• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[MOD] Phone calls on CM10.1 / AOKP 4.2.2

Did this help you?

• Yes, it worked perfectly.

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • No, i need some help.

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

John Kester

Dec 26, 2012
Port Harcourt
Ummm..... i know this sounds stupid, but did u try it on any other rom??
also could u tell me what's the exact problem??

I have been using it on Pershoot's CM 10.1 JB 422 where it was working flawlessly. I also tried it on CM10 JB 412 where it gave me bootloops. It was working well until the nightly of the date mentioned in my post. I immediately noticed it was no longer working when I made a call I could not terminate and when I called my device to test if it can receive calls, there was no notification whatever that a call was coming in even though it was ringing at the other end.

That is the situation. I plan to test it on Carbon Mackay which I am running at the moment. The problem with making calls there is that even though I can make, terminate and receive calls, once the screen goes blank the conversation is terminated sort of, because the speaker goes mute but the call is still running.

Hope the above helps.

Cheers.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using xda app-developers app

taha_elfeituri

Aug 27, 2012
Benghazi, LY
I have been using it on Pershoot's CM 10.1 JB 422 where it was working flawlessly. I also tried it on CM10 JB 412 where it gave me bootloops. It was working well until the nightly of the date mentioned in my post. I immediately noticed it was no longer working when I made a call I could not terminate and when I called my device to test if it can receive calls, there was no notification whatever that a call was coming in even though it was ringing at the other end.

That is the situation. I plan to test it on Carbon Mackay which I am running at the moment. The problem with making calls there is that even though I can make, terminate and receive calls, once the screen goes blank the conversation is terminated sort of, because the speaker goes mute but the call is still running.

Hope the above helps.

Cheers.

Okay. so basically the problem is that u can make a call, cant terminate it
u can receive a call but nothing whatsoever appears on the tab, so in short term : its like as if u didnt put the zip at all.

could u try this? :
extract the files
paste them to their places
change the permissions to rw-r-r
wipe dalvik
reboot and check it out.

i REALLY hope that works ^_^

John Kester

Dec 26, 2012
Port Harcourt
Okay. so basically the problem is that u can make a call, cant terminate it
u can receive a call but nothing whatsoever appears on the tab, so in short term : its like as if u didnt put the zip at all.

could u try this? :
extract the files
paste them to their places
change the permissions to rw-r-r
wipe dalvik
reboot and check it out.

i REALLY hope that works ^_^

I can't receive a call because there is no notification to alert me if I have a call.

Cheers.

HafTah

Dec 22, 2012
Yes, thats what i meant, i'm just really bad at describing stuff :p .
so did u try extracting the files and pasting them to their place in /system ?
cuz that may work.

Cheers :)

done as said but unfortunately still cant terminate call or receive incoming call notification..

tested on cm10.1 07/14 nightlies

tq

taha_elfeituri

Aug 27, 2012
Benghazi, LY
I think the reason it's not working is the kernel...... but i'm not so sure.

On an unrelated notice..... would you like me to port the Note 10.1 ICS to Tab?? it's old but you'll get some benefits.

vchan

Jun 11, 2010
Hong Kong
Bluetooth and screen-off mute problems??

The phone MOD posted last year has 2 problems, namely no sound when connected to a bluetooth headset and the call will become silent when the screen is off. I wonder if this MOD has already fixed those problems. Thanks in advance and good job, folks!

taha_elfeituri

Aug 27, 2012
Benghazi, LY
The phone MOD posted last year has 2 problems, namely no sound when connected to a bluetooth headset and the call will become silent when the screen is off. I wonder if this MOD has already fixed those problems. Thanks in advance and good job, folks!

Umm..... i dont really have any idea about how to fix the bluetooth issue....
and for the Screen off sound issue.... You can install an app called Screen On ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=gr.androiddev.ScreenOn&hl=en ) where you can choose to make the screen on while calling, so i think that could be possibly solved.

But im gonna try to port the bluetooth thing.... although theres a big possibility its not gonna work, as im not that good a developer.

Cheers :)
Taha

Jul 1, 2009
Udine
Same problem here:
1)when doing calls i can't hang up
2)no allerts about receving calls. Of course from the other side it's ringing

My system is
Galaxy TAB 10.1 3g+wifi
ROM CyanogenMod 10.1 20130824 Nightly
Modem I9103dxlp2

Well...it's not perfect but compliments to who did this because at least it's a start

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2009
Udine
[SOLVED]

Same problem here:
1)when doing calls i can't hang up
2)no allerts about receving calls. Of course from the other side it's ringing

My system is
Galaxy TAB 10.1 3g+wifi
ROM CyanogenMod 10.1 20130824 Nightly
Modem I9103dxlp2

Well...it's not perfect but compliments to who did this because at least it's a start

[SOLVED]
- install the correct bootloader and CWM for android 4.2.2 if not yet done
- (reccomendend) clean your phone (whipe cache / factory reset / format SD)
- via ODIN install correct modem for yur device suggested here
A) via CWM install latest CM 10.1 Nightly link here
B) via CWM install GAPPS (update 1/29/2013) suggested with the latest CM 10.1 link here
- REBOOT make the initial setup and check that you have:
A) the "phone" app even if It should not working
B) the correct APN settings
- REBOOT
- via CWM install the modem suggested here
- REBOOT
- check that the phone app is working
- check that APN settings is still ok
- Enjoy your phone :laugh: :good:

BE CAREFULL
The modem posted here is not suggested by the CM team. Actually i tried many kind of modem/installation combinations and they all have had problem. Anyway the one posted above seems to work even if the same modem installed in a different way bring to no APN settings and consecuently no 3G connection.

nabicat

Mar 6, 2008
CWM_I9103DXLP2_Modem.zip installed but no ringer and no hangup

Still unable to hang up. Installed modem CWM_I9103DXLP2_Modem.zip per suggestion, which allowed me to make calls. Now I am unable to hang up or hear ringer.
System is a pershoot based CM10.1 install with this modem as the exception.

[SOLVED]
- install the correct bootloader and CWM for android 4.2.2 if not yet done
- (reccomendend) clean your phone (whipe cache / factory reset / format SD)
- via ODIN install correct modem for yur device suggested here
A) via CWM install latest CM 10.1 Nightly link here
B) via CWM install GAPPS (update 1/29/2013) suggested with the latest CM 10.1 link here
- REBOOT make the initial setup and check that you have:
A) the "phone" app even if It should not working
B) the correct APN settings
- REBOOT
- via CWM install the modem suggested here
- REBOOT
- check that the phone app is working
- check that APN settings is still ok
- Enjoy your phone :laugh: :good:

BE CAREFULL
The modem posted here is not suggested by the CM team. Actually i tried many kind of modem/installation combinations and they all have had problem. Anyway the one posted above seems to work even if the same modem installed in a different way bring to no APN settings and consecuently no 3G connection.

haythams

May 13, 2006
Already installed 10.1-20131020-nightly p4 for a GT P-7500 3G unfortunately the phone application is not working at all ! I can't send or receive even though the 3 G data connection and messages workin fine, once try to call it gives a peep sound then closed , when I tried to call the tab it seems that the number it's not even existed as nothing at all, any help, I read a khomis APk for phone application can solve this issue or shall I go through the written process,

---------- Post added at 04:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 PM ----------

Umm... i just installed the phone.apk from Khomsn's thread as a normal apk and that seemed to fix my problem.
Otherwise. Just push the phone.apk in /system/app/ and fix permissions (i dont think fixing permissions is neccesary but i just do it incase)

Where to find this Khomsn's phone APk file?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys, this is my first post on the forum.
    Many people got phone calls on stock ICS, then changed to 4.2.2 and lost it :(
    But while seeking the forum, I GOT IT AT LAST!!
    Although, it has a bug, which is when u receive a call and slide the call button, as soon as u press it it says "unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped working", but it might work perfectly on other ROMS
    I tested it on Infamous ROM http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2220912

Here it is :
    Format System (No data wipe required if ur reflashing same rom)
    Install ROM, Gapps, and the file attached
    Fix permissions (just incase)
    Dont reboot untill u do all of that, as in dont reboot in the middle of the procedure.
    There u have it ;)
    Please tell me if it worked

EDIT : works perfect on infamous 1.7.2, just extract the zip file, paste all the files in their place, and keep the phone.apk untouched (keep the original phone.apk Cruz it works)

P.S : i really appreciate Khomsn for making the CM10.1 build with phone calls, but that build is REALLY laggy.
    Thank you everyone.
    P.P.S : u have to flash i9103DXLP2 modem (has to be that number specifically) really important to do, link : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=40754968&postcount=15 (thanks John Kester :) )
    I'm on 4.2.1 CyanogenMod version 10.1 20121229-UNOFFICIAL-p4 by D2dyno and i'm trying flash (MOD) Phone calls on CM10.1/AOKP 4.2.2
    and Fully working.After flash I'm trying calling and then trying stoping by touch end call working good then trying receive calling notification sounded and working good.thank you

YAY!! im glad it worked. but question : Can u answer an incoming call with problem?
    did everything above BUT the modem fwre,
    where to get it?

Here it is.
    The zip is currently no longer functioning with the night lies of 9/07 and beyond. Kindly update please.

Cheers.

Im going to try.. But i no longer have the Tab cuz i replaced it with a Note 10.1
    So im gonna try to fix but im not gonna get to test it. Sorry :(
    If you could that would be awesome. :)
    What benefits can we get?

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk HD

umm... i'll try my best to port it
    i'm pretty sure youll be able to multi window