[MOD][OOS-Pie] WETAmod and modules [15th.Sept]

Search This thread

Taebom

Aug 12, 2010
Love your mods, been using them since the original pixel days. I've also been using your sound profiles and was just wondering if you have updated those over the years as well?

Mentalmuso

Recognized Developer
Mar 20, 2012
Austin
Love your mods, been using them since the original pixel days. I've also been using your sound profiles and was just wondering if you have updated those over the years as well?

I may have slightly, but in general would be the same. I just tweak the bass and clarity to suit whatever vehicle I am using.

Reactions: Taebom

BoOsT

Jan 6, 2008
Southeast Missouri

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180913-083505.jpg
    Screenshot_20180913-083505.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 360

Mentalmuso

Recognized Developer
Mar 20, 2012
Austin
Still does it even without AML. ?

So what fault finding have you done to decipher exactly what module it is? Have you specifically disabled wetaaudio module to prove it's that? I just don't want to go stabbing in the dark trying to figure out a problem I'm not seeing. I need to replicate it.

Edit... And you are 100% sure you have flashed the correct wetaaudio module for the version of OOS you are running?

Edit2 ... It's going to most likely be dual speaker mod. Again, please make sure you have flashed the correct module.

Last edited:

Mentalmuso

Recognized Developer
Mar 20, 2012
Austin
WETA OOS PieBeta #3

Updated WETAui to v3.0 compatible with Pie Beta 3
- Solid permanent NavBar coloring added since v2.0
- 3Minit Clock Home Button option added also
WETA Audio , V4a , and Dual speaker are unchanged
New WETA reboot app module, a simple advanced reboot app that is hidden from the app drawer. It registers itself as an assistant service, meaning it can be selected as the assistant app for the new power button assistant action. Pretty handy until proper reboot recovery support comes to light.

*** Reboot app can be selected by going to settings, buttons, quick activate assist app, (press the title/heading/description, select app to use... Make sure switch is on.

Pie Beta #3 Download Folder

--->

Last edited:

fernavil

Jul 4, 2012
valencia (spain)
WETA OOS PieBeta #3

Updated WETAui to v3.0 compatible with Pie Beta 3
- Solid permanent NavBar coloring added since v2.0
- 3Minit Clock Home Button option added also
WETA Audio , V4a , and Dual speaker are unchanged
New WETA reboot app module, a simple advanced reboot app that is hidden from the app drawer. It registers itself as an assistant service, meaning it can be selected as the assistant app for the new power button assistant action. Pretty handy until proper reboot recovery support comes to light.

Pie Beta #3 Download Folder

--->

New WETA reboot app module, don't work

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WETAmod

Any issues need to be accompanied with relative info, I can't fix anything if I have no idea the module, firmware version, conflicting modules.. it'll drive me nuts if you just say something doesn't work and that's all you put

WETAmod is a control app that installs audio and ui mods over a stock system.
    WETAmod, for the OnePlus 6, is now, the controller of WETA UI mods, such as 3Minit and NavBar etc. Audio mods are staying separate as independant Magisk Modules. It just makes more sense that way.

For my last 5-6 devices I've built roms based off stock firmware images, though I'm deciding this is kind of a pointless endeavor, for me anyway. Downloading and flashing a gb zip when most files are not modified is a waste of bandwidth. WETAmod is an evolution from my roms to something more compact. Existing files will be replaced and patched only where needed.

Included in the module folder..

3Minit battery - status bar + Home button
    3Minit clock
    Battery bar - navigation bar
    Navigation bar height
    Immersive modes

Audio (individual Magisk Modules)
    - WETA selected audio modules
    - V4a 2.3.4.0 + 2.5.0.5 + 2.6.*
    - dual speaker mod
    - some experimental things activated

See post #3 for operation notes

Thanks to @zhuhang (v4a), @gharrington (3Minit), @topjohnwu (magisk)

@Mentalmuso

--->
    WETAmod instruction

1. Download and flash the appropriate installer zip for your firmware version.
    2. Flash via TWRP (magisk modules can be flashed via magisk manager also)
    3. Open WETAmod and Grant su permissions.

The app itself, is similar to rom control apps but the majority of mods are applied via shell scripts. If the page you are making selections on has an "execute" or "apply" bar on it, you need to press that for the mods to be applied. This may result in a sysui reboot, or in some rare cases a full reboot.

If you have more questions, then come visit the telegram thread. I am not the best at explanations via xda at times, and things are always evolving in my corner.

WETA Audio

Android audio. This can be a touchy subject with regards to driver and module ports from other devices. I'll be transparent here, and say this... drivers from other devices may prove useless. Though the drivers I use here, have been tested to be functional... Which is a good start I'd say, then using ears... have a perceived difference in the positive to stock audio. Use your own ears, be subjective, use or don't use this module.

--->
    Downloads + links...

Telegram thread
    t.me/WETAop6

Module Folder
    https://mega.nz/#F!atFjxATC!PVM77k3NGB9jurmiN43XGw

--->
    Whats the purpose of your audio mods? Since the original dual speaker, v4a, ainur sauron and AML are all fully functional from the original owners... Just install these from magisk and you are good to go ?

My versions of V4a are made using the actual files from a OP6, and tested soley for the OP6. V4a using AML works, but I found one day you'll be listening to music and you see the damn thing isn't processing. This is due to a lib called shoebox. Unity versions of V4a aren't going to deal with that. Same goes with the other audio mods. WETA audio has been tested on the OP6 only, and in fact is stripped down compared to previous versions on other devices due to driver incompatibility with Pie,

Here's another wee nugget, i don't come into an xda forum, and troll though and see what other mods are out there just so I don't upload something similar. I upload mods, because I have made them for myself and I am simply sharing them. I don't have to share anything, I'm not stroking my ego with this hobby.

I will say I am an update whore, so if there is a new beta or firmware update, I will be updating most things (for my own benefit) within a day of it's release.

Edit.. no negative vibes were intended from this response, you have asked a good couple of questions.

Edit 2.. I'm not really advocating for the WETAaudio drivers, they are a probably outdated way of applying audio mods now, most drivers ported from other devices call for things in the original devices framework, the ones I've included do something, they add bass and a slight sound stage, though I'm not going to go much further with it. The "audio mod" world really is a crap shoot these days. But from what I've read, the Ainur team seems to be the most informed on Android audio.
    OOS Pie Beta #3 pre patched boot.img

There has been a few issues with booting twrp etc with the latest beta release. Here is the stock boot.img pre patched with TWRP and Magisk 17.1.

Download link

--->
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone