• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[MOD][OOS-Pie] WETAmod and modules [15th.Sept]

Search This thread

awaisuk

Dec 9, 2010
The dual speaker mod works on OOS Pie, but the speakers are not in sync. The speaker sounds like echoing.... The speaker volume needs to be sync as right now, one sound alittle ahead the the other one.

Mentalmuso

Recognized Developer
Mar 20, 2012
Austin
The dual speaker mod works on OOS Pie, but the speakers are not in sync. The speaker sounds like echoing.... The speaker volume needs to be sync as right now, one sound alittle ahead the the other one.

There's no way around the volume unless you want a blown speaker

And out of sync? That's impossible to achieve by using mixer_paths which is what this mod is based on. Though if you have atmos, or any kind of spacial surround effect then that is exactly how those effects create surround

TymmyD

Jun 6, 2009
I'm using the pie beta 3 magisk speaker mod module on its own. All is well normally with YouTube and the like. But every now and then when using my sat nav of choice Waze, the directions said sound all distorted and robot like. Not on every instruction but on some.
Is this a thing? Can it be resolved using v4a? Or July using a different driver or something.

Any help appreciated.

Rudolpht

Sep 5, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S21
Mi MIX Fold
I've tested speaker mod and viper and both work fine. He's working on updating the UI mods
Excellent! Thanks!

Sent from my OnePlus ONEPLUS A6003 using XDA Labs

---------- Post added at 01:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 AM ----------

I've tested speaker mod and viper and both work fine. He's working on updating the UI mods

My lack of waiting for the answer has me in a bootloop after applying the AUI module. Is there a way to delete the magisk module w/o having to rebuild boot, possibly w/o magisk to kill the file???

Heeelllpp

byReqz

Jul 14, 2016
Excellent! Thanks!

Sent from my OnePlus ONEPLUS A6003 using XDA Labs

---------- Post added at 01:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 AM ----------

My lack of waiting for the answer has me in a bootloop after applying the AUI module. Is there a way to delete the magisk module w/o having to rebuild boot, possibly w/o magisk to kill the file???

Heeelllpp
Magisk Manager for Recovery, just flash it and use it in twrp terminal without restart

Rudolpht

Sep 5, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S21
Mi MIX Fold
Magisk Manager for Recovery, just flash it and use it in twrp terminal without restart
Thanks. Would have made more sense. I installed Magisk root & reinstalled, just need to find the remaining modules I previously had installed. It did mess up a few things requiring reinstallation to regain root, e.g., Titanium Backup Pro. But in the end OK. Thanks. Smarter next time.

---------- Post added at 10:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 AM ----------

Update: Magisk Manager for Recovery not installing. says MM only

byReqz

Jul 14, 2016
Thanks. Would have made more sense. I installed Magisk root & reinstalled, just need to find the remaining modules I previously had installed. It did mess up a few things requiring reinstallation to regain root, e.g., Titanium Backup Pro. But in the end OK. Thanks. Smarter next time.

---------- Post added at 10:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 AM ----------

Update: Magisk Manager for Recovery not installing. says MM only
Its working, i use it myself, check if its thw right version

baxtex

Oct 16, 2011
I'm on Offical Pie release. What Firmware patch should I flash and what zip for stereo? I saw previous posts used Beta 3 and it seemed to work but I wonder which file is for the Firmware? Or is magisk module the only thing necessary? Sorry, I feel that the file names are confusing. :S

Last edited:

Taebom

Aug 12, 2010
I'm on Offical Pie release. What Firmware patch should I flash and what zip for stereo? I saw previous posts used Beta 3 and it seemed to work but I wonder which file is for the Firmware? Or is magisk module the only thing necessary? Sorry, I feel that the file names are confusing. :S

U can use the sound mods in the pie beta 3 folder. UI mods need working on.

Reactions: baxtex

Dioser

Oct 20, 2010
I'm on Offical Pie release. What Firmware patch should I flash and what zip for stereo? I'm guessing it would be WETAmod_OP6_5.1.11_v2.zip for firmware and WETA_OP6pie_DualSpeakerMod.zip in the DP3 folder for magisk?

Or can I use Zips for the Pie beta 3? I'm guessing WETA_reboot_OOSPB3_#3.zip for firmware and then use WETA_OOS_PieBeta3_WETAui_v3.0.zip and WETA_OOS_PieBeta3_DualSpkMod.zip ?
https://mega.nz/#F!atFjxATC!PVM77k3NGB9jurmiN43XGw!O8dHwahI

Reactions: baxtex

R3VX

Aug 8, 2014
The delay in the earpiece vs the speaker is noticable, not usable at all.

baxtex

Oct 16, 2011
So I tried the module now. It would be great if it wasn't for the delay. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WETAmod

Any issues need to be accompanied with relative info, I can't fix anything if I have no idea the module, firmware version, conflicting modules.. it'll drive me nuts if you just say something doesn't work and that's all you put

WETAmod is a control app that installs audio and ui mods over a stock system.
    WETAmod, for the OnePlus 6, is now, the controller of WETA UI mods, such as 3Minit and NavBar etc. Audio mods are staying separate as independant Magisk Modules. It just makes more sense that way.

For my last 5-6 devices I've built roms based off stock firmware images, though I'm deciding this is kind of a pointless endeavor, for me anyway. Downloading and flashing a gb zip when most files are not modified is a waste of bandwidth. WETAmod is an evolution from my roms to something more compact. Existing files will be replaced and patched only where needed.

Included in the module folder..

3Minit battery - status bar + Home button
    3Minit clock
    Battery bar - navigation bar
    Navigation bar height
    Immersive modes

Audio (individual Magisk Modules)
    - WETA selected audio modules
    - V4a 2.3.4.0 + 2.5.0.5 + 2.6.*
    - dual speaker mod
    - some experimental things activated

See post #3 for operation notes

Thanks to @zhuhang (v4a), @gharrington (3Minit), @topjohnwu (magisk)

@Mentalmuso

--->
    WETAmod instruction

1. Download and flash the appropriate installer zip for your firmware version.
    2. Flash via TWRP (magisk modules can be flashed via magisk manager also)
    3. Open WETAmod and Grant su permissions.

The app itself, is similar to rom control apps but the majority of mods are applied via shell scripts. If the page you are making selections on has an "execute" or "apply" bar on it, you need to press that for the mods to be applied. This may result in a sysui reboot, or in some rare cases a full reboot.

If you have more questions, then come visit the telegram thread. I am not the best at explanations via xda at times, and things are always evolving in my corner.

WETA Audio

Android audio. This can be a touchy subject with regards to driver and module ports from other devices. I'll be transparent here, and say this... drivers from other devices may prove useless. Though the drivers I use here, have been tested to be functional... Which is a good start I'd say, then using ears... have a perceived difference in the positive to stock audio. Use your own ears, be subjective, use or don't use this module.

--->
    Downloads + links...

Telegram thread
    t.me/WETAop6

Module Folder
    https://mega.nz/#F!atFjxATC!PVM77k3NGB9jurmiN43XGw

--->
    Whats the purpose of your audio mods? Since the original dual speaker, v4a, ainur sauron and AML are all fully functional from the original owners... Just install these from magisk and you are good to go ?

My versions of V4a are made using the actual files from a OP6, and tested soley for the OP6. V4a using AML works, but I found one day you'll be listening to music and you see the damn thing isn't processing. This is due to a lib called shoebox. Unity versions of V4a aren't going to deal with that. Same goes with the other audio mods. WETA audio has been tested on the OP6 only, and in fact is stripped down compared to previous versions on other devices due to driver incompatibility with Pie,

Here's another wee nugget, i don't come into an xda forum, and troll though and see what other mods are out there just so I don't upload something similar. I upload mods, because I have made them for myself and I am simply sharing them. I don't have to share anything, I'm not stroking my ego with this hobby.

I will say I am an update whore, so if there is a new beta or firmware update, I will be updating most things (for my own benefit) within a day of it's release.

Edit.. no negative vibes were intended from this response, you have asked a good couple of questions.

Edit 2.. I'm not really advocating for the WETAaudio drivers, they are a probably outdated way of applying audio mods now, most drivers ported from other devices call for things in the original devices framework, the ones I've included do something, they add bass and a slight sound stage, though I'm not going to go much further with it. The "audio mod" world really is a crap shoot these days. But from what I've read, the Ainur team seems to be the most informed on Android audio.
    OOS Pie Beta #3 pre patched boot.img

There has been a few issues with booting twrp etc with the latest beta release. Here is the stock boot.img pre patched with TWRP and Magisk 17.1.

Download link

--->