[MOD] Patched Google Wallet for Galaxy S4 (Version 2.x+ - New Version)

Search This thread

RJV3

Mar 8, 2012
New York City
It will work on HD. You just have to use the stock or stock optimized kernel. I've used the install in this thread on 9, 10, 10.1, & 10.2 without issue. Tap & Pay has set up and worked at multiple stores for me.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy 4 using Taptalk 4.

Any reason why it won't work using ktoonz kernel? It used to work on hd 9.1 on ktoonz kernel.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

psu90

Feb 15, 2013
Fredericksburg
Any reason why it won't work using ktoonz kernel? It used to work on hd 9.1 on ktoonz kernel.

I'm not sure. I've always use the stock or stock optimized kernel, because the smart stay and pip features aren't a big deal to me. Using one of those two kernels I've never had an issue with Wallet. From reading the threads I have seen that those using other kernels with HD either can't get Wallet working at all or it is very erratic.

Sparxx2k8

Aug 8, 2008
I'm rooted on MJ7 via Root De la Vega (an upgrade from ME7 keeping root during my OTA upgrade). Verizon sent me an NFC SIM card at no charge. I ordered it on the website and they sent it 2-day Fed-Ex. Then I used this link to install ISIS ( http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2425346 ) I tried it for the first time today and it worked. I don't like how ISIS forces the use of the AMEX Serve card if you don't have an AMEX. It seems like you have to manually keep it loaded. Where as (if it worked) Wallet allows any card to be linked. Hope this helps.

I guess, then, even with the need for the "serve" card, will Wallet and ISIS run simultaneously on the same device.

mcleaver84

Dec 17, 2011
Bloomsburg
It will work on HD. You just have to use the stock or stock optimized kernel. I've used the install in this thread on 9, 10, 10.1, & 10.2 without issue. Tap & Pay has set up and worked at multiple stores for me.

I am on stock optimized...I can get it to install and it sets up properly I just can't get it to complete a purchase. It recognizes the reader when I try to tap and pay but it just won't complete the transaction.

psu90

Feb 15, 2013
Fredericksburg
I am on stock optimized...I can get it to install and it sets up properly I just can't get it to complete a purchase. It recognizes the reader when I try to tap and pay but it just won't complete the transaction.

Don't know if it will help, but I generally flash the zip right after the aroma install and before the reboot. This last install I forgot to do the install before the reboot and reinstalling most of my apps from TB, but Wallet with tap and pay still works for me.

Sparxx2k8

Aug 8, 2008
Should I upgrade the wallet app? It's ready in the play store to update, but I don't want to break the hacked app...

rainabba

Mar 16, 2008
This is just for < 4.4? It's not needed with CM11 and the latest wallet from the play store. It's working fine stock.

1Shotwonder

Jul 21, 2009
Kissimmee
So can we install the update from the market with this or do we have to wait for a new zip to flash getting annoyed with the damn update being there all the time lolim sure we cant just update via market but thought id ask I used to do the google wallet with the lib changes and all that so this zip flashing im unsure of hell I havent even tested it out yet really

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app

truckmann

Jan 20, 2011
I see that loserskater now has the latest apk modded so I'm guessing that open1your1eyes0 will have an update for us soon as well.

Dec 25, 2012
So can we install the update from the market with this or do we have to wait for a new zip to flash getting annoyed with the damn update being there all the time lolim sure we cant just update via market but thought id ask I used to do the google wallet with the lib changes and all that so this zip flashing im unsure of hell I havent even tested it out yet really

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app

Update breaks tap and pay. Still can't get the old version to work on hyperdrive 10.2

Reactions: RJV3

GameChanger

Jan 2, 2012
El Mirage
What kernel are you using and how did you install without breaking nfc

Stock optimized is the only kernel I was able to use successfully. Right after I clean flash 10.2 before reboot (uncheck reboot square) I flashed v1 mod then reboot. This is the only way to not break NFC. Then change build prop. Reboot. Update xposed and check mark wallet region mod and reboot. Set wallet up and then change build prop back.

Dec 25, 2012
Finally got it to work at a 7-11. Hyperdrive 10.2 on safestrap. Just downloaded the app and flashed zip.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Patched Google Wallet for Galaxy S4
    (Version 2.x+ - New Version)

N16vUE0.png

Description: This method will help you get Google Wallet (version 2.0+) working on your Verizon Galaxy S4. This should also work on AT&T/Sprint/T-Mobile Galaxy S4 as well.

Please Note
    • This method has been tested and guaranteed to work on stock odexed VRUAME7 build on the Verizon Galaxy S4. Other custom ROMs on the same device and other Galaxy S4s are welcome for testing but not guaranteed as working.
    • If you happen to have issues with this version of Google Wallet no matter what you test, please consider using the older version which seems to be working for more ROMs: Link Here
    • In order to use this method you need to be rooted and have a custom recovery or SafeStrap recovery on your device.
    Downloads (Version 2.0-R133-v14)

How to Apply Mod

1. If you have Xposed app installed you don't need to remove it
    2. Just be sure to disable/uncheck the Google Wallet Root and Region Check Remover in the Modules section of the app if you have it installed
    3. You DON'T need to "Reset" your current Google Wallet in the app if you have any installed
    4. Just "Force Stop" the Wallet app (in the Application manager section on your device)
    5. Then "Clear Cache" and "Clear Data" on Wallet app (in the Application manager section on your device)
    6. Using Root Explorer, delete all traces of the Wallet app from both locations /system/app/ and /data/app/
    7. It could be called com.google.android.apps.wallet.apk or similar or could be called Wallet.apk as well so check for both
    8. Then reboot your device right after this is done
    9. Flash the one of the attached zip files I have in this post using your custom recovery
    10. Once you boot back into Android, just open the Wallet app and set everything up, and setup Tap and Pay but wait till it finishes and says it is ready
    11. Check what "Tap and Pay" says in "About" section of the app and then you can close Google Wallet and should be all set

Transaction Process

1. When you're ready to pay with Google Wallet DON'T open the app at all
    2. Just unlock your device to the home screen and tap it on the POS system in the store and the app will launch on its own
    3. This should ask you for a PIN now, just enter your PIN and it should authorize the transaction
    4. Confirm the transaction went through by a receipt getting printed
    5. It might ask you to tap the device or enter the PIN one more time just in case so don't worry if it does as long as you have the receipt
    Credits

Credit goes to loserskater for patching the new Google Wallet apk to work for most devices (Original Post)
    Attached to this post is a flashable zip, that includes the NFC Fix, as well as the latest wallet, all rolled into one zip. Please keep in mind, this is only possible due to loserskater's hacked apk, and the NFC fix he posted. I used the latest flashable zip from open1your1eyes0 as a reference. If I missed giving anyone credit, I sincerely apologize. Hope everyone enjoys! I made this because I didn't see a flashable zip for the latest version, and figured including the NFC fix would be helpful. Let me know if anyone has any problems. It worked just fine for me, but this is AT YOUR OWN RISK!

-Todd
    I dont really want to take up someone elses thread but, since you posted this to me here instead of a PM......

1st.... And I must say, if even 1/10th of the members here were as thankful as you, it never would have been removed. It was up for a month, over 3000 downloads, not a single donation and most importantly, only 25 thanks. Ironically if you check the threads now (closed) the thanks doubled. Is it so hard for people to hit the thank you button? Same effort as hotting the download button. Now im not directing that at you. As I said, you were more then thankful. Even came back and posted/helped. But xda should make you click thanks in order to download.

And Its not about money. Or selling an app. If it was, Id simply put it on the playstore and sell it for $5 or $10. Its about people simply being thankful that I took hours of my time (make that days) to develop this and lots of other things, shared it all, and really all I asked for was a thank you.

Dont need to download a complete full aroma installer either. The app itself (less than 1MB) has access to wallet, as well as lots more tweaks, mods, themes and apps. And as far as Kitkat, Ive already (the only one in the US) posted a TW Kitkat 4.4.2 ROM in the t-mobile section. Has working wallet in it. Posting another TW4.3 rom today or tomorrow too with working wallet in it also. An Aroma installer with over 50 cool mods, themes and apps. All for free. And in 3 weeks that its been up, it became the #1 rated thread in the themes and apps section. My thanks went from 250 to 900. And as a result, I keep adding to it! Thats all i asked for.

Just wanted to chime in and say that at the time of this writing I have 42 thanks on my modified wallet thread, the one you use in your mod, and none of them are from you. So you can't complain about not getting thanks when you don't even thank others.

Also, when I was trying to get tap and pay working on the note 3, you were reposting my tests. Not linking to my post but downloading and then attaching to your post with no credit given.

If you're doing this for thanks/donations you're going to have a bad time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747
    Also, if anybody wants to test this for me. Thanks to @dannyben for the idea to look in a GE rom for the files.
    If you have /system/csc/features.xml you might need to add the following:
    Code:
    <!-- NFC -->
    <CscFeature_NFC_SetSecureEventType>GOOGLE</CscFeature_NFC_SetSecureEventType>
    <CscFeature_SmartcardSvc_SetAccessControlType>NONE</CscFeature_SmartcardSvc_SetAccessControlType>
    <CscFeature_NFC_DefaultCardModeConfig>ESE</CscFeature_NFC_DefaultCardModeConfig>
    <CscFeature_NFC_CardModeRoutingTypeForEse>ROUTE_ON_WHEN_SCREEN_ON</CscFeature_NFC_CardModeRoutingTypeForEse>

SGS4_4.3_TW_nfc_fix.zip
    My working wallet fix has been move to this thread HERE

Please do not redistribute my work without my permission.

Thank you.

i have alot of respect for you danny but i going to have to say this if samsung updates s4 to kitkat what are you going to do? its going to be built in natively so there no hacking or modifying it will be available to anyone who wishes to uses it. i understand that you want people to be gracious and donate but to throw a fit shut down a thread make people flash and aroma installer is going a bit to far and if you flash the installer and already have wallet installed it removes it....sorry bro i dont think people are going to listen to you asking them not to redistribute your work when you acting like a 2 year old....if you feel the need for retort i understand.....