[MOD][RECOVERY] Working TWRP recovery for Pixel on Android O

Lileric

Apr 27, 2016
Even if you do flash a different ROM, I'd still start with flashing the completely official stock ROM to make sure everything starts with it working 100% correct. I would even verify that everything is working correct on the official stock ROM before rooting it or booting the latest version of TWRP. When you're ready to root, just boot TWRP without flashing it (my preference, although may not be yours), and then flash the latest Magisk zip.
I definitely get where you're coming from and agree. I'm going to do that and regardless of the result I really appreciate your 2¢ lol nah FR tho thanks for the help

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

Lileric

Apr 27, 2016
I definitely get where you're coming from and agree. I'm going to do that and regardless of the result I really appreciate your 2¢ lol nah FR tho thanks for the help
Bro it was definitely the twrp recovery. I think the problem was when I flashed it. The second time around I didn't flash twrp just magisk and now it works flawlessly as of now. Don't know who this might help out there but if you have this problem, try what I did.

tst1212

Mar 11, 2011
Bro it was definitely the twrp recovery. I think the problem was when I flashed it. The second time around I didn't flash twrp just magisk and now it works flawlessly as of now. Don't know who this might help out there but if you have this problem, try what I did.
I think I have the same issue. I flashed factory stock, flashed twrp, everything seemed to work. Then I flashed a ROM, flashed twrp, rebooted, setup, then flashed magisk.

Somewhere along the line, I lost root and now twrp boots, but is basically useless, as it doesn't show the normal directories. Is this similar to your issue? What did you do to fix it?

On Pie, if that matters.

Last edited: