[MOD][ROOT] Error: Cant connect to camera

Search This thread

foryou2keep

Jun 18, 2012
Manila
I've tried different suggestions coming from the Q&A section in this forum. I am not loosing hope that someone out there could be cable to help me with this problem. There are a few people who are experiencing this problem. Some have a different error like "Force Close" error when the application Camera has been started. I tried the different kinds of ROM here in the forum but nothing seem to work on my DS. On the Longhorn, wifi dont work. Maybe someone also can give me a way to restore the ROM, Firmware to its Factory Setting like the way how we got it from the factory. They say ICS can fix many issues like the camera, though I dont see a working ROM in it's build to withstand stable everyday use. I love this phone, I love the ROM's you guys develop. It makes awesome tweaks on the device itself. If only I would know how to encrypt and decrypt apk files and what now, I would give time for this to help other people who are experiencing the same problem like I am experiencing.

Any help, work around would be much appreciated. I would really want the camera of this phone to work.

Android Version: 2.3.7
Baseband Version: GAUSB1A1406214-EU
Kernel Version: 2.6.35.14-DSC-Team-Phoenix nop@ubuild #346
Mod Ver.: Longhorn 2.9.1
Build Number: Longhorm 2.9.1

Please help! :crying:

djmax81

May 9, 2010
Edmonton,Alberta
no big issue ....just go system »etc and look media file may be its corrupt or not there so just extract it any cm c7 rim longhorn n paste it etc folder n reboot. cheers

Sent from my Dell Streak using xda premium

deysmacro

Jan 6, 2012
im sorry. Can you please explain a little further?

simply means that he thought that something might have been corrupted and he suggest that you extract the content and replace it with the same...

how bout trying longhorn 2.7?

make sure you do wipe data / wipe cache / wipe dalvik cache and do dell factory reset...

and try using other card for the external sd... sometimes the card itself is the cause of the problem...

foryou2keep

Jun 18, 2012
Manila
simply means that he thought that something might have been corrupted and he suggest that you extract the content and replace it with the same...

how bout trying longhorn 2.7?

make sure you do wipe data / wipe cache / wipe dalvik cache and do dell factory reset...

and try using other card for the external sd... sometimes the card itself is the cause of the problem...

I'll try your suggestion right now. I'll try to reformat my SD Card. I am currently downloading the 2.9 Longhorn Version let's see.

foryou2keep

Jun 18, 2012
Manila
How can this be a hardware failure? The phone never fell, nor it got bumped. Its always hand carried.

Anyone who has a better solution other than providing false information on this issue? ANyone who had the same problem and had it fix?

Chachatesorio

Aug 25, 2012
I'm also experiencing the same "cannot connect to camera issue" and still can't find the right solution... :(

Sent from my Dell Streak using xda app-developers app

Chachatesorio

Aug 25, 2012
I keep on having this cannot connect to camera error..

Sent from my Dell Streak using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1352010501175.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352010501175.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 181

Airin106

Jul 15, 2015
Need help

I tried to download a file that makes my nexus 7 camera 720p when I downloaded it and restarted my devise my camera won't work when I open it or for any app that uses the camera I tried everything even factory resetting and it still won't work is there a way to fix???

LenAsh

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 20, 2011
Midlands, UK
I tried to download a file that makes my nexus 7 camera 720p when I downloaded it and restarted my devise my camera won't work when I open it or for any app that uses the camera I tried everything even factory resetting and it still won't work is there a way to fix???

Please raise you issue in the Nexus 7 Q and A thread...