[MOD][ROOT] 1080p 60fps Recording 6P/5X

Search This thread

bmg1001

Mar 18, 2012
Los Angeles
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 7
If you have issues with modifying vendor, you could try backing up "vendor" in TWRP and restoring it right away. This worked for me and allowed me to install the libs there without error rather then deleting them and placing in system/lib.

Peppespa

Dec 21, 2013
plus.google.com
I confirm that in the event of error in the camera after the change of the lib file, the solution to return everything in order is flashing from the vendor TWRP

Google Experience

Carson Cheung

Feb 28, 2015
Hong Kong
I got a rooted 6P running 7.1.1 (N4F26T) and a rooted 5X running 7.1.2 (NPG05D) with the latest Camera NX installed. I don't know why it works on my 5X but doesn't work on my 6P.
What I did is copy that two "libmmcamera_imx377.so" and "liboemcamera.so" files to vendor/lib, just overwrite those two old files which are having the exact same name by using "Solid Explorer". After rebooting the device, then open Camera NX, it works, although it still got a bit laggy, obviously it is much smooth than before in terms of 60fps.
Then I tried to do the same thing on my 6P, I'm not sure why "Solid Explorer" didn't allow me to copy that two files to vendor/lib this time, then I tried to launch the Camera NX and the stock Google Camera, both of them were not working, just shown up a black screen...
And now, I have already reflashed a vendor image and backed to the initial state. So.. could anyone tell me what's was happening, how could I paste that two files successfully? Thank you so much.

Last edited:

Peppespa

Dec 21, 2013
plus.google.com
I got a rooted 6P running 7.1.1 (N4F26T) and a rooted 5X running 7.1.2 (NPG05D) with the latest Camera NX installed. I don't know why it works on my 5X but doesn't work on my 6P.
What I did is copy that two "libmmcamera_imx377.so" and "liboemcamera.so" files to vendor/lib, just overwrite those two old files which are having the exact same name by using "Solid Explorer". After rebooting the device, then open Camera NX, it works, although it still got a bit laggy, obviously it is much smooth than before in terms of 60fps.
Then I tried to do the same thing on my 6P, I'm not sure why "Solid Explorer" didn't allow me to copy that two files to vendor/lib this time, then I tried to launch the Camera NX and the stock Google Camera, both of them were not working, just shown up a black screen...
And now, I have already reflashed a vendor image and backed to the initial state. So.. could anyone tell me what's was happening, how could I paste that two files successfully? Thank you so much.
With root explorer mounted rw and copy the .xml file system / etc then delete from vendor / lib file and paste the .so files in system / lib.

Google Experience

Carson Cheung

Feb 28, 2015
Hong Kong
With root explorer mounted rw and copy the .xml file system / etc then delete from vendor / lib file and paste the .so files in system / lib.

Google Experience

I did follow what you mentioned​, copy "media_profiles.xml" and paste into system/etc, and delete that two original files "libmmcamera_imx377.so" and "liboemcamera.so" from vendor/lib, then paste two new "libmmcamera_imx377.so" and "liboemcamera.so" files to system / lib.
But it still doesn't work for me, camera app couldn't launch normally, black screen...

Peppespa

Dec 21, 2013
plus.google.com
I did follow what you mentioned​, copy "media_profiles.xml" and paste into system/etc, and delete that two original files "libmmcamera_imx377.so" and "liboemcamera.so" from vendor/lib, then paste two new "libmmcamera_imx377.so" and "liboemcamera.so" files to system / lib.
But it still doesn't work for me, camera app couldn't launch normally, black screen...
use camera nx 5.5.1?

Google Experience

martonimix

May 16, 2012
240fps enabled causes app to fc that's why its technically disabled while it shows 120fps its actually configured as 240fps but registers as 120fps maybe camera nx dev would be able to fix the fc

Sent from my NX503A using XDA Free mobile app

Is recorded as 120 fps but is it really 240 fps? Or do it record it at 120 fps?

Peppespa

Dec 21, 2013
plus.google.com
Yup, the latest version
definitely skip some steps, mounts Root Explorer rw, do the procedure that I told you and restarts, in the camera settings, you should have the ability to switch between 30 and 60fps

Google Experience

---------- Post added at 09:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 AM ----------

Is recorded as 120 fps but is it really 240 fps? Or do it record it at 120 fps?
I record at 120fps, 240fps for serving the app update that solves the problem

Google Experience

Peppespa

Dec 21, 2013
plus.google.com
definitely skip some steps, mounts Root Explorer rw, do the procedure that I told you and restarts, in the camera settings, you should have the ability to switch between 30 and 60fps

Google Experience

What do you mean mount root explorer rw? I'm not understand

rw=rewritable
ro=read only

you must copy the files by putting rescrivible mode, to do that using Root Explorer, if you have no clear evidence these concepts have a look at some tutorials.

Google Experience

IonuZ

Feb 24, 2014
Constanța
i tried with 3 root browse apps R/W to replace lib files and no chance...now i can´t use my camera , i made backup tu lib files but i forgot to do the xml backup...what to do ? :-/

superchandan007

Nov 1, 2013
Bangalore
www.google.com
Even me facing same problem in my nexus 6p

Bingley

Jan 6, 2011
Netherfield
Any way this can be included in the camera apk or symlinked locally to file so n internal mem so non systemless rooted users can use without affecting otas?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    60fps With Stock Camera

Copy XML -> system/etc
    Copy Libs system/vendor/lib/

Copy media_profile.xml to system/etc/ set rw-r-r or chmod 644 permissions

Copy liboemcamera.so and libmmcamera_imx377.so to /system/vendor/lib apply rw-r-r / chmod permissions failing todo so will result in only front camera showing up if for whatever reason vendor cannot copy or show 0b file size follow the instructions on this link https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=71624661&postcount=253.

if you cannot copy to vendor then delete the liboemcamera and libmmcamera_imx377.so files fron /system/venodorr/lib and use the system/lib/ path instead

if magisk is life then @ iaTa has got you Magisk Module
    Android 7.0+ See this

Donated
    @Charles_l |
    @drago10029 |
    @LluisAzm |
    @spitsyn Sergey |
    @vexierspiegel |
    @starbase64|
    @ Anders Grandt|
    @ Singgih Putra -Mi 4c Indonesia|
    @ Shaneel Chanderpaul | @sopebird

$150 needed for new device

OLD OP for Android MM and 7.0
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: 6.0 / 7.0 :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Extract libmmcamera_imx377.so from this https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=457095661767120784
    Using Some Root File Browser/Explorer
    Copy libmmcamera_imx377.so to /vendor/lib/ if file size shows 0b then vendor tripping .

In Case vendor/lib tripping delete libmmcamera_imx377.so from vendor/lib/ and copy modded lib to /system/lib/ instead

Set Chmod 644 or rw-r-r permission

Reboot

Install This APK https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=385035244224403590 give requested permissions

In API Camera 2 Select 1080pHS Video Profile > Record Video

it may FC on First Run is a known bug

Should Work FOR MM/N some 7.1.1 roms might be give some trouble consult your rom dev

If you press record but it does not start recording switch to pic mode take a picture switch back to movie mode then record

Trouble with mounting vendor renaming copying Check this GUIDE

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: OLD MM ONLY BELOW :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Code:
    [HIDE][STRIKE]Made this app to make it easier to copy modified Libs 

There three things you can do with the

Backup original lib
    Install Modified lib
    Install Custom Media Profile .

The lib may work Nexus 5X as Well.

To get 60fps working
    1. Install Lib Changer.

2. Install Freedcam.

3. Run Libchanger

3.5 Grant app root permission

4.Tap on the blue are with SELECT MOD

5.Select 60fps_1080p you be asked to be reboot .

6. After Reboot relaunch lib Changer if freedcam is installed Tap on the Yellow Area to install Custom media profile.

7.Start Freedcam In the menu scroll down to api tap on it and select camera1 make sure it's not in camera 2 mode. 

8. Scroll up whilst still the menu select 1080pHFR in video Menu if its not showing exit relaunch lib changer repeat step 6.

9. If had to repeat step 6 start freedam then in mode select right side of ui select Movie Mode if video profile is set to 1080HFR and lib is applied click on the shutter button to start Recording .

10. Enjoy 60fps Video 

Latest Freedcam Build -?> [url]https://github.com/troop/FreeDcam/releases[/url]

Sample Video [media=youtube]UBMuIA0vkdc[/media]

Update ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: 11/18/2016 ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    app-release.apk Supports N and MM also added HTC10 60fps[/STRIKE][/HIDE]

For Stock Camera See this post
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=70748865
    Made this app to make it easier to copy modified Libs

There three things you can do with the

Backup original lib
    Install Modified lib
    Install Custom Media Profile .

The lib may work Nexus 5X as Well.

To get 60fps working
    1. Install Lib Changer.

2. Install Freedcam.

3. Run Libchanger

3.5 Grant app root permission

4.Tap on the blue are with SELECT MOD

5.Select 60fps_1080p you be asked to be reboot .

6. After Reboot relaunch lib Changer if freedcam is installed Tap on the Yellow Area to install Custom media profile.

7.Start Freedcam In the menu scroll down to api tap on it and select camera1 make sure it's not in camera 2 mode.

8. Scroll up whilst still the menu select 1080pHFR in video Menu if its not showing exit relaunch lib changer repeat step 6.

9. If had to repeat step 6 start freedam then in mode select right side of ui select Movie Mode if video profile is set to 1080HFR and lib is applied click on the shutter button to start Recording .

10. Enjoy 60fps Video

Latest Freedcam Build -?> https://github.com/troop/FreeDcam/releases

If you like my work donate link in my profile
    Thanks @drago10029 and @jal3223 for testing
    Why the hell would it work on G2?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    "In Case vendor/lib tripping delete libmmcamera_imx377.so from vendor/lib/ and copy modded lib to /system/lib/ instead
    Set Chmod 644 or rw-r-r permission*
    Im on 7.1.1 pure nexus and did this. 60fps videos looked great but Stock camera works but slow motion crash . so I restore vandor and then freedcam started crashing. I'm in a dilemma, can't I have both? I'm doing something wrong?

You can use freedcam to record 720p @240fps and slow it down in post, will add slow motion option in the future

Sent from my NX503A using XDA Free mobile app