[MOD][PERFORMANCE]Watson - Your device's personal, automated butler!

Search This thread

veez21

Feb 22, 2016
Guess Where
Stay@home keeps killing my launcher, and i think var1 is missing in watson_keeper

Also

pgrep com.google.android.gms and gsf always returns "1". Possible solution is using pidof :)

Last edited:

sonickles9

Sep 4, 2014
São Paulo
Stay@home keeps killing my launcher, and i think var1 is missing in watson_keeper

Also

pgrep com.google.android.gms and gsf always returns "1". Possible solution is using pidof :)

Fixed! Also pidof is so damn powerful lol, I'll be switching over to it ASAP
also
I saw you have a script to view the niceness of a process, can I use it on renicer?

Revenant Ghost

Jun 24, 2012
I experienced a single bootloop after enabling dynamic zRAM with version 2.1 of this mod. Then my microSD card refused to mount, after fully rebooting.
Everything but the LMK, CPU and Power Saver tweaks were enabled, at the time. I had a nandroid backup, just in case.

sonickles9

Sep 4, 2014
São Paulo
I experienced a single bootloop after enabling dynamic zRAM with version 2.1 of this mod. Then my microSD card refused to mount, after fully rebooting.
Everything but the LMK, CPU and Power Saver tweaks were enabled, at the time. I had a nandroid backup, just in case.
Well, I don't touch sdcard on my mod... Which device is it? Plus, 2.1 is a big fat mess when i booting, I realized not long ago. i suggest you use your ROM's stock sysinit binary. You can find it in /etc/Watson/backup/sysinit_orig

Enviado de meu GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk

sonickles9

Sep 4, 2014
São Paulo
Well, I don't touch sdcard on my mod... Which device is it? Plus, 2.1 is a big fat mess when i booting, I realized not long ago. i suggest you use your ROM's stock sysinit binary. You can find it in /etc/Watson/backup/sysinit_orig

Copy it on /system/bin and rename to sysinit and set permissions as 755, this wont work if youre not on AOSP.

Revenant Ghost

Jun 24, 2012

Copy it on /system/bin and rename to sysinit and set permissions as 755, this wont work if youre not on AOSP.

I have an LG G4 Stylus running a stock-based Lollipop 5.1.1 ROM. So, it may not work? I'll try again later when I have more time.

Last edited:

sonickles9

Sep 4, 2014
São Paulo
I have an LG G4 Stylus running a stock-based Lollipop 5.1.1 ROM. So, it may not work? I'll try again later when I have more time.
Stock based roms are mostly by luck. Most rom developers integrate the init.d command directly (a mere logwrapper run-parts (init.d folder)) in the ramdisk, but a few do integrate sysinit like in AOSP. Though its mostly the former.

Revenant Ghost

Jun 24, 2012
Stock based roms are mostly by luck. Most rom developers integrate the init.d command directly (a mere logwrapper run-parts (init.d folder)) in the ramdisk, but a few do integrate sysinit like in AOSP. Though its mostly the former.

I see. I wasn't able to find the sysinit binary after reinstalling your mod either, unfortunately. Anyway, thanks for the help.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-04-26-00-42-35.png
    Screenshot_2017-04-26-00-42-35.png
    75.9 KB · Views: 396

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TO ALL DEVS: Feel free to look at my code, but DO NOT TAKE ANYTHING OF IT WITHOUT MY PERMISSION. Asking doesn't hurt and I don't bite. :)

UPDATE 05/04/2017: Sorry for taking so long guys, but here is Watson 2.1!

Do you own an old device which didn't work out well with the other mods around?
    Do you own a recent, powerful device that worked well with those aggressive mods, but their aggressivity scared you ?
    Are you looking for something new?

Then, look no further!

Here I present you proudly...

Watson!

It wants to become your device's personal caretaker, keeping it in tip-top shape being you there or not! It's a new face around these places, but it seeks a great goal: Become a smart entity, and succeed where many failed. It's currently in development, and is open to LOTS of improvement. For that, I need your help!

Features of the mod:
    >Smarter zRAM
    >Dynamic LMK
    =>A side note on LMK:
    ==>There is a chance your kernel/system will misbehave with LMK tweaking on. Especifically on TouchWiz firmware (and i cant figure out why). AOSP ROMs are not affected and you can use this freely, thus LMK TWEAKING IS *NOT* RECOMMENDED ON CUSTOM TOUCHWIZ FIRMWARE/KERNEL COMBINATIONS!
    >CPU Tweaks
    >User Experience Tweaks
    >Renicer Service (NOTE: Renicer is to be removed on Watson 3.0)
    >VM Tweaks
    >SQLite Optimizations
    >Multiple profiles[NEW]
    >And MUCH MORE YET TO COME!

Downloads
    >2.2 Release
    =>Download!

>Older versions
    =>Click here!

Changelogs
    Changelogs in-app: type 'watson' then choose 'changelog'!

Known bugs
    None to the moment. Please report!

Instructions
    >Make sure you have Root, init.d Support and a custom Recovery.
    >Download the zip on the upper section.
    >Boot into recovery and flash the zip you downloaded, then reboot.
    >Watson comes with a few modules enabled by default. Sometimes this can cause issues so if you face any problems tell me.

Uninstall!
    The latest version now includes an uninstaller!! rip flashable zip

Help Watson!
    Reporting bugs and showing me your logfiles are the best way you can help out with Watson. Also, you can tell me what you most use, so that I can better trace an profile of use for upcoming releases of Watson.

Credits!
    Stericson for busybox for arm
    (sorry, I forgot ;_;) for busybox for arm64 @sohamsen for Aroma installer :^) (Will readd once I get a more or less universal binary)
    and all guys and gals who withstood the torrent of fatal bugs and 'watson: not found' errors throughout the course of this mod! o/

Donate!
    If you wish to donate, please click on the "Donate to Me" button on the left side, thanks!
    UPDATE: Watson 2.2 is out! Fixed sysinit, now it runs all scripts in order(a must for the mod to work properly), and it has a series of algorithm opimizations for better functioning!
    2.0a is out! It includes no new tweaks, but it adds the possibility of saving usage profiles! It also includes 5 default profiles: Multitasking, balance, game, battery and performance!

Please note profiling is still on a very early state and there are many small things yet to come. :)

When is the next update, I wan't to test.... :good:
    I'm preparing one as we speak for testing community. Around the beginning of next month I will be done with the first stable release. :)

Enviado do meu GT-S5312B
    Hi, i have this problem in terminal
    "Not found"
    Cm13
    900f klte

Your problem is the same as @acestars'. I will fix it today.