[MOD] Original Green Power Control widget for CM5.0.5.3

Search This thread

j.bruha

Jan 15, 2010
I'm currently running Cyanogen 5.0.5.3 and loving it, but I'm finding that the cyan color on Power Control just isn't doing it for me anymore. I think I'd much prefer the original green again.

I did a bit of research, extracted Settings.apk from some stock images and tried pushing them to system/app, but it didn't seem to work. Does anybody have any idea how to get this widget back to its original colors?

Edit: Title changed to reflect attachments in thread. :D

Last edited:

ChainsDD

Retired Recognized Developer
Feb 11, 2009
Suffolk, UK
noshufou.com
I'm currently running Cyanogen 5.0.5.3 and loving it, but I'm finding that the cyan color on Power Control just isn't doing it for me anymore. I think I'd much prefer the original green again.

I did a bit of research, extracted Settings.apk from some stock images and tried pushing them to system/app, but it didn't seem to work. Does anybody have any idea how to get this widget back to its original colors?
Pushing Settings.apk from a stock image was on the tight track, but you'd be missing out on some of the new settings and features that have been added in.

Attached is Settings.apk compiled from 5.0.5.3 with the stock green indicators. Push it to /system/app :cool:

I'm also looking for this. Or maybe different colors besides Cyan.
I like the this idea, perhaps customizable? I'll look into it later, I'm just on my lunch break now...

you can find it in one of the shipping roms just search and extract the GenieWidget.apk file and push it to /system/app/

GenieWidget.apk is the news and weather widget...

Attachments

• Settings.apk
    2.5 MB · Views: 131
Last edited:

Saphroxx

Jan 25, 2010
Leuven
Hello there,

I totally agree on the Green power Widget color thing! It's the first and only thing I disliked when I flashed CM5 for the 1st time.

Now I pushed your Settings.apk to /system/app/ using following command:

Code:
adb remount
adb push Settings.apk /system/app/

Unfortunately it didn't work, so I tried installing it with AndroidCommander and again the operation succesfully finished but it doesn't show up.

When I longpress the background and choose Widgets, then Launcher2 FC's.

This also happens after rebooting twice.

FYI: I'm using CM5.0.5.3 with kmobs UV'd kernel (2.6.33.1-cyanogenmod [email protected] #9)

In attachment you can find a logcat, I had to cut like 50% of the complete log because the .TXT exceeded the max of 19.3kb according to forums policy.
Let me know if you miss important info in the log then I'll get you the full log.

Thanks in advance to look into this matter :)

Keep up the good work! Much appreciated!

Attachments

• logcat.txt
    19.3 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

j.bruha

Jan 15, 2010
Did you remember "adb remount"? It didn't work for me the first time because I forgot this step but it worked the second time after the remount.

Saphroxx

Jan 25, 2010
Leuven
Did you remember "adb remount"? It didn't work for me the first time because I forgot this step but it worked the second time after the remount.

yes I did a remount first (stated in my post above). I reverted back to CM5.0.5.3 with the blue powerwidget + flashed kmobs UV'd kernel #9.
Gonna try once more now hopefully with more luck. If not then I'll post a full logcat.

In ChainsDD's post he states the following:

Attached is Settings.apk compiled from 5.0.5.3 with the stock green indicators. Push it to /settings/app

Does "/settings/app/" even exist? Isn't he referring to /system/app ? I am patiently awaiting feedback ^^

Thx for your reply.

Last edited:

j.bruha

Jan 15, 2010
Right, you did totally say you did a remount. I'm sorry, brah. :eek:

I pushed mine to /system/app as that's where all the apk's are.

Saphroxx

Jan 25, 2010
Leuven
Right, you did totally say you did a remount. I'm sorry, brah. :eek:

I pushed mine to /system/app as that's where all the apk's are.

Indeed I also tried pushing it to /system/app/ as /settings/app/ doesn't exist.

BUT

I just tried again with no luck :( Attached another logcat.

Which adb command did you use? "adb push" or "adb install -r" or ... ?

As far as my knowledge goes:
- push = copies the files
- install = copy+install right? The parameter -r stands for "reinstall" when the .apk already exists.

Could you provide the exact command you typed?

Thanks again for your reply.

Attachments

• logcat2.txt
    6.2 KB · Views: 4

j.bruha

Jan 15, 2010
I know it's sounding complicated, but I just pushed the file.

adb remount
adb push settings.apk /system/app
adb reboot

That's it my friend.

ChainsDD

Feb 11, 2009
Suffolk, UK
noshufou.com
You're right... I screwed up... /system/app...

adb install will install the app to /data/app, use adb push when you need to push something to any other folder. apks in /system/app are automatically installed.

Saphroxx

Jan 25, 2010
Leuven
Ok just ran through the whole process a 3th time.. still same issue.

Is there any cache/data/folders I need to clear before trying again?

I flashed CM5.0.5.3, flashed kmobs UV'd kernel, black desire notification bar and pushed Setting.apk again... Same issue.

Microsoft Windows XP [versie 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

G:\Data\Phone\Green Power Widget for 5.0.5.3>dir
De volumenaam van station G is Elements
Het volumenummer is 2A28-4927

Map van G:\Data\Phone\Green Power Widget for 5.0.5.3

25/03/2010 14:42 <DIR> .
25/03/2010 14:42 <DIR> ..
25/03/2010 15:55 64.494 logcat.log
25/03/2010 16:42 19.712 logcat.txt
25/03/2010 21:38 2.593.630 Settings.apk
25/03/2010 21:54 6.336 logcat2.txt
4 bestand(en) 2.684.172 bytes
2 map(pen) 34.166.112.256 bytes beschikbaar

G:\Data\Phone\Green Power Widget for 5.0.5.3>adb devices
List of devices attached
HT9CPP804804 device

G:\Data\Phone\Green Power Widget for 5.0.5.3>adb remount
remount succeeded

G:\Data\Phone\Green Power Widget for 5.0.5.3>
G:\Data\Phone\Green Power Widget for 5.0.5.3>adb push Settings.apk /system/app
982 KB/s (2593630 bytes in 2.578s)

G:\Data\Phone\Green Power Widget for 5.0.5.3>adb reboot

G:\Data\Phone\Green Power Widget for 5.0.5.3>

After doing this the powerwidget, nor Settings is available and in addition Launcher2 keeps FC'ing when I longpress background and select anything there (widgets, folders,...)

Could you please have a look into the logcats I posted? This seems sucha strange issue as I completely understand the process and execute it correctly.. I'm no idiot. Could it have to do something with incompatibility with the other mods? I'm gonna get some sleep now I'll continue tomorrow :p

Thanks for your feedback.

Last edited:

Saphroxx

Jan 25, 2010
Leuven
Goodmorning ChainsDD,

Attached you can find the logcat of when I'm installing.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• logacat-installing-greenwidget.txt
    1.7 KB · Views: 10

ChainsDD

Feb 11, 2009
Suffolk, UK
noshufou.com
Code:
PackageManager(  106): Package com.android.settings has no signatures that match those in shared user android.uid.system; ignoring!

This is what I thought was happening. I saw this before, but I'm not sure how I fixed it... The apk pushes fine on my phone, so it's probably an something between mods. Try reflashing 5.0.5.3, then push Settings.apk, then install other mods.

Saphroxx

Jan 25, 2010
Leuven
I flashed CM5.0.5.3 without anything else, no other kernel, no mods, just CM5.0.5.3 and I still have the same issue..

- Is there a specific cache/temp folder that I can clear to become a complete full wipe?

- Could it have to do something with the fact that the 1st time I executed following command: "adb install Settings.apk" so it messed up something?

- I guess I'll just wait for another CM release to come where the PowerWidget will be pulled from and adapted to green so I can test once more. I'm gonna do some more research regarding the signatures thingy. This signatures stuff doesn't affect anything else, right? For example pushing other other apps etc? If so I NEED this resolved otherwise I just wait for another CM release etc.

Thanks for your assistance so far! Much appreciated.

j.bruha

Jan 15, 2010
Can somebody revert the colors of the power control and analog clock widget back to the stock green by modifying Settings.apk from Test 2? I'd like to keep all the new settings, but I really want the green color back. I posted this in the CM thread also.

david1171

Apr 29, 2009
Can somebody revert the colors of the power control and analog clock widget back to the stock green by modifying Settings.apk from Test 2? I'd like to keep all the new settings, but I really want the green color back. I posted this in the CM thread also.

http://android-theme-minus.googlecode.com/files/stock_alarm_clock.zip

http://android-theme-minus.googlecode.com/files/green_pc.zip

The first is a morph for the alarm clock widget to stock green and the second is a morph for power control widget to stock green.

Updated links to work with .thm and .xml versions of Metamorph.

Last edited:
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone