[MOD][PERFORMANCE]Watson - Your device's personal, automated butler!

sonickles9

Sep 4, 2014
São Paulo
TO ALL DEVS: Feel free to look at my code, but DO NOT TAKE ANYTHING OF IT WITHOUT MY PERMISSION. Asking doesn't hurt and I don't bite. :)

UPDATE 05/04/2017: Sorry for taking so long guys, but here is Watson 2.1!

Do you own an old device which didn't work out well with the other mods around?
Do you own a recent, powerful device that worked well with those aggressive mods, but their aggressivity scared you ?
Are you looking for something new?

Then, look no further!

Here I present you proudly...

Watson!

It wants to become your device's personal caretaker, keeping it in tip-top shape being you there or not! It's a new face around these places, but it seeks a great goal: Become a smart entity, and succeed where many failed. It's currently in development, and is open to LOTS of improvement. For that, I need your help!

Features of the mod:
>Smarter zRAM
>Dynamic LMK
=>A side note on LMK:
==>There is a chance your kernel/system will misbehave with LMK tweaking on. Especifically on TouchWiz firmware (and i cant figure out why). AOSP ROMs are not affected and you can use this freely, thus LMK TWEAKING IS *NOT* RECOMMENDED ON CUSTOM TOUCHWIZ FIRMWARE/KERNEL COMBINATIONS!
>CPU Tweaks
>User Experience Tweaks
>Renicer Service (NOTE: Renicer is to be removed on Watson 3.0)
>VM Tweaks
>SQLite Optimizations
>Multiple profiles[NEW]
>And MUCH MORE YET TO COME!

Downloads
>2.2 Release
=>Download!

>Older versions
=>Click here!

Changelogs
Changelogs in-app: type 'watson' then choose 'changelog'!

Known bugs
None to the moment. Please report!

Instructions
>Make sure you have Root, init.d Support and a custom Recovery.
>Download the zip on the upper section.
>Boot into recovery and flash the zip you downloaded, then reboot.
>Watson comes with a few modules enabled by default. Sometimes this can cause issues so if you face any problems tell me.

Uninstall!
The latest version now includes an uninstaller!! rip flashable zip

Help Watson!
Reporting bugs and showing me your logfiles are the best way you can help out with Watson. Also, you can tell me what you most use, so that I can better trace an profile of use for upcoming releases of Watson.

Credits!
Stericson for busybox for arm
(sorry, I forgot ;_;) for busybox for arm64 @sohamsen for Aroma installer :^) (Will readd once I get a more or less universal binary)
and all guys and gals who withstood the torrent of fatal bugs and 'watson: not found' errors throughout the course of this mod! o/

Donate!
If you wish to donate, please click on the "Donate to Me" button on the left side, thanks!

Last edited:

sonickles9

Sep 4, 2014
São Paulo
I dont want to get rude or something,but where is the significant difference to the other great mods/tweaks here?Thanx.
Thanks for your feedback. And I believe that the feedback thing is one of the key differences between this mod and the others. To be more precise, of all great mods I saw, most of them were solid enough to not need to change much(bug fixes apart) which would probably end up with incompatibility with some minority of devices that could end up ignored and forsaken. Watson was first brought up barebones intentionally so that people can report and send feedback, suggest and help improve Watson. :)
Additionally, Watson uses pseudo-daemons(if you know quite a bit about desktop Linux you might get what I mean) and live logging to effectively and intelligently set parameters for some modules.

Enviado do meu GT-S5312

Last edited:

veez21

Feb 22, 2016
Guess Where
Thanks for your feedback. And I believe that the feedback thing is one of the key differences between this mod and the others. To be more precise, of all great mods I saw, most of them were solid enough to not need to change much(bug fixes apart) which would probably end up with incompatibility with some minority of devices that could end up ignored and forsaken. Watson was first brought up barebones intentionally so that people can report and send feedback, suggest and help improve Watson. :)
Additionally, Watson uses pseudo-daemons(if you know quite a bit about desktop Linux you might get what I mean) and live logging to effectively and intelligently set parameters for some modules.

Enviado do meu GT-S5312
When is the next update, I wan't to test.... :good:

sonickles9

Sep 4, 2014
São Paulo
What devices/OS is this compatible?
This is meant to work in all devices from Ginerbread to Marshmallow (of course, I cant guarantee it will work on all devices, thats why testers exist) for as long as they have root and busybox. (Custom recovery is not mandatory but highly recommended in case of bootloops)

Enviado do meu GT-S5312B

Reactions: Der Gerät