[MOD] Phone.apk with automatic call recording
- Automatic call recording for incoming/outgoing calls
- Added template system for flexible naming of records. No boring VoiceRecord001.amr anymore
- Disabled stop recording on some actions related to multi-line calling (i.e Hold, Conference mode, etc)
- Disabled stop recording when Dialer minimized to background
- Switchable increasing ringtone
Modification consist of 2 packages:
- Main package: Phone.apk with automatic call recording
- Extra package: contains phone-related modifications (DialerTabActivity.apk at this moment)
There are two ways to control the modification:
- Using embedded "Settings" menu (included in Extra package)
- Using standalone Automatic Call Recording Control app from Dark3n
Again, if you are using themed FW and don't want to break your general style by using unthemed apps (e.g DialerTabActivity.apk), so just use a Main package together with an Automatic Call Recording Control app.
All records are save in /sdcard/Sounds/CallRecords/. You can use stock "Voice Recorder" app to playback.
System requirements: Tested on SGS GT-i9000 (XWJS3). Most likely should work on any 2.2.1 FW.
Probably will not work on 2.2 FW's.
[*] Flash using CWM or Recovery 2e.
During update process, script will backup your original files to /sdcard/tmp/
To roll it back, flash update_restore_[main_extra_pkgs] file
Thanks to: designgears, wes58 for files from Asian ROM which enable call recording.History:
- Now project consist of Main and Extra packages
- Main (Phone.apk): Completely changed settings storing mechanism: all settings are saved in /sdcard/rec_settings.xml in XML format
(no more .rec_template, .norec_in, .norec_out files)
- Main (Phone.apk): Added "Disable increasing ringtone" option
- Main (Phone.apk): Fixed bug with special characters in filename
- Extra (DialerTabActivity.apk): Embedded "Settings" menu
- Installer: "copy" routines moved from update.sh to native updater-script
(should improve compatibility in some cases. Now *.sh using only for backup/restore procedure)
- Updated restoring script
- Issue with filepath creation was finally solved.
Version n/a: initial release
- Forced sdcard/Sounds/CallRecords/ creation (if you've got "Fail Recording" it should fix it)
- Some works on BT-recording. Need more reports.