point.

Mentalmuso

Recognized Developer
Mar 20, 2012
Austin
So is this just straight up other modules you packaged up? Not sure I see the point.

Is that a negative vibe I sense there?

I've had the op6 for just over a week, was on dp3 and made the modules for it. Because thats what I do. I didn't see any other dp3 modules out there so I thought I'd share... You know.. for the community.

What exactly are you getting at? And if you have "no point" then just move along.

EmRav

Jun 4, 2012
Is that a negative vibe I sense there?

I've had the op6 for just over a week, was on dp3 and made the modules for it. Because thats what I do. I didn't see any other dp3 modules out there so I thought I'd share... You know.. for the community.

What exactly are you getting at? And if you have "no point" then just move along.
Nope! No negative vibe, I just see all the things you listed available on the Magisk download already so I'm wondering if there is any difference between your bundle and those. If there isn't a difference shouldn't we keep things to one source and move this to a purely discussion forum?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WETAmod

Any issues need to be accompanied with relative info, I can't fix anything if I have no idea the module, firmware version, conflicting modules.. it'll drive me nuts if you just say something doesn't work and that's all you put

WETAmod is a control app that installs audio and ui mods over a stock system.
    WETAmod, for the OnePlus 6, is now, the controller of WETA UI mods, such as 3Minit and NavBar etc. Audio mods are staying separate as independant Magisk Modules. It just makes more sense that way.

For my last 5-6 devices I've built roms based off stock firmware images, though I'm deciding this is kind of a pointless endeavor, for me anyway. Downloading and flashing a gb zip when most files are not modified is a waste of bandwidth. WETAmod is an evolution from my roms to something more compact. Existing files will be replaced and patched only where needed.

Included in the module folder..

3Minit battery - status bar + Home button
    3Minit clock
    Battery bar - navigation bar
    Navigation bar height
    Immersive modes

Audio (individual Magisk Modules)
    - WETA selected audio modules
    - V4a 2.3.4.0 + 2.5.0.5 + 2.6.*
    - dual speaker mod
    - some experimental things activated

See post #3 for operation notes

@Mentalmuso

--->
    WETAmod instruction

1. Download and flash the appropriate installer zip for your firmware version.
    2. Flash via TWRP (magisk modules can be flashed via magisk manager also)
    3. Open WETAmod and Grant su permissions.

The app itself, is similar to rom control apps but the majority of mods are applied via shell scripts. If the page you are making selections on has an "execute" or "apply" bar on it, you need to press that for the mods to be applied. This may result in a sysui reboot, or in some rare cases a full reboot.

If you have more questions, then come visit the telegram thread. I am not the best at explanations via xda at times, and things are always evolving in my corner.

WETA Audio

Android audio. This can be a touchy subject with regards to driver and module ports from other devices. I'll be transparent here, and say this... drivers from other devices may prove useless. Though the drivers I use here, have been tested to be functional... Which is a good start I'd say, then using ears... have a perceived difference in the positive to stock audio. Use your own ears, be subjective, use or don't use this module.

--->
    Downloads + links...

Telegram thread
    t.me/WETAop6

Module Folder
    https://mega.nz/#F!atFjxATC!PVM77k3NGB9jurmiN43XGw

--->
    Whats the purpose of your audio mods? Since the original dual speaker, v4a, ainur sauron and AML are all fully functional from the original owners... Just install these from magisk and you are good to go ?

My versions of V4a are made using the actual files from a OP6, and tested soley for the OP6. V4a using AML works, but I found one day you'll be listening to music and you see the damn thing isn't processing. This is due to a lib called shoebox. Unity versions of V4a aren't going to deal with that. Same goes with the other audio mods. WETA audio has been tested on the OP6 only, and in fact is stripped down compared to previous versions on other devices due to driver incompatibility with Pie,

Here's another wee nugget, i don't come into an xda forum, and troll though and see what other mods are out there just so I don't upload something similar. I upload mods, because I have made them for myself and I am simply sharing them. I don't have to share anything, I'm not stroking my ego with this hobby.

I will say I am an update whore, so if there is a new beta or firmware update, I will be updating most things (for my own benefit) within a day of it's release.

Edit.. no negative vibes were intended from this response, you have asked a good couple of questions.

Edit 2.. I'm not really advocating for the WETAaudio drivers, they are a probably outdated way of applying audio mods now, most drivers ported from other devices call for things in the original devices framework, the ones I've included do something, they add bass and a slight sound stage, though I'm not going to go much further with it. The "audio mod" world really is a crap shoot these days. But from what I've read, the Ainur team seems to be the most informed on Android audio.
    OOS Pie Beta #3 pre patched boot.img

There has been a few issues with booting twrp etc with the latest beta release. Here is the stock boot.img pre patched with TWRP and Magisk 17.1.

Download link

--->