present to you

Easy Root 1.0

This software is licensed under the WTFPL

/* This program is free software. It comes without any warranty, to
* the extent permitted by applicable law. You can redistribute it
* and/or modify it under the terms of the Do What The F*** You Want
* To Public License, Version 2, as published by Sam Hocevar. See
* http://sam.zoy.org/wtfpl/COPYING for more details. */

what this means is simple, you can do whatever you want with this software ;)

Instructions are simple, this uses revolutionary's awesome zergrush exploit its just a slightly modified script from my transform-ultra AIO. anyways yall might be wondering why a sprint guy is here giving yall this, well its cuz my good buddy k0nane (the one currently working on removing ciq for yall) asked me to stop by the irc channel last night. we got some of the partitions mapped out and he told me that you guys can use zergRush so here ya have it

set usb debugging on (settings > applications > development > USB debugging)
Install teh drivers
plug in your phone and let teh drivers FULLY INSTALL
extract the entire root zip file (dont just pull what you want out of it, it doesnt work like that)
run the included batch file/sh file depending on your os :)

linux users i know youve got it handled but for you mac users that dont understand how to do anything more then dump money in apples pockets there is a readme in there ;)

also to make things easier for editing i have included a nice lil script

in shell or terminal use this command

# remount rw
it will allow r/w access to /system

enjoy :)

version 2.0 will flash cwm for ya, just need to figure out a safe way to do it

Last edited:

shabbypenguin

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 30, 2010
no adb is finding your phone, otherwise the exploit wouldnt run. its just odd that they arent leaving anything interesting. not sure why its not running the way it should, other people on this forum have said they used zergrush just fine, the reason why i posted this is so that you can have it done via script and have busybox and a remount script thrown in there.

here i had originally posted teh file with my old copy of zergrush, i had since updated teh zip with the latest from revolutionary. i reverted back to the old one try downloading it again and see where that gets ya

CZ Eddie

Sep 27, 2011
Austin, TX
Well, I'm sure I may be doing something wrong.

But I simply set my phone to usb-debugging and plugged in the usb cable.
Then extracted your zipped up folder and then right-click-run-as-administrator on root.bat.
ADB.exe is definitely in the same folder structure as root.bat.

PlagueBoy

Nov 1, 2007
If you are running windows vista or windows 7 and you are just right-clicking on the bat and running as administrator you are not running the adb.exe as an administrator. You should right-click on cmd.exe in the start menu, select run as administrator then navigate to the folder extracted. For instance if you saved the file in your users downloads folder then navigate to: x:\users\[user name]\downloads\Skyrocket-Easy-Root and then type root.bat and press enter. This will allow the root.bat to call adb.exe properly and will execute the process.

Hope this helps.

CZ Eddie

Sep 27, 2011
Austin, TX
If you are running windows vista or windows 7 and you are just right-clicking on the bat and running as administrator you are not running the adb.exe as an administrator. You should right-click on cmd.exe in the start menu, select run as administrator then navigate to the folder extracted. For instance if you saved the file in your users downloads folder then navigate to: x:\users\[user name]\downloads\Skyrocket-Easy-Root and then type root.bat and press enter. This will allow the root.bat to call adb.exe properly and will execute the process.

Hope this helps.

Windows 7.
That did the trick, it worked great and I'm rooted. Thanks to both of you!

worked.png

---------- Post added at 12:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 PM ----------

Plague Boy... one post in four years and it got a "Thank You". :D
You're batting 100%!

PlagueBoy

Nov 1, 2007
Glad I could help. One post in four years yes, I signed up for this site a long time ago and then promptly joined the dark side by purchasing an iPhone about a week after that. After all these years I have wandered back and can hopefully be more of more use as I learn the Android OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    acswallpaper2.png

Shabbypenguin and the Android Creative Syndicate
    present to you

Easy Root 1.0

This software is licensed under the WTFPL

/* This program is free software. It comes without any warranty, to
    * the extent permitted by applicable law. You can redistribute it
    * and/or modify it under the terms of the Do What The F*** You Want
    * To Public License, Version 2, as published by Sam Hocevar. See
    * http://sam.zoy.org/wtfpl/COPYING for more details. */

what this means is simple, you can do whatever you want with this software ;)

Instructions are simple, this uses revolutionary's awesome zergrush exploit its just a slightly modified script from my transform-ultra AIO. anyways yall might be wondering why a sprint guy is here giving yall this, well its cuz my good buddy k0nane (the one currently working on removing ciq for yall) asked me to stop by the irc channel last night. we got some of the partitions mapped out and he told me that you guys can use zergRush so here ya have it

set usb debugging on (settings > applications > development > USB debugging)
    Install teh drivers
    plug in your phone and let teh drivers FULLY INSTALL
    extract the entire root zip file (dont just pull what you want out of it, it doesnt work like that)
    run the included batch file/sh file depending on your os :)

linux users i know youve got it handled but for you mac users that dont understand how to do anything more then dump money in apples pockets there is a readme in there ;)

also to make things easier for editing i have included a nice lil script

in shell or terminal use this command

# remount rw
    it will allow r/w access to /system

enjoy :)

version 2.0 will flash cwm for ya, just need to figure out a safe way to do it

Hope this helps.
    Cool. Reserved.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone