[MOD][PORT] Samsung Gear 360 Manager for all devices [Updated: 21/Jan/21, v1.4.00.4-FW]

Bin4ry

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 14, 2008
Berlin
Reactions: ThaiM

hugofilipe

Dec 25, 2013

hugofilipe

Dec 25, 2013
Too bad but thanks for testing

Best Regards
A bit off topic, My Samsung 360 camera was imported so it has all the menus in French language.
Unfortunatly the camera came with the newest firmware already and I'm unable to find any option to change its language.

Is there a chance that anyone has the firmware update file available (or a way to force the update) so I could try a manual update and maybe the camera language turned english?

Thanks

kaillant

Jun 23, 2016
Nexus 5x

Hi Bin4ry,

Thanks for the great job !
I am able to connect to the Gear 360 but nothing happen then. I tried to log in to the Gear Wi-Fi but I am not able to get the Liveview screen (loading wheel turning and turning).

I am on a Nexus 5x with Android 6.0.1.

Thanks a lot !

billford22

May 13, 2009
Beginning and end of Logcat

Well I finally got the logcat from my Samsung Note 3, but it wouldn't fit in the 512 kb limit, so I uploaded the beginning and end of the logcat hoping that it includes the information you need.

Bin4ry

Nov 14, 2008
Berlin
A bit off topic, My Samsung 360 camera was imported so it has all the menus in French language.
Unfortunatly the camera came with the newest firmware already and I'm unable to find any option to change its language.

Is there a chance that anyone has the firmware update file available (or a way to force the update) so I could try a manual update and maybe the camera language turned english?

Thanks
Sorry no idea.

Hi Bin4ry,

Thanks for the great job !
I am able to connect to the Gear 360 but nothing happen then. I tried to log in to the Gear Wi-Fi but I am not able to get the Liveview screen (loading wheel turning and turning).

I am on a Nexus 5x with Android 6.0.1.

Thanks a lot !
Hmmm, are you really sure that you are connected to the wifi? SSID: "AP_Gear360 .....", if i have this kind of issue i press the menu button to multi-task out of the app, go to settings->wifi and see that the phone has again connected to my home wifi, when i click on the AP_Gear360 wifi i can multitask back into the Gear 360 Manager App and it continues loading the live-view.

Best Regards

Reactions: Jappie Toutenhoofd

Bin4ry

Nov 14, 2008
Berlin
Well I finally got the logcat from my Samsung Note 3, but it wouldn't fit in the 512 kb limit, so I uploaded the beginning and end of the logcat hoping that it includes the information you need.
Thanks.

Can you and all other Samsung users with problems please test this version:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3l36qXIC0HdU2tkNGVXcFRhSEE

This version is only for Samsung Devices with a original Touchwiz Rom, since it still has many Touchwiz dependencys, but i hope it can fix some Samsung related problems.

Best Regards

hugofilipe

Dec 25, 2013
Sorry no idea.

Hmmm, are you really sure that you are connected to the wifi? SSID: "AP_Gear360 .....", if i have this kind of issue i press the menu button to multi-task out of the app, go to settings->wifi and see that the phone has again connected to my home wifi, when i click on the AP_Gear360 wifi i can multitask back into the Gear 360 Manager App and it continues loading the live-view.

Best Regards
Hi,

Thanks for your effort.
On my phone there is a Wi-Fi direct functionality that connects to the gear, however I'm unable to manually connect to it (password?)

Regarding the new app, I don't have the original Ron but tried it anyway, no luck, still no liveview.

Best regards

Bin4ry

Nov 14, 2008
Berlin
Hi,

Thanks for your effort.
On my phone there is a Wi-Fi direct functionality that connects to the gear, however I'm unable to manually connect to it (password?)

Regarding the new app, I don't have the original Ron but tried it anyway, no luck, still no liveview.

Best regards
Yeah, WIFI direct should be used, however the app does register the wifi password to your password manager through android api's, thats why you should be able to connect to the wifi of the gear, because your phone should know the password. IF your phone does not know your password there is something strange going on in your ROM. which rom do you use?

EDIT: I have looked again in your logcat. Your phone seems to connect well to the camera, so the problem is another. However i found a line which was not marked as error but looks interesting:
SavsMetadataRetriever( 542): isPlayableMedia - bigger than maximum supported resolution(current video resolution : width=3840 height=1920, maximum resolution : 1920 X 1088 or 1088 X 1920)

I see the same line on the other log what was posted here, so maybe your display has issues with the resolution. I will keep investigating the logs.

Best Regards

Last edited:

hugofilipe

Dec 25, 2013
Yeah, WIFI direct should be used, however the app does register the wifi password to your password manager through android api's, thats why you should be able to connect to the wifi of the gear, because your phone should know the password. IF your phone does not know your password there is something strange going on in your ROM. which rom do you use?

EDIT: I have looked again in your logcat. Your phone seems to connect well to the camera, so the problem is another. However i found a line which was not marked as error but looks interesting:
SavsMetadataRetriever( 542): isPlayableMedia - bigger than maximum supported resolution(current video resolution : width=3840 height=1920, maximum resolution : 1920 X 1088 or 1088 X 1920)

I see the same line on the other log what was posted here, so maybe your display has issues with the resolution. I will keep investigating the logs.

Best Regards
That resolution is weird, thanks for looking for the problem.
Please let me know if you need me to test something

Thanks

angila

Nov 30, 2009
Thanks.

Can you and all other Samsung users with problems please test this version:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3l36qXIC0HdU2tkNGVXcFRhSEE

This version is only for Samsung Devices with a original Touchwiz Rom, since it still has many Touchwiz dependencys, but i hope it can fix some Samsung related problems.

Best Regards
note 4 original. The tapes to maximum resolution will not let me keep them, gives 30% mistake of the resolution is not mistake me for 95%. For the rest, it is the same look.

Reactions: Bin4ry

billford22

May 13, 2009
I installed the samsung version you posted, and have the same results on my Note 3: live view turns to a black screen and I am unable to transfer any images or videos from the camera. I have attached the beginning and end of the logcat file.

Last edited:

Meisech

Resolution issue

I also suspect a resolution issue. On my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 (SM-T700), which has a resolution of 2560x1600, everything works fine. On my phone, a Medion X5004 which has only a resolution of 1920x1080, I have the same problem like most of the members, black live view. After a while (approx. 2 min) the app returns to its main window, showing the recorded sequences.

tuetensosse

Jun 25, 2016
Works on galaxy A3 2016. The live preview offen jerks. And it isn't possible to save pictures and videos (Progress stopps at 49%). Than the app just closes.
But thank you very much to port that app to other phones!

Android 5.1.1. Not rooted
Original Rom.

Last edited:

Bin4ry

Nov 14, 2008
Berlin
Works on galaxy A3 2016. The live preview offen jerks. And it isn't possible to save pictures and videos (Progress stopps at 49%). Than the app just closes.
But thank you very much to port that app to other phones!

Android 5.1.1. Not rooted
Original Rom.
With the version from first post or with the version a few posts above?

Best Regards