[MOD] Remove Sense LockScreen

Search This thread

Master™

Sep 24, 2010
This is a simple script for ClockWorkRecovery that removes the HTC Sense LockScreen files so you can use the stock android lockscreen.

Requirements
  • Must Be Rooted

If you are unfamiliar of what the stock android lockscreen looks like, just look below :)

octPml.jpg
h88jzl.jpg

Htc Sense Lockscreen (Stock) On The Left, Aosp Lockscreen On The Right

Download

mikeyinid

Sep 4, 2010
Boise
Ive had htc lockscreen disabled[ since i got the phone and my alarm goes off at 645 every morning QUOTE=ncwildcat;12422258]Careful - or be ready to be awake...you have to use a different alarm clock or you wont be able to shut it off...[/QUOTE]

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA App

walbuls

Mar 23, 2011
Would this work with the Virus rom? And does it mess anything up when you apply this?(wondering after seeing the posts above)

Thanks

mikeyinid

Sep 4, 2010
Boise
Would this work with the Virus rom? And does it mess anything up when you apply this?(wondering after seeing the posts above)

Thanks

It doesnt mess anything up, it works perfectly fine. You will have aosp lockscreen. However, you will lose your lockscreen music controls and just about anything else you were able to do from the lockscreen. Its all tied into the htclockscreen.apk(sense).

Reactions: walbuls

walbuls

Mar 23, 2011
It doesnt mess anything up, it works perfectly fine. You will have aosp lockscreen. However, you will lose your lockscreen music controls and just about anything else you were able to do from the lockscreen. Its all tied into the htclockscreen.apk(sense).

Thanks for the info.

Russ36363

Feb 24, 2011
Philly
Then why are the issues occuring with the alarm? Is that only after it's set? I'm really wanting to drop this mod in, but I don't want to have these alarm issues that others are experiencing.

mikeyinid

Sep 4, 2010
Boise
Then why are the issues occuring with the alarm? Is that only after it's set? I'm really wanting to drop this mod in, but I don't want to have these alarm issues that others are experiencing.

What alarm issues are you talking about? My alarm works just fine. I would recommend using root explorer, going into system/app folder and renaming htclockscreen.apk to htclockscreen.apk.bak and checking it out for yourself. You can always change it back if you have issues

ncwildcat

Feb 2, 2009
What alarm issues are you talking about? My alarm works just fine. I would recommend using root explorer, going into system/app folder and renaming htclockscreen.apk to htclockscreen.apk.bak and checking it out for yourself. You can always change it back if you have issues

My bad...on the incredible the only way to shut off the alarm was with the lockscreen...looks like this is fixed on the t-bolt

Sent from my personal space

Russ36363

Feb 24, 2011
Philly

The posts made on the first page made it sound like the alarm was going off randomly/couldn't be turned off.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a simple script for ClockWorkRecovery that removes the HTC Sense LockScreen files so you can use the stock android lockscreen.

Requirements
    • Must Be Rooted

If you are unfamiliar of what the stock android lockscreen looks like, just look below :)

octPml.jpg
    h88jzl.jpg

Htc Sense Lockscreen (Stock) On The Left, Aosp Lockscreen On The Right

Download
    Nice, but needs to include gingerbread or honeycomb theming...

Thanks

How do you kickstand it while charging? I thought about doing that but the stupid charging port is in the way.

Stand it up vertically. ;)

Thanks

why are you removing this from virus rom when the virus rom has all sense stuff removed? or is this not true?