[MOD] {ROOT} Enable Dual Window for all apps.

Search This thread

Airtioteclint

Nov 20, 2012
This makes any app eligible for use in Dual Window.
In build prop find "persist.splitwindow.support_all=false" and change to "true"
I enjoyed this on my G4 now even more so on my V10 [emoji2]

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Thanks :good:why in the world would they default that to false? :confused:

mrwinkle

Apr 24, 2010
Because not all apps work in dual window. I'm getting fc's with some of the ones they allow. Hangouts especially.
Hangouts is working fine for me with dual window. No fc's. Do you know if any others that fc?
uploadfromtaptalk1446984899643.jpg

Last edited:

cameljockey1

Aug 4, 2011
Arlington
I have done this 2 times and have got stuck on the tmobile boot screen. I had to restore. I used root explorer to change. Any suggestions?

Sent from my LG-H901 using XDA Premium HD app

Zugshad

Jan 22, 2011
I have done this 2 times and have got stuck on the tmobile boot screen. I had to restore. I used root explorer to change. Any suggestions?

Sent from my LG-H901 using XDA Premium HD app
Got to make sure you set permissions back to proper. Think it's rw r r off top of my head. Just check it before you edit and then set back to same and reboot

Sent from my non-Mega loved (yet) v10

mrwinkle

Apr 24, 2010
Go into a chat then use the back button to back out and close hangouts

do i actually have to chat or video chat with someone? because is still dont get the fc's. not saying it wont. i just think im not doing the proper step to recreate the fc. I will state that i use hangout 95% of the time for sms and mms and 5% for chat or video chat.

Warrior1975

Jul 19, 2012
Maybe it's with the second app you are trying to use. Some may work with hangouts, some may not?

Sent from my LG-H901 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

make123

Dec 22, 2013
Just a heads up, but this actually soft-bricked my phone. I'm guessing I did something wrong or edited the wrong thing, but definitely scared me ****less because their is so little development on this phone as of right now that I thought I had a paperweight.

Warrior1975

Jul 19, 2012
Mist have been something you did editing the build prop. There are recovery images, stock firmware, twrp, etc. It's very safe right now, as far as soft bricking. Just don't flash a ROM from another device.

Reactions: patrioticparadox

make123

Dec 22, 2013
Download build prop editor from play store. Easiest way, no worries about permissions.

For some reason editing it manually will somehow mess things up and cause a soft-brick (maybe permissions?) but using the build prop editor was 100% easy and idiot proof. Thanks! worked great this time and no brick.

Reactions: Warrior1975

DWilso3

Nov 12, 2013
Nola
Tried this with buildprop editor, rebooted into a bootloop. Recovery has the option to enable USB debugging. Using this, is it possible to undo the change in (for example) terminal emulator, rewriting the original line? That way I wouldn't have to factory reset. I already tried wiping the cache (wasn't expecting it to work, but it seemed harmless).

mwebb34

Sep 9, 2012
Deleted

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 01:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 PM ----------

I tried adding some apps to dual window but none added, has anyone got them to add if so how did you do it.

---------- Post added at 01:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 PM ----------

Do I need the dual window app that's in the play store?

---------- Post added at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 PM ----------

Also some apps aren't meant to work in dual window. Get the flex mod dual window app and you can choose what to enable.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.abdulg.flexmultiwindowmod
Is it the one that's .99 in google play? I tried that app but ended up getting refunded.

---------- Post added at 01:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 PM ----------

Does this work for vs990?

---------- Post added at 01:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

Would someone kindly tell me how to make this work. And do I need the app? Thanks

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Also some apps aren't meant to work in dual window. Get the flex mod dual window app and you can choose what to enable.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.abdulg.flexmultiwindowmod
    Download build prop editor from play store. Easiest way, no worries about permissions.

Tried this with buildprop editor, rebooted into a bootloop. Recovery has the option to enable USB debugging. Using this, is it possible to undo the change in (for example) terminal emulator, rewriting the original line? That way I wouldn't have to factory reset. I already tried wiping the cache (wasn't expecting it to work, but it seemed harmless).

Are you using the Verizon varient?... I had the same problem. If you rooted your device using lg up... Then you can use the same .tot file you originally used to root your device. BUT instead of ticking "refurbish" make sure you tick "upgrade"... If you don't tick "upgrade" IT WILL WIPE EVERYTHING.
    I been messing with the biuld prop editor. I keep getting bootlooped and re did everything. I did not know upgrade would fix it. This phone is as picky as a women when something gets changed :)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone