Development [MOD] RENOVATE ICE 7.0 - raven & oriole - Android 12L

Search This thread

finshan

Jan 17, 2018
Are those the quick quick settings or the fully expanded quicksettings? There are no labels on the quick quicksettings prior to Android 12 which is what style these are. I guess I could make a toggle for this if you like.

The animation is a bit glitchy yes, it's a tricky one but I'm aware of it and I am trying to fix.
Oooh I see, they aren't all the way expanded. Nice 👍. Still recommend to show labels before expanding but I guess that was my misunderstanding.

Regarding the quicksettings on the lockscreen, the animation is jank but that's not the problem. The problem is that they show even after disabling them on the lockscreen in the rice app.

mwilky

Recognized Developer
Feb 21, 2011
Manchester
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 6
Oooh I see, they aren't all the way expanded. Nice 👍. Still recommend to show labels before expanding but I guess that was my misunderstanding.

Regarding the quicksettings on the lockscreen, the animation is jank but that's not the problem. The problem is that they show even after disabling them on the lockscreen in the rice app.
Can you still click them though? I changed it so that they aren't clickable, but this doesn't seem to be working for everyone.

What screen lock options do you have? Can you send me a video of the issue?

Reactions: jericho246

finshan

Jan 17, 2018
Can you still click them though? I changed it so that they aren't clickable, but this doesn't seem to be working for everyone.

Ya, can still click them. The app itself may be bugged because I just switched to it and it was a light theme that has extra lockscreen options about album art, but when I closed it and went back it's dark theme again and those options are gone.

But here's a video. At some point in this, it stopped bugging the pulldown animation so that appears normal in the video.

Attachments

• screen-20220525-083006.mp4
    25 MB · Views: 0

finshan

Jan 17, 2018

Made some progress on this.

The lockscreen buttons can be pressed if you swipe down in the middle of the screen, but not if you swipe down from the top of the screen. Probably overlooked that when coding this feature.

Note this isn't about whether the quicksettings are fully expanded, as you can still press the buttons after expanding quicksettings if the drawer itself was pulled down by a swipe on the screen rather than from the top of the screen.

mwilky

Recognized Developer
Feb 21, 2011
Manchester
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 6
stmY9pl.png

RENOVATE ICE 6.0 - 15th June
RiCE 3.3.5 APK - 15th June
Current version is compatible with the following builds:
SQ3A.220605.009.B1
SQ3A.220605.009.A1

Just a FYI - I have "downgraded" the bundled app in the module to match the version that is currently in the playstore. This will allow you purchase premium or subscribe. The app will be an old version and will give you the "unsupported device" message, but you can then simply update the app from the link above.

Uninstall current module and reboot
Uninstall the RiCE apk if it has stayed behind for whatever reason.
Re-install the new module.
Open RiCE app, ignore "device not supported" message and purchase premium/subscribe.
Install new apk from link below - you will now be on newest app with all the features.

This is only required until the app update is live in playstore.

DGRfUoE.png

-Rebased to June base
-Added new QS Icon style (icons with no background)
-Option to set QS tile corner radius individually for both Active and Inactive states
-Option to set QS tile outline color individually for both Active and Inactive states
-Option to show QS tile labels in quick quicksettings view
-Option to show QS tile secondary labels in quick quicksettings view
-Added transition animation to QS tile outline
-Added transition animation to QS tile secondary label when expanding for quick quicksettings

spinoza23

Apr 27, 2012
Doral, FL
stmY9pl.png

RENOVATE ICE 6.0 - 15th June
RiCE 3.3.5 APK - 15th June
SQ3A.220605.009.B1
SQ3A.220605.009.A1

Just a FYI - I have "downgraded" the bundled app in the module to match the version that is currently in the playstore. This will allow you purchase premium or subscribe. The app will be an old version and will give you the "unsupported device" message, but you can then simply update the app from the link above.

Open RiCE app, ignore "device not supported" message and purchase premium/subscribe.
Install new apk from link below - you will now be on newest app with all the features.

DGRfUoE.png

-Rebased to June base
-Option to set QS tile corner radius individually for both Active and Inactive states
-Option to set QS tile outline color individually for both Active and Inactive states
-Added transition animation to QS tile secondary label when expanding for quick quicksettings

This module is causing me a bootloop... I remove it and all works again, I haven´t installed others modules... any ideas?
Boot into safe mode is needed to get the system working again, restart in normal mode remove this magisk module and install any other reboot and all works well.
reinstall "RENOVATE ICE 6.0" and I get a bootloop again...
any ideas?

• Wow
Reactions: jcp2

mwilky

Recognized Developer
Feb 21, 2011
Manchester
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 6
This module is causing me a bootloop... I remove it and all works again, I haven´t installed others modules... any ideas?
Boot into safe mode is needed to get the system working again, restart in normal mode remove this magisk module and install any other reboot and all works well.
reinstall "RENOVATE ICE 6.0" and I get a bootloop again...
any ideas?
You flashing over the stock pixel ROM yeah? Can you get me a logcat when it is looping please before you it reboots to safe mode?

mwilky

Recognized Developer
Feb 21, 2011
Manchester
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 6
stmY9pl.png

RENOVATE ICE 7.0 - 11th July
RiCE 3.3.6 APK - 11th July
SQ3A.220705.003
SQ3A.220705.001.B1
SQ3A.220705.003.A1

DGRfUoE.png

-Rebased to July base
-Added back NFC tile
-Skip checking SystemUI Privacy observer permission as this can cause a fatal bootloop on rare occasions

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1642588715719.png

First off hi to everyone on the Pixel forums. I have been around quite some time. Firstly HTC, then Samsung, OnePlus and now Google :).

Hopefully my work will be as popular and appreciated here as it was on previous devices.

nOuzTHT.png

RENOVATE ICE is a magisk module consisting of modified system framework/apps and an app to enable or disable these new features. Everything by default, is exactly as you would find it on the stock Pixel OS. You need to enable the extra features through the app. The app is available on the playstore but without the corresponding magisk module it will simply do nothing.

One of my main focuses when developing these mods is to make sure everything works instantly, there are no reboots/SystemUI restarts required for anything to take effect.

As it contains modified system files, it needs to be updated every time Google releases a new update. To make sure this causes no issues, I have put a check in the installer so it will only install on the correct base system.

htNGQ3r.png

Features controllable through the app (will update as I add more) :

Statusbar:
    - Option to put device to sleep when double-tapping statusbar.
    - Option to set the maximum number of notification icons in the statusbar.
    - Option for statusbar brightness control
    - Option for statusbar clock positions (left/right/hidden).
    - Option to show seconds in statusbar clock.
    - Option to link statusbar icon colors to the system accent colour (premium only)
    - Option to set color of statusbar icons.
    - Option to set the dark color of statusbar icons when on a light background.
    - Option to set each statusbar icon color individually (premium only)

Notifications:
    - Option to force expand all notifications
    - Option for silent notifications whilst screen is on
    - Option for notification text and icon color
    - Option to set notification text and icon color to system accent (premium only)

Quicksettings:
    - Option to show brightness slider in quick quicksettings
    - Option to set the brightness slider position (default/below quicksetting/hidden)
    - Option to enable vibration when clicking on quicksetting tiles
    - Option to hide build number in quicksettings footer
    - Option for quick pulldown (go straight to fully expanded quicksettings).
    - Option for smart pulldown (go straight to fully expanded quicksettings if no notifications).
    - Option to select different quicksettings icon style (stock, icon with background, icon with no background)
    - Option to show QS tile labels in quick quicksettings view
    - Option to show QS tile secondary labels in quick quicksettings view
    - Option to set number of quicksetting columns
    - Option to set number of quicksetting rows
    - Option to set number of quick quicksetting rows
    - Option to enable outline on quicksetting tiles
    - Option to set courner radius of quicksetting tile
    - Option to set the width of quicksetting tile outline
    - Option to set the corner radius of quicksetting tile outline
    - Option to set the color of quicksetting tile outline
    - Option to link quicksettings outline color to system accent colour (premium only)
    - Option to link quicksettings icon colors to system accent colour (premium only)
    - Option to set color of quicksettings statusbar icons.
    - Option to set each quicksettings statusbar icon color individually (premium only)

Lockscreen:
    - Option to hide the statusbar on lockscreen
    - Option to hide the shortcuts at the bottom of lockscreen
    - Option to disable the two-lined clock (Android 12L feature)
    - Option to randomize the lockscreen keypad for pin unlock
    - Option to disable power menu when device is locked.
    - Option to disable quicksetting pulldown when the device is locked.
    - Option to link lockscreen icon colors to system accent colour (premium only)
    - Option to set color of lockscreen statusbar icons.
    - Option to set each lockscreen statusbar icon color individually (premium only)

Buttons:
    - Option to toggle flashlight with long press power when sceen off.
    - Option to automatically turn off the flashlight when turning screen on.

Miscellaneous:
    - Option to allow 180 degree rotation (upside down).
    - Option to allow screenshots in secure apps.

The app as a whole is free. There are certain tweaks that either require to be a "premium" user or have a subscription. "Premium" status is gained with a one off payment, subscription is as it sounds a small reoccurring monthly fee. Everything is explained in the app, any questions please feel fee to contact me.

Certain parts of the system I may modify and it not require the user to enable/disable anything in the app. Those features are the following:

- Modified SettingsGoogle.apk to allow system apps to be disabled.
    - Added back seperate WiFi/Mobile data toggles as well as the new internet tile
    - Added back NFC tile

As with previous devices I am open to suggestions and ideas as long as they are in reason. I can't guarantee I can/will include everything requested but I will take a look.

Hopefully we can get a nice collection of tweaks/extra features going :).

stmY9pl.png

RENOVATE ICE 7.0 - 11th July
    RiCE 3.3.6 APK - 11th July
    SQ3A.220705.003
    SQ3A.220705.001.B1
    SQ3A.220705.003.A1

DGRfUoE.png

-Rebased to July base
    -Added back NFC tile
    -Skip checking SystemUI Privacy observer permission as this can cause a fatal bootloop on rare occasions

WSiyTYU.png

-Rebased to June base
    - Updated to May builds
    - Added option for notification text/icon colors
    - Added option for statusbar brightness control
    - Custom quicksetting column count now applies in the customizer screen
    - Disable quicksettings on lockscreen tweak now applies when pulling down from the screen rather than the statusbar
    - Disable quicksettings on lockscreen tweak now allows quicksetting pulldown, but the tiles are not clickable
    - Blocking access to power menu on lockscreen tweak now hides the power button in the quicksettings footer
    - Blocking access to power menu on lockscreen tweak now applies when using power + vol up key for power menu
    - Fixed the chance hidden clock could show again after hiding statusbar icons
    -Improved some monet coloring
    -Fixed glitches with brightness slider after changing positions
    -Added labels back to square or circle style quicksettings. These are now fully pre Android 12 style!
    -Other minor code fixes and cleanups
    - Updated to April builds
    - Added option to hide statusbar icons
    - If using right hand side clock receiving a heads up notification will no longer hide the clock
    - Apply max notifications tweak to AOD notification count
    - Hiding battery icon will not hide percentage text. This can be removed separately.
    - Updated to February builds
    -Added initial support for the Android 12L beta. As apktool hasn't been updated to support Android 12L yet, the 12L features are minimal. Please don't report things not working as I am already aware of it. I wasn't going to include support until everything had been ported but I thought as I have already done bits, why not share it.

- Option to select different quicksettings icon style (stock, circle with no label, square with no label)
    The circle and square styles I have tried to get looking as close to "pre Android 12" as possible. I am still looking at bringing back the label but it is a big change.

- Option to set number of quicksetting columns
    - Option to set number of quicksetting rows
    - Option to set number of quick quicksetting rows
    Depending on which style you choose, I set defaults and different maximum/minimum values. For example stock style tiles I don't allow more than 4 columns as things start to look ugly.

- Option to enable outline on quicksetting tiles
    - Option to set the width of quicksetting tile outline
    - Option to set the corner radius of quicksetting tile outline (stock style or square only)
    - Option to set the color of quicksetting tile outline
    - Option to link quicksettings outline color to system accent colour (premium only)

-Fixed RiCE app not detecting license and ROM version on fresh app install

All the quicksettings tile tweaks work without requiring a reboot as it is all controlled in code, not just resource overlaying.

- Added option to disable hide the build number in the quicksettings footer
    - Added option to set the brightness slider position (default/below quicksetting/hidden)
    - Added option to show the brightness slider in the quick quicksettings panel
    - Removed bits of left over debugging

- Added option to disable the two-lined clock on lockscreen/AOD (Android 12L feature)
    - Updated to January sq1d.220105.007 base

- Initial release.

2n0CaIj.png

Feel free to join us at Telegram
    stmY9pl.png

RENOVATE ICE 2.1 - 18th January
    RiCE APK - 18th January
    SQ1D.220105.007.A4
    SQ1D.220105.007.A1
    SQ1D.220105.007

DGRfUoE.png

- Added option to disable the two-lined clock on lockscreen/AOD (Android 12L feature)
    Hello @mwilky

I don't know if you've bumped into "Addon features for Pixel devices" thread(s) but it seems to me that we're both doing the exact same thing (some stuff different though, but overall the same).

The main difference is that I'm providing a lot of features totally free for Pixel users.

Don't know if that causes a problem for you, or not, but I've been doing this for quite some time now (began with Android 10 while using other devices) and kept on going ever since.

Don't get me wrong, you can do anything you want but I thought on bringing you this to your attention since you're making some "subscription only" features.

Cheers!
    stmY9pl.png

RENOVATE ICE 2.2 - 26th January
    RiCE APK - 26th January
    SQ1D.220105.007.A4
    SQ1D.220105.007.A1
    SQ1D.220105.007

DGRfUoE.png

- Added option to disable hide the build number in the quicksettings footer
    - Added option to set the brightness slider position (default/below quicksetting/hidden)
    - Added option to show the brightness slider in the quick quicksettings panel
    - Removed bits of left over debugging