[MOD][PORT] Samsung Gear 360 Manager (Universal mod for any devices with Android 5.0)

Search This thread

ROSTOVisualFX

Aug 20, 2016
Samsung Gear 360 Manager (Mod without LiveView for any phones and tablets with Android 5.0 or higher)
We present a new modification of the application Gear 360 Manager is compatible with most phone models from all manufacturers!

Gear-360-Beta05-EN-FHD-for-XDA08.png

Now as a remote for Gear 360, you can use any phone with Android 5.0 or higher!
This level of compatibility we were able to achieve due to the fact that our programmer was removed by the LiveView module (preview in real time)..
Therefore, even on slower and older phones like Samsung GALAXY S4 and Note 3 this app works and allows you to change Exposure settings, white Balance, HDR as well as set limits ISO. And most importantly, to remotely control shutter release on spherical camera Gear 360 to making photos the precisely the right moment, not when the timer expires.
This modification is based on modification of established respected Bin4ry.

Mods:
1.) Removed LiveView to support all devices (by Dionis10)
2.) Replaced by UI icons on a large and high quality (Designed by Admin ALLGe.RU)
3.) Removed device lock (by Bin4ry)

Requested and paid for the creation of this modification: ROSTOVisualFX

Samsung-Gear-360-mod-without-LiveView-by-ROSTOVisualFX.png

Installation requirements:
1. Any devices from any manufacturer with the OS Android 5.0 or higher.
2. You need to install Samsung Accessory Service (You will be prompted to install this component automatically after you install Gear 360 Manager).

We recommend you to install our mod, in case if on Your device is not running LiveView in the mod from Bin4ry or You don't need LiveView or You want to save battery charge camera and phone without LiveView.

Download the latest version You can always get on the official website of the developers of this modification here:
Modified application Gear 360 Manager for any devices with Android 5.0 or higher

Detailed instructions for the installation and use of this Mod is the link above.

Before asking questions in this thread, that You have something does not work as I would like — please view this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYcic0uNUBw

If the problem persists, please in the comments leave the following information:
1. The Android version on Your device and the device model.
2. Firmware version Gear 360.
3. Gear 360 camera connects via Bluetooth to Your device without the app?
4. If in Your opinion, a solution to Your problem will require changes to the application, please provide the adb logcat with the entry point in which is shown a error.

Best Regards, ROSTOVisualFX

Last edited:

Radix4

Jan 23, 2016
Stitching and saving problem... only stitched up to 29% and save up to 50% and it stop, nothing done. Also when pressed on the recording, it recorded but can't stop it. The stop button won't responded. There are other problem... when changing lens to different mode, it can't changed back. I have to X out the app and re-open it again in order to change.

ROSTOVisualFX

Aug 20, 2016
Stitching and saving problem... only stitched up to 29% and save up to 50% and it stop, nothing done. Also when pressed on the recording, it recorded but can't stop it. The stop button won't responded. There are other problem... when changing lens to different mode, it can't changed back. I have to X out the app and re-open it again in order to change.

I'm surprised You before you install read all description of this modification. Everything works as it should.

Julien Cotel

Nov 28, 2016
Not working on Sony Z3

I'm still stuck my Sony Z3 and Android 6.0.1
Modified app won't let me see content of the camera memory and can't access to direct view !
do you think there is any other apps that work with ?
Thank you very much.

Julien Cotel

Nov 28, 2016
Another app

I found another app that work with my 360 video, it's SYVR360 I don't know if it works with all phone but for Z3 it's good !!

Midhat.b

Dec 27, 2015
Hi,
I use the Galaxy S5 with Android 6.0.1. and the latest firmware on Gear 360.
I tried the app By Bin4ry, but due to problems with the live view I could not use. I installed the app By ROSTOVisualFX and may be used, make a photo, but not a stich panorama (only up to 60-70%).
Is there a solution for this problem?

Regards,
Midhat

ROSTOVisualFX

Aug 20, 2016
Hi,
I use the Galaxy S5 with Android 6.0.1. and the latest firmware on Gear 360.
I tried the app By Bin4ry, but due to problems with the live view I could not use. I installed the app By ROSTOVisualFX and may be used, make a photo, but not a stich panorama (only up to 60-70%).
Is there a solution for this problem?

Regards,
Midhat

Read carefully the page on allge.ru - stitching panoramas on your phone is not supported! Do stitching of panoramas on the computer is easier and better with the latest version of ActionDirector.

Last edited:

ROSTOVisualFX

Aug 20, 2016
Last edited:

mbelgrano

Mar 19, 2007
installed on on LG Nexus 5x
Version is 1.0.4 Istead 1.0.13: qhois required from nougal
Not show foto on camera
Is possible a window version?
What action have been made from save option?
Google foto recognize a photo as 360 ater this steep

Thanks in advance

Samsung Gear 360 Manager (Mod without LiveView for any phones and tablets with Android 5.0 or higher)

cinerapsodi

Mar 22, 2017
samsung s4

Hi guys
great work!!!

I need information about samsung s4, my last app version don't work (no preview) , i've write it in the forum a few months ago.
I can use this way to use my phone?

It would be enough to use the LivePreview just to see the shots before recording and to make some adjustments.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    We present a new modification of the application Gear 360 Manager is compatible with most phone models from all manufacturers!

Gear-360-Beta05-EN-FHD-for-XDA08.png

Now as a remote for Gear 360, you can use any phone with Android 5.0 or higher!
    This level of compatibility we were able to achieve due to the fact that our programmer was removed by the LiveView module (preview in real time)..
    Therefore, even on slower and older phones like Samsung GALAXY S4 and Note 3 this app works and allows you to change Exposure settings, white Balance, HDR as well as set limits ISO. And most importantly, to remotely control shutter release on spherical camera Gear 360 to making photos the precisely the right moment, not when the timer expires.
    This modification is based on modification of established respected Bin4ry.

Mods:
    1.) Removed LiveView to support all devices (by Dionis10)
    2.) Replaced by UI icons on a large and high quality (Designed by Admin ALLGe.RU)
    3.) Removed device lock (by Bin4ry)

Requested and paid for the creation of this modification: ROSTOVisualFX

Samsung-Gear-360-mod-without-LiveView-by-ROSTOVisualFX.png

Installation requirements:
    1. Any devices from any manufacturer with the OS Android 5.0 or higher.
    2. You need to install Samsung Accessory Service (You will be prompted to install this component automatically after you install Gear 360 Manager).

We recommend you to install our mod, in case if on Your device is not running LiveView in the mod from Bin4ry or You don't need LiveView or You want to save battery charge camera and phone without LiveView.

Download the latest version You can always get on the official website of the developers of this modification here:
    Modified application Gear 360 Manager for any devices with Android 5.0 or higher

Detailed instructions for the installation and use of this Mod is the link above.

Before asking questions in this thread, that You have something does not work as I would like — please view this video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYcic0uNUBw

If the problem persists, please in the comments leave the following information:
    1. The Android version on Your device and the device model.
    2. Firmware version Gear 360.
    3. Gear 360 camera connects via Bluetooth to Your device without the app?
    4. If in Your opinion, a solution to Your problem will require changes to the application, please provide the adb logcat with the entry point in which is shown a error.

Downloaded and installed the app onto a Pixel XL on 8.0, and it immediately crashes on app launch.:(