[MOD][ROOT] GAppsMod (ex GoogleDialerMod)

Search This thread

tesna

Oct 30, 2006
Jakarta
call screen does not work anymore, I used o be easily enable this, but ever since february 2024 update (or maybe the phonea app) this trick does not work anymore :(

rodken

Jan 11, 2010
call screen does not work anymore, I used o be easily enable this, but ever since february 2024 update (or maybe the phonea app) this trick does not work anymore :(
I feel your pain because I've noticed the same issue on incoming calls where call screen does not function, but after some due diligent work, it turns out that I had to reinstall a much older version of the Google Phone apk in order for Call Screen to reemerge from the dead.

Last edited:
Reactions: tesna

Philly@52

Feb 6, 2019
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus 9 Pro
Came here to ask around about call screening not working now. It still works on my current device but i was trying to upgrade to the OP12 and it "SAYS" Call Screen is enabled in the app, but it doesnt actually work at all. I went in and uninstalled the Google Dialer app via termux, im going to try to see if maybe going back to a version from Dec or so will make it work.

Reactions: rodken and tesna

rodken

Jan 11, 2010
Came here to ask around about call screening not working now. It still works on my current device but i was trying to upgrade to the OP12 and it "SAYS" Call Screen is enabled in the app, but it doesnt actually work at all. I went in and uninstalled the Google Dialer app via termux, im going to try to see if maybe going back to a version from Dec or so will make it work.
Try Google Phone v.79.0.438914483 or even earlier until Call Screen behaves.

Philly@52

Feb 6, 2019
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus 9 Pro
Try Google Phone v.79.0.438914483 or even earlier until Call Screen behaves.
Im having an issue right now trying to downgrade the Phone app. I went in and uninstalled the Phone app via terminal with "pm uninstall --user 0 com.google.android.dialer". The app shows as uninstalled and all that good stuff, but whenever i attempt to install any older version, the phone still says there is a "newer version installed". So im missing something somewhere to "fully" uninstall it.

EDIT: Disregard.. i just decided to install the apk via adb and that worked fine. Silly android...

Last edited:
Reactions: rodken

iamMG

Jun 12, 2012
New Delhi
OnePlus 7 Pro
Can anyone tell me how I can enable the Pill/Chip type notification in the status bar which shows the call duration? Clicking on it open the Call window. This feature replaced the Bubble window. Package is com.google.android.phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Introduction​

GAppsMod (ex GoogleDialerMod) is an Android application able to unlock hidden features (e.g., available only in some countries or on certain devices) in Google applications (such as Phone Messages by Google). Root is required.

The patches are applied to the "Phenotype DB", a hidden Google Play Services database that tracks which features are available or not for all Google applications installed on Android devices. This approach should allow mods to survive application updates and keep the original Google applications unpatched.

Features​

• Supports all arm / arm64 / x86 / x86_64 devices and all Android versions from 5.0 (Lollipop)
    • Enable / disable hidden features for all users at once when Android "multiple users" mode is in use
    • Allows users to list and change all Phenotype DB boolean flags for all installed Google applications
    • A convenient home screen brings together the suggested mods for the most used Google applications

Currently suggested mods​

• For the Phone application (link):
      • Force enable call recording feature, even on unsupported devices or in unsupported countries (ref)
        • Enable also automatic call recording ("always record") feature based on caller (otherwise only available in India)
      • Silence the annoying "registration has started / ended" call recording announcements (only on Phone version <= 94.x)
      • Force enable call screening and "revelio" (advanced automatic call screening) features, even on unsupported devices or in unsupported countries (ref)
        • Allows users to choose the language for call screening
    • For the Messages application (link):
      • Force enable debug menu (it can also be enabled without mods by entering *xyzzy* in the application's search field)
      • Force enable message organization ("supersort")
      • Force enable marking conversations as unread
      • Force enable verified SMS settings menu (ref)
      • Force enable always sending images by Google Photos links in SMS (ref)
      • Force enable nudges and birthday reminders (ref)
      • Force enable Bard AI draft suggestions ("magic compose") (ref)
      • Force enable smart features: spotlights suggestions (ref), stickers suggestions, smart compose (ref), smart actions (smart reply) in notifications
    And much more coming soon :)

Troubleshooting:​

• After enabling / disabling any mod, please force close and reopen a few times the Google application you are trying to tweak. You may also need to reboot for the changes to take effect.
    • Before to report an issue try to delete Google apps data, to reboot your phone and to try again what didn't work

Sources and releases​

Demo​

Demo GIF

Version 3.00 released!​

Release link: https://github.com/jacopotediosi/GoogleDialerMod/releases/tag/v3.00

Please be aware that this will be the last release under the GoogleDialerMod name. Soon, the project name will change to GAppsMod and the new repository link will become https://github.com/jacopotediosi/GAppsMod.​

Also updated the first post here on XDA.​

Changelog:​

• UX improvements:
      • New launcher icon, new Material3 UI and changed navigation from tabs to lateral menu
      • Implemented fastscroll to Boolean Mods screen
      • Refactored all layouts to improve accessibility and responsiveness
    • Features improvements:
      • Support for all Google Apps besides Phone: package selection with fastscroll and search functionality in the Boolean Mods and Revert Mods screens
      • New suggested mods for Messages app:
        • Force enable debug menu
        • Force enable message organization (supersort)
        • Force enable marking conversations as unread
        • Force enable verified SMS settings menu
        • Force enable sending images via Google Photos
        • Force enable nudges and birthday reminders
        • Force enable spotlights suggestions settings menu
        • Force enable smart compose settings menu
        • Force enable smart actions (smart reply) in notifications
        • Force enable suggested stickers settings menu
      • Arrangements to support more flag types in addition to boolean flags in the future
    • Performance improvements:
      • Migrated all SQLite operations to Libsu Root Services: now queries to the Phenotype DB are done in native Java via SNI
      • Finished migrating all filesystem operations to Libsu nio
    • Code maintenance improvements:
      • Updated dependencies
      • Split the code into folder and packages
      • Improved views and layouts reuse
      • Enforced hungarian notation to all code

Demo​

Demo GIF

Version 4.00 released!​

Release link: https://github.com/jacopotediosi/GAppsMod/releases/tag/v4.00

Please note that from this version onwards the app name changes to GAppsMod. If you had an older version of GoogleDialerMod installed, you will need to uninstall it manually.​

Also, the new repository link is https://github.com/jacopotediosi/GAppsMod.​

Also updated the first post here on XDA.​

Changelog:​

• UX improvements:​

• App name changed to GAppsMod
      • Fully implemented edge-to-edge fullscreen
      • Added themed app icon (monochrome)
    • Features improvements:​

• New suggested mods for Messages app:
        • Force enable magic compose (draft suggestions with Bard AI)
      • Remember last package searched in select package dialog
    • Code maintenance improvements:​

• Removed requestLegacyExternalStorage permission
    I would have a lot of work to do on GoogleDialerMod and very new nice stuffs to implement, because I discovered a lot of hidden features in a bunch of other Google Apps as well. Unfortunately, currently I just have no time :(
    Any suggestions to alleviate the stuck on dreaded 'Activating Hold For Me (requires Wifi)'

• Reinstalled app, rebooted
    • Removed app, install beta version, rebooted
    • Cleared cache, rebooted
    • De-selected all screening options, clear cache, rebooted
    • Used another dialer, set it to default, then set Google to default, rebooted
    • Removed all permissions, reboot, enabled all permissions, rebooted
    • Changed Wifi connection to Unmetered - to no avail.
    Please wait a future update of GoogleDialerMod.
    Hold for Me requires a particular method to be enabled and I've not implemented it yet. For some features it is not enough to simply change a switch :(