[MOD][PORT] Samsung Gear 360 Manager for all devices [Updated: 21/Jan/21, v1.4.00.4-FW]

Quinny899

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Jan 26, 2011
Salford, Greater Manchester, UK
quinny898.co.uk
I've managed to recover the following firmwares from the Samsung site just in case it goes down:

./2016:
C200GLU0APE4_160519_1848_REV00_user.bin
C200GLU0AQK1_171121_1257_REV00_user.bin
./2017:
R210GLU0ARB2_180201_1739_REV00_user.bin

With this and the archive of the NX300 XML, I should be able to get a mirror going and update the modified app to point to the mirror instead. This would in theory allow anyone to update to C200GLU0AQK1 on the 2016 model and R210GLU0ARB2 on the 2017 model. There is (according to this blog) a R210GLU0AQK1 firmware for the 2017 model too, but I have been unable to find the full filename so am unable to download it from the Samsung site. If you have that firmware on your camera, please check /sdcard/Android/data/com.samsung.android.gear360manager/cache to see if the update file is there, and either upload it and send it to me or send the full filename and I'll be able to grab it from the site. Otherwise, the slightly older ARB2 build will have to do for the 2017 model.

Attachments

bankwing

Oct 26, 2009
BKK
I've managed to recover the following firmwares from the Samsung site just in case it goes down:

./2016:
C200GLU0APE4_160519_1848_REV00_user.bin
C200GLU0AQK1_171121_1257_REV00_user.bin
./2017:
R210GLU0ARB2_180201_1739_REV00_user.bin

With this and the archive of the NX300 XML, I should be able to get a mirror going and update the modified app to point to the mirror instead. This would in theory allow anyone to update to C200GLU0AQK1 on the 2016 model and R210GLU0ARB2 on the 2017 model. There is (according to this blog) a R210GLU0AQK1 firmware for the 2017 model too, but I have been unable to find the full filename so am unable to download it from the Samsung site. If you have that firmware on your camera, please check /sdcard/Android/data/com.samsung.android.gear360manager/cache to see if the update file is there, and either upload it and send it to me or send the full filename and I'll be able to grab it from the site. Otherwise, the slightly older ARB2 build will have to do for the 2017 model.
Try to update firmware file from your link, work like a charm .
Thanks again
13411048750516.jpg

bankwing

Oct 26, 2009
BKK
...how did you do that? Nobody has actually managed that before and documented it, did you just have to dump the bin on your camera's SD?
First I try setup my laptop as a mirror server and update modified app to point to the mirror instead this solution is only work for checking firmware step when I push DOWNLOAD then app disconnected from Gear360. I did not have time to investigate yet.
13414575511131.jpg

Finally I found another solution.
1. Copy firmware file "R210GLU0ARB2_180201_1739_REV00_user.bin" to the SD card root
2. Copy "updater.sh" file with content below in the SD card root

#!/bin/sh
mount -o bind /sdcard/ /opt/usr/media
/usr/sbin/fw_upgrade_start R210GLU0ARB2_180201_1739_REV00_user.bin
13416145293259.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Quinny899

Quinny899

Jan 26, 2011
quinny898.co.uk
First I try setup my laptop as a mirror server and update modified app to point to the mirror instead this solution is only work for checking firmware step when I push DOWNLOAD then app disconnected from Gear360. I did not have time to investigate yet.

Finally I found another solution.
1. Copy firmware file "R210GLU0ARB2_180201_1739_REV00_user.bin" to the SD card root
2. Copy "updater.sh" file with content below in the SD card root

#!/bin/sh
mount -o bind /sdcard/ /opt/usr/media
/usr/sbin/fw_upgrade_start R210GLU0ARB2_180201_1739_REV00_user.bin
Thanks! I'll put that on the GitHub I've set up to mirror the server for the app.

Quinny899

Jan 26, 2011
quinny898.co.uk
New version: 1.4.00.4-FW

This is almost the same as the original 1.4.00.4 version, with a few changes:

- The firmware update URLs have been changed to those of the mirrored setup on GitHub here. They will point the app to download updates from XDA using the attachments to this post. You need to set the firmware you want to use (or latest) in the settings (after connecting your camera) before the app will be able to download an update.

- Minor crash fixes including the one reported by @Adam3Sixty (apologies this took so long!), though it might simply move the bug elsewhere as it's a hard one to resolve

As well as dumping the firmware and mirroring the setup of the XML files pointing to the downloads, I've mirrored the open source code on the same forum post linked above, and added instructions for installing the updates manually to the GitHub.

Reactions: Adam3Sixty

Adam3Sixty

Apr 23, 2011
Exeter
linktr.ee
New version: 1.4.00.4-FW
Downloaded. Will test tomorrow.
Installed and tested.....

Positives:
Updated camera perfectly fine, everything went great.
Now able to click GALLERY on the front page, connect to camera (in the standard way) and view all images and videos perfectly.
Tested live view and the camera worked find while seeing the preview on my phone screen.

Negatives:
App doesn't show anything anything on the PHONE section of the GALLERY, even if an images is newly saved from camera to phone. I do not know if this is a bug in the original app, the mod workings, or just because its a OnePlus and not a Samsung, lol. Again tho, this is not a big deal, I can't do anything with the photos anymore anyway, so would only be showing them to people on my phone, when I have taken them, or uploading them as panoramas NOT 360 images.

Thank u for the work on this, time frames never matter, more often than not a rushed job is a botched job ;)

Quinny899

Jan 26, 2011
quinny898.co.uk
Installed and tested.....

Positives:
Updated camera perfectly fine, everything went great.
Now able to click GALLERY on the front page, connect to camera (in the standard way) and view all images and videos perfectly.
Tested live view and the camera worked find while seeing the preview on my phone screen.

Negatives:
App doesn't show anything anything on the PHONE section of the GALLERY, even if an images is newly saved from camera to phone. I do not know if this is a bug in the original app, the mod workings, or just because its a OnePlus and not a Samsung, lol. Again tho, this is not a big deal, I can't do anything with the photos anymore anyway, so would only be showing them to people on my phone, when I have taken them, or uploading them as panoramas NOT 360 images.

Thank u for the work on this, time frames never matter, more often than not a rushed job is a botched job ;)
That's always been the case on more recent versions, it's something database related that I never figured out. If you download photos you can view them in Google Photos as an alternative.

Reactions: Adam3Sixty

Adam3Sixty

Apr 23, 2011
Exeter
linktr.ee
That's always been the case on more recent versions, it's something database related that I never figured out. If you download photos you can view them in Google Photos as an alternative.
Never realised Google Photos showed 360 images properly, that's awesome!! I guess the camera WILL be coming on holiday with me next time (if I ever get to go on holiday again!! lol)

ASghostKI

Jun 6, 2014
Casablanca
Hello,

I having troubles getting this to work, I'll be grateful if anyone here is willing to help.
I just got a Gear 360 (2017), and I have a Pocophone F1.
I installed this port, it's able to connect to the camera but when I try to access the camera (Take 360 pics...) or the gallery It opens up the WIFI setting, I connect to camera WIFI (I got the password using the "connect to IOS" method), I 'm able to connect the WIFI and I stay connected to it (the system asks me if I want to switch to another WIFI since there is no internet access, and I choose to keep using the camera WIFI) with it still connected, I hit back, I get back to the app, It shows a loading screen, and it sends me again to the WIFI settings and on and on.

I also tied with the WIFI Direct method but I won't even connect to the Camera.

Here is a demo: https://drive.google.com/file/d/18sqij_MR4wEG86lCetPpvyLLreMlS6IX/view?usp=sharing

Quinny899

Jan 26, 2011
quinny898.co.uk
Hello,

I having troubles getting this to work, I'll be grateful if anyone here is willing to help.
I just got a Gear 360 (2017), and I have a Pocophone F1.
I installed this port, it's able to connect to the camera but when I try to access the camera (Take 360 pics...) or the gallery It opens up the WIFI setting, I connect to camera WIFI (I got the password using the "connect to IOS" method), I 'm able to connect the WIFI and I stay connected to it (the system asks me if I want to switch to another WIFI since there is no internet access, and I choose to keep using the camera WIFI) with it still connected, I hit back, I get back to the app, It shows a loading screen, and it sends me again to the WIFI settings and on and on.

I also tied with the WIFI Direct method but I won't even connect to the Camera.

Here is a demo: https://drive.google.com/file/d/18sqij_MR4wEG86lCetPpvyLLreMlS6IX/view?usp=sharing
Not sure what to suggest with that tbh. It's clearly connected but something deep in the app isn't seeing the camera.

nakarmkir69

Nov 4, 2009
Hello to all .
I just got my hands on a 2017 model .
But is not working on galery and live view .
I can use the phone as remote shutter so the app is connected to the camera .
I have seen that is required a decent phone as specs , mine is a Lenovo z6pro
And has a snapdragon 855 with 6gb ram
So if someone managed to get it working with this phone model , please help.
My phone is rooted

Thanks in advance

Attachments

XZoli

Feb 26, 2011
Budapest
Crashing the gear 360 new app under Android 11, if you want to enter the gallery you can get some solution for samsung, it will no longer improve :(. So trash the camera

123Alex321

Feb 7, 2021
Hi, help please "make friends" bluetooth "gear 360 (2016)" and "motorola g8 power" (android 10): the phone finds and mates with the camera, and the camera does not connect to the bluetooth of the phone and is not activated in the application "Samsung Gear 360 Manager for all devices [Updated: 21 / Jan / 21, v1.4.00.4-FW] "but this pair (camera and app) works fine on Huawei

kalash86

Feb 9, 2021
Hi there!. How are they?. First of all thank you for great contributions. I was able to use the application from a huawei cell phone but since I bought the xiaomi note 9 pro I could not make it work. My problem is that when I want to pair by bluethoot the application does not find my cell phone. From my cell phone when I look for the bluethoot I see the camera and I pair it, I try again from the app but it does not see the cell phone. Install samsung accesory and the last two versions of the app. The "no live view" mod version gives me an error on the phone and I can't open it. MIUI Global Version 12.0.2.0 (QJZMIXM) Android version 10 If someone can help me I would be very grateful.

Azony80

Apr 1, 2016
I downloaded ur version and if I click on camera or gallery then app load for long time and open wifi when I enter password and connected successfully then nothing happened when I back to app
I tried to download it officially . App not completely with note 20 ultra
I downloaded it with old samsung officially and send it to note20ultra the camera work successfully but gallery crash
Please help I.just buy the phone and camera
If anybody help I will be thankful
My cam gear360 2017
Thanks

Azony80

Apr 1, 2016
I downloaded ur version and if I click on camera or gallery then app load for long time and open wifi when I enter password and connected successfully then nothing happened when I back to app
I downloaded it with old samsung officially and send it to note20ultra the camera work successfully but gallery crash
Thanks
The camera gear 360 2017

Xv1d

Feb 11, 2021
If anybody help I will be thankful
My cam gear360 2017
Thanks
I'm having the same issue as this gentleman.

Entering the Gallery is impossible. It simply redirects to the WIFI connection screen and never leaves. Returning to the App Gallery screen you will only see the Gallery loading, and after a short wait you are looped back to the WIFI screen again.

Using WIFI Direct i am moved to the "Advanced" tab of my Wifi settings with a message displaying extremely briefly something about connecting manually to the WIFI. Sometimes the app will cose down my Wifi too.

Samsung Galaxy Note20 Ultra is my phone brand.

Logcat whilst i was clicking around in the app hoping to make it work with Wifi direct:

Logcat whilst I was clicking around in the app hoping to make it work with regular WIFI:

If this doesnt work I guess I need another software for stitching together the 2 images to make a 360 image. Anyone know of any alternatives?

Reactions: Azony80