[MOD: Please close! Thank you!] G-Alarm (Alarm clock with lots of features)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chiekh

Apr 19, 2005
Thanks for sharing. I will try your app. and i suggest if you can add a confirmation for stopping the alarm like cradlealarm and no need for the labyrinth for the snooze option so i think your app. will be perfect. Thanks again.

Last edited:

schwalbach

May 2, 2007
Hey,

Love this program, it looks awesome..

Just a suggestion, can we edit patterns for alarms as like every other friday?

I have the same classes on mon/wed, and on tues/thurs, and then I have my mon/wed classes my first friday, then next friday I have the tues/thurs classes, etc.

Any way to do this?

ageye

Feb 19, 2007
Ulm
www.ageye.de
The app crashs when i try to define the playList.
Can you paste the error details?

and i suggest if you can add a confirmation for stopping the alarm like cradlealarm and no need for the labyrinth for the snooze option so i think your app.
there is already a question if you really want to stop the alarm. I still like the idea of the labyrinth, but you can turn it off in the settings...

Just a suggestion, can we edit patterns for alarms as like every other friday?
Good point - I'll add it as soon as possible

QVGA:
It just came to my mind that G-Alarm might not work on QVGA devices because of wrong scaling of the labyrinth! Dear QVGA user, please report me, if the labyrinth work or not so I can work on it!

Thanks

chiekh

Apr 19, 2005
The app crashs when i try to define the playList.
GAlarm.exe
IOException
at
System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32errorCode,String str)
at
System.IO.Directory.InternalGetFileDirectoryNames(String fullPath, Boolean file)
at
and others error.

ageye

Feb 19, 2007
Ulm
www.ageye.de
GAlarm.exe
IOException
at
System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32errorCode,String str)
at
System.IO.Directory.InternalGetFileDirectoryNames(String fullPath, Boolean file)
at
and others error.
Thanks... I'll look at that and post a bugfix as soon as possible

Laurentius26

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 22, 2005
Hi,

The alarmclock looks very cool, thanks for sharing. :)
I also have and error when I want to set a mp3 alarm from storage card.

Here's the error:

Grtz,

Leo :)

ageye

Feb 19, 2007
Ulm
www.ageye.de
Hi,

The alarmclock looks very cool, thanks for sharing. :)
I also have and error when I want to set a mp3 alarm from storage card.

Here's the error:

Grtz,

Leo :)
I can't read the error ;-) can you enlarge it or send it to the mail adress which is on my page: www.ageye.de.
Is it during the alarm or when you try to add some mp3s to the playlist?
does it work with mp3s which are not on your storage card?
thanks for submitting the bugs!

m00moo

Jul 19, 2008
Error also.

System.Int32.Parse(String s, NumberStyles style, IFormatPropvider provider )
System.Convert.To.Int32 (String Value)
Galarm.Reload.ReloadAlarms()

Cant read others as its in chinese on my HTC (not your fault lol just i set chinese on my phone)

Would be cool and my best option if this works!
love the way it looks and usability! simple and effective although i wouldnt use the labyrinth lol

good work!

EDIT: btw im using a diamond also :)

custardo01

Jul 17, 2007
London
Error

Hi

HTC Touch Cruise - "Unexpected error....... An error message cannot be displayed because an optional resource assembly containing it can be found."

I've tried them all and they have all let me down. Most of them cause a problem with muting sound on the phone. I've recently pulled an old t610 sony ericsson out of the drawer which works perfectly - alarm every 10 mins for an hour 100% reliability.

Hope you succeed. Love the look of that snooze button:)

Error occurs when pressing playlist "add" button. I get details of the error but it is about 20 lines long.

Last edited:

drmidnight

May 26, 2008
Great work man!:D

I have been looking around for something like this. I have trouble staying awake after my alarm goes off in the morning. The maze idea is brilliant.

My main phone is qvga though and this works its just impossible to complete the maze because of the resolution. It should be as simple as downsizing the maze.

Keep up the good work!

S.V.I

Jan 31, 2008
www.myspace.com
QVGA does not work.. :( it is unfortunate.
I love the fact that it plays WMA files, as the most obnoxiously loud file on my phone is a track i made to be WMA. I originaly designed it as a ringtone, but have not been able to use it for an alarm though. now I can. maybe you should not fix the maze. it makes turning the alarm off impossible. :D

do you plan to have random mazes every morning?
will it have an arangable playlist or do I have to rename files?
will there be an included user guide for all of the features (which you have not included yet)?
will this sound off when the volume is disabled?
will it vibrate?

I guess the most important thing is that this program will not sleep when the phone falls asleep. otherwise I cant wake up for work. and usualy when that happens, i am late almost an hour :(

thank you so much for working on this project. I have been using a very old program called PocketAlarmMp3 which has stopped development over a year ago.
the one thing I love about that progam is it's ability to select repeat intervals for the MP3 you Re trying to play
(duration/ repeat rate 60s-Whole / every 3min-inf)
it is a very complicated setup in the old program, but has a lot of options and has been very reliable.
I hope to switch to yours soon.

wilderer

Apr 28, 2006
nice program! i missed a tool like that. could you please make the clock setting more fingerfriendly. so when tapping on:

--------
|//////| - up - set hour, minute, second upward
|//////|
--------
|//////|
|//////| - down - set hour, minute, second downward
--------

i also get the FormatException error. Also the Maze cannot finish on QVGA.

ageye

Feb 19, 2007
Ulm
www.ageye.de
To keep you up to date:
- my alarm clock woke me up this morning ;-) so it works... great!
- I have to go to work now - I think I'll release next version with QVGA support and at least most of the bugfixes tonight (GMT +1)

Answers to your questions:
- Clock setting more finger friendly: Got it! Will include it!
- Random mazes: of course! or at least mazes with ascending difficulty. if you snooze you get a more difficult one... Propably there will be also other methods - not only mazes...
- playlist is already arangable (see the "up"/"down" buttons - make use that the "Random" checkbox is not checked!)
- User guide follows
- If the system volume is off, G-Alarms sound is off... I'll add an option if it should ring although system volume is off
- Vibration option will follow...
- Klaxon (the other alarm clock): Well, Klaxon is Klaxon and G-Alarm is G-Alarm... G-Alarm works also on other devices than the diamond and will have options to use tilt sensor or not... Klaxon was made exclusive for the Diamond

Thank you for testing it! You help me a lot!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.