[MOD][PORT] Samsung Gear 360 Manager for all devices [Updated: 21/Jan/21, v1.4.00.4-FW]

Quinny899

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Jan 26, 2011
Salford, Greater Manchester, UK
quinny898.co.uk
? I can't find an app on my phone. The Gear app tries to reload something without success.
You shouldn't get app not installed unless the app is either not compatible (which I've never seen for accessory manager, it's compatible with non-Samsung devices) or if it's already installed but doesn't like the APK you're trying to install of it. Try installing one or all of the APKs over ADB, it'll give the true reason why they're failing to install.

nightSnake

Feb 13, 2021
Hi,i have a Gear360 2017 and my device is oneplus5 in android 10.
after connect camera with wifi,it still loading,disable mobile data and vpn could not changed.
Could you give me another advices?

Thanks

Beng Malea

Feb 18, 2021
You shouldn't get app not installed unless the app is either not compatible (which I've never seen for accessory manager, it's compatible with non-Samsung devices) or if it's already installed but doesn't like the APK you're trying to install of it. Try installing one or all of the APKs over ADB, it'll give the true reason why they're failing to install.
Hello,
If I try then I get

Failed to install 1.apk: Failure [-3003: INSTALL_FAILED_MISSING_CERTIFICATION]

What can I do now?

J0hnW

Feb 22, 2021
Apologies that some of this is off-topic. I've just bought a Gear 360 2017 and this is the most 'alive' forum I can find. It's also where I can find new firmware versions and instructions to burn them. My questions are:

1. Is there a good general forum for asking questions about the Gear 360 camera?
2. My camera tells me firmware version is R210GLU0AQC6, which I can't see any reference to online . Can I assume it's older than R210GLU0ARB2, which is discussed here?
3. Is it possible that newer firmware will fix any of the following?:
  • In some videos after a while the picture suddenly becomes all just a single colour and continues like that to the end of the video segment (though the colour keeps changing). The sound is fine all through. The problem is there in the original unstitched video.
  • Some videos fail to transfer from camera to phone half way through the 'save' process, leaving a corrupted file on the phone. Stitching using ActionDirector on the PC kind of works, but seems to 'twist' the picture.
  • There's often a grey crescent visible after stitching where my hand is holding the selfie stick. It's like the stitching doesn't remove the base of the camera properly. It happens most when there's a difference of light intensity because the sun on one side (that's where the crescent shows). This happens both for phone stitching and ActionDirector stitching. I plan to paint the base of the camera matt black to see if that helps!
Any help much appreciated - thanks. And thanks for all the work on these resources for a now quite old camera!

Quinny899

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Jan 26, 2011
Salford, Greater Manchester, UK
quinny898.co.uk
Apologies that some of this is off-topic. I've just bought a Gear 360 2017 and this is the most 'alive' forum I can find. It's also where I can find new firmware versions and instructions to burn them. My questions are:

1. Is there a good general forum for asking questions about the Gear 360 camera?
2. My camera tells me firmware version is R210GLU0AQC6, which I can't see any reference to online . Can I assume it's older than R210GLU0ARB2, which is discussed here?
3. Is it possible that newer firmware will fix any of the following?:
  • In some videos after a while the picture suddenly becomes all just a single colour and continues like that to the end of the video segment (though the colour keeps changing). The sound is fine all through. The problem is there in the original unstitched video.
  • Some videos fail to transfer from camera to phone half way through the 'save' process, leaving a corrupted file on the phone. Stitching using ActionDirector on the PC kind of works, but seems to 'twist' the picture.
  • There's often a grey crescent visible after stitching where my hand is holding the selfie stick. It's like the stitching doesn't remove the base of the camera properly. It happens most when there's a difference of light intensity because the sun on one side (that's where the crescent shows). This happens both for phone stitching and ActionDirector stitching. I plan to paint the base of the camera matt black to see if that helps!
Any help much appreciated - thanks. And thanks for all the work on these resources for a now quite old camera!
R210GLU0AQC6 seems to be the latest in February 2018, it's mentioned in a French blog post here: https://infos2technos.blogspot.com/...la-samsung-gear-360-2017-street-view.html?m=0, whereas the blog post that gave me a lot of firmware info here: https://web.archive.org/web/2020112...ownload-the-firmware-without-a-mobile-device/ from April of 2018 shows that R210GLU0ARB2 is the latest, so I'd guess that ARB2 is indeed newer.

For your 'twisted' picture, you probably have the angle compensation disabled in the settings of ActionDirector, turn it on.

The visible seam at the bottom is normal in a lot of 360 photos. It's why you see professionally done shots on Google Street View have a logo at the bottom (and sometimes the top too), as it hides the tripod.

Reactions: J0hnW