[MOD] [PORT] Beats Audio for all Gingerbread Roms

Search This thread

mai77

Nov 16, 2011
"dsp manager" is just a GUI. it still needs some "engine" such as "BEATS AUDIO" to actually do the equalizing

dont try this at home: error on SGY http://dev-host.org/IgR

Last edited:

mai77

Nov 16, 2011
no additional options from BEATS in MUSIC player

note that BEATS adds no options to the stock music player. I wonder whether dsp mgr. controls BEATS and/or the stock equalizer present in KI6+ stock ROM?

Silvane

Feb 21, 2012
I don't have dsp manager so I can't say, but for other apps definitely. They either force closed or simply said "incompatible"

Sent from my GT-S5360 using xda premium

kurotsugi

Feb 12, 2012
yogyakarta
I don't have dsp manager so I can't say, but for other apps definitely. They either force closed or simply said "incompatible"

thats a very usefull information, thanks. I'm not an expert on these kind stuffs, but I thought this mod either replace native file in our ROM and change some setting in our device. theorically, if we put pack original *.so files in our device it will solve our problem here. this trick works when I installed xLoud and got similar problem. but since I forgot to backup my files, I couldn't test it on my device.

Ai<3GG

Jan 13, 2012
"dsp manager" is just a GUI. it still needs some "engine" such as "BEATS AUDIO" to actually do the equalizing

dont try this at home: error on SGY http://dev-host.org/IgR

Beats Audio didn't work for me. Actually, DSP Manager alone provided some changes in the sounds of my phone. I tried both individually, and sorry to say that this Beats Audio didn't produce any noticeable changes in the sounds, unlike the DSP manager, where after some seconds of setting the equalizer, you could immediately hear the changes of the sounds. I am using an unrooted SGY.

kurotsugi

Feb 12, 2012
yogyakarta
Beats Audio didn't work for me. Actually, DSP Manager alone provided some changes in the sounds of my phone. I tried both individually, and sorry to say that this Beats Audio didn't produce any noticeable changes in the sounds, unlike the DSP manager, where after some seconds of setting the equalizer, you could immediately hear the changes of the sounds. I am using an unrooted SGY.

yup...DSP manager give more noticeable changes, especially on the bass boost. there are two version beats audio in this forum. the one from this thread seems better than the other one. I thought you should try this mod with better earphone since the stock one is not good enough.

DSP manager can't give me more clarity, so I use both beats audio and DSP manager (lol).

myfriend901

Nov 30, 2011
Davao
[QUOTE=Ai

You have to root in order to push the system files inside this zip using clockworkmod

Sent from my GT-s5360 with beats audio

kentoi me

Feb 12, 2012
lost city
Waah. Aplying this makes me sick. Wo0h, instalng it thru cwm gves me error or abortd result. Dn pushng it to ryt drectory gves me bo0tlop aftr rebo0ting. Wah. Newbieness m0de.

kurotsugi

Feb 12, 2012
yogyakarta
Waah. Aplying this makes me sick. Wo0h, instalng it thru cwm gves me error or abortd result. Dn pushng it to ryt drectory gves me bo0tlop aftr rebo0ting. Wah. Newbieness m0de.

there are several posibilities but if you are using stock rom (especially dxlb) I believe its because there isn't enough space in your /system partition. i thought remove some useless app from /system/app would solve your problem.

Reactions: kentoi me

kentoi me

Feb 12, 2012
lost city
there are several posibilities but if you are using stock rom (especially dxlb) I believe its because there isn't enough space in your /system partition. i thought remove some useless app from /system/app would solve your problem.

i use costme rom (creeds v2) nd my bsebnd s dxkl2, didnt work

kurotsugi

Feb 12, 2012
yogyakarta
i use costme rom (creeds v2) nd my bsebnd s dxkl2, didnt work

well...this is the first incompatibility report on creeds rom I've seen so far. have you check available space on /system partition? to be installed, we need atleast 1MB free space. if you push the files manually to its respective folder you also have to change its permission to rw-r--r--. have you do that for every files? If you've done it and still get bootloop on your device, it seems that your rom is not compatible with this mod. you may reconsider to use another ROM to use this mod on your device.

sorry, I don't use this ROM. its just a suggestion based on my past experience. :D

Ai<3GG

Jan 13, 2012
yup...DSP manager give more noticeable changes, especially on the bass boost. there are two version beats audio in this forum. the one from this thread seems better than the other one. I thought you should try this mod with better earphone since the stock one is not good enough.

DSP manager can't give me more clarity, so I use both beats audio and DSP manager (lol).

I tried Beats audio with my Philips headphones. Still no change.

You have to root in order to push the system files inside this zip using clockworkmod

Sent from my GT-s5360 with beats audio

I was using an unrooted SGY. I flashed this through stock recovery. If it wouldn't push through, then my SGY would display that the "update failed". But it didn't. Meaning files were pushed through the system.

kurotsugi

Feb 12, 2012
yogyakarta
I'm still trying to make an stable and installable custom rom for myself. when I was using one of them, I've found that even if the installation looks succed, its not really installed anyway. I can't find the files that should be copied on their respective folder. I thought that we have same problem here. I really want this mod on my ROM. so, would you mind to give a check on your device? creed is rooted ROM, so you can use root explorer anytime. If the installation succed, you'll find soundbooster.txt in /system/etc.

Ai<3GG

Jan 13, 2012
I'm still trying to make an stable and installable custom rom for myself. when I was using one of them, I've found that even if the installation looks succed, its not really installed anyway. I can't find the files that should be copied on their respective folder. I thought that we have same problem here. I really want this mod on my ROM. so, would you mind to give a check on your device? creed is rooted ROM, so you can use root explorer anytime. If the installation succed, you'll find soundbooster.txt in /system/etc.

I'm sorry, I can't as of the moment, since I have already uninstalled Beats via Reflashing and full Wipe. Why is it that if we Root the phone via Recovery, it would succeed..? and why is it that uploading the beats to the phone via recovery would not succeed even if it looks successful..? I'll try to use again this Mod, and will get back at you later.

kurotsugi

Feb 12, 2012
yogyakarta
thats OK. I've found a way to put this mod to my ROM. nevertheless, I can't figure why does the files not installed even if it looks succeed. I thought its related on the updater script.

Ai<3GG

Jan 13, 2012
thats OK. I've found a way to put this mod to my ROM. nevertheless, I can't figure why does the files not installed even if it looks succeed. I thought its related on the updater script.

I dunno much about scripts. the last time I encountered one was when i was using my Sony Ericsson Naite (Upgrade.xml)... Maybe there is something in the Update.zip for root that is missing for this beats enhancement..?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i think you saw this thread in other devices forums, but they didnt work (not for me too), but today i find one that works ! its moded for LG optimus one but my droid flashed it without any problem, here is the link:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17062920/flash_Beats CM7LGO1.zip

simply flash it throught recovery and youre done.

im not responsible for any damage to yout phone, use it on own risk, if it helps you press thanks !

im using Creed's rom v2, sorry for my english
    great it works improve sound..:)

another one, have fun, press thanks xDD
    whats beats audio? any description? and does it really2x work?

sorry but original thread haved dissmised (maybe only moved)

here is the post from main portal :

http://www.xda-developers.com/android/beats-audio-now-available-on-any-gingerbread-rom/
    Thanks. It works. Sound is clearer and louder. :D

you could make a complete backup of your current system, data, and all installed app by create a nandroid backup via cwm. first of all, you need a cwm installer *zip. you can download either cwm-madteam or cwm-skin1980. put that zip folder on your sdcard root then turn off your phone. do a 3 combo button to turn on your phone, in this way you'll enter recovery mode. choose install update then choose the cwm zip file. you'll enter cwm menu. choose backup and restore, choose create backup.

btw, titanium backup works in different way with cwm. it only create a backup of your data and your app. you'll need it if you install a custom rom and have to wipe /data. if you only use a stock rom you don't need it at all.