[MOD] Remap Search Button to Camera

Search This thread

absens

Oct 5, 2010
Sweet, thanks. That's gonna make life a lot easier!

From a rooted I-500 with XDA

alnova1

Oct 16, 2009
Its working most of the time but sometimes the camera comes up but its just a black screen and sometimes it says Camera failed. All in all it works most of the time. Nice work!

sonofskywalker3

Jan 22, 2009
great find thatdudebutch! I see that the concept behind it is pretty flexible, have you tried running any other programs with the softkeys?

Mu9enx

Nov 2, 2010
626x916x951
Awesome work. Works just like you advertised, and no problems for the 5 mins I waa messing with it. :thumbsup:

Sent from my Fascinate using the official XDA Forum App.

wizang

Sep 15, 2009
I get the camera failed error/black screen about every other time I start hit search, kind of causes a momentary phone freeze. Thanks for your work on this though, its an awesome idea.

thatdudebutch

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 28, 2010
Raleigh, NC
www.twitter.com
I get the camera failed error/black screen about every other time I start hit search, kind of causes a momentary phone freeze. Thanks for your work on this though, its an awesome idea.

its weird man, ive been pressing it all day and it loads every time, sorry maybe if you got a second some time you can connect phone to adb and run a logcat while hitting the button so we can see what the problem is

Mu9enx

Nov 2, 2010
626x916x951
its weird man, ive been pressing it all day and it loads every time, sorry maybe if you got a second some time you can connect phone to adb and run a logcat while hitting the button so we can see what the problem is

Same, mine works like a charm. No lockups or blackscreens at all

Sent from my Fascinate using the official XDA Forum App.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here's a small .zip file that will remap your search button to open Camera.apk
    Flash the .zip in recovery. There is also a .zip to revert to stock as well. Enjoy!