[MOD][ROOT] GoogleDialerMod

Search This thread

R0ttenB4ndit

Jun 23, 2016
Spam calls will be rejected automatically, unknown and numbers not saved will be recorded automatically if you enable the option "numbers not in your contacts" and for your contacts you need to manually add them to the list on "selected numbers"

Has anyone found a way to record known contacts without manually adding hundreds of them individually and furthermore as new ones are created?

user2332

Nov 2, 2019
Hi!
Where did you save the call conversation ?
It works "in principle" but I can't find the save.
AOSP, mi10 t Pro, VoidUI

Damionix

Jul 23, 2007
Houston/Katy, TX
I am unable to get Call recording to show up. I have done the Magisk Module and done the apk as well. Followed the steps over and over. Call recording still does not show up in Settings. I am using the latest google dialer that is a System app already.
I am running Syberia OS 5.5 on Redmi Note 10 Pro. Can anyone help guide me to how I can get this to work? I would rather use the built in one.

Thanks

RokCruz

Nov 18, 2014
Mexico
OnePlus 7 Pro
Also the call recording announcement is still being played.

I am unable to get Call recording to show up. I have done the Magisk Module and done the apk as well. Followed the steps over and over. Call recording still does not show up in Settings. I am using the latest google dialer that is a System app already.
I am running Syberia OS 5.5 on Redmi Note 10 Pro. Can anyone help guide me to how I can get this to work? I would rather use the built in one.

Thanks
Just force stop Google phone and clear cache(not data) after enabling the flags on the app

Reactions: Damionix

Damionix

Jul 23, 2007
Houston/Katy, TX
I had tried all that but it never showed up. Now it has, but the recording has no sound at all from either end. And the announcement happens each time I try to record. Any remedies? Thanks

user2332

Nov 2, 2019
Hello!

After some digging I've found out that the conversion of the dialer to system app using the old Titanium Root was not effective. Being aware of that detail I've started looking for alternative methods of systemizing apps and I discovered this, that uses a magisk module (app systemizer). After new attempt with this module, I can confirm now the call recording feature works as expected.

Thank you all for your contributions!

Cheers
Hi!
Last time I did it under crDroid.
Not this time, I don't understand why.
1. Download and install Magisk module dialer 1.03.
2. turn it into a system application, (magisk module you suggest)
3. make phone app settings.
Unfortunately the call recording does not appear :/

Hello!

After some digging I've found out that the conversion of the dialer to system app using the old Titanium Root was not effective. Being aware of that detail I've started looking for alternative methods of systemizing apps and I discovered this, that uses a magisk module (app systemizer). After new attempt with this module, I can confirm now the call recording feature works as expected.

Thank you all for your contributions!

Cheers
Can you install this as a system app without rooting the phone ?

RokCruz

Nov 18, 2014
Mexico
OnePlus 7 Pro
I had tried all that but it never showed up. Now it has, but the recording has no sound at all from either end. And the announcement happens each time I try to record. Any remedies? Thanks
This is how I made it work on riceDroid

1. Uninstall Google phone if you already have it installed
2. Install Termux, Magisk module AppSystemizer and Google dialer framework.
3. Download any 74.x beta version of Google phone(don't use the lastest from playstore), install it then rename it to phone.apk and put it on internal storage.
4. Open termux app and type su(grant root permissions) then type systemize and wait for a menu to show up.
5. In systemize menu select 3(systemize given APK) and
type /sdcard/phone.apk
Then select "2" priv-app
After finishing it should display "done" now reboot
7. Open Google phone, go to settings and go to next step
6. Install Google dialer mod.apk and open it
7. Enable call recording flags(main screen) and if you want to enable call screening go to "All switches" label and search for "speak easy" and enable all then search for screen and enable all.
8. Force stop Google phone and clear cache
9. Open Google phone and Call recording now's shows but maybe without additional options, call screen now shows and you need to open that setting and Let it configure(connected to wifi)
After the configuration ends just update it via playstore(I only tested with the beta version) and call recording will have more options.

Last edited:

aygul12345

Jan 14, 2011
Where is the recording being saved? I don't see anything that is being recording after enabled it...

aygul12345

Jan 14, 2011
Also tried magisk Google dailer mod, can't see that is being recording 0hone calls, does it have a menu or anything?

aygul12345

Jan 14, 2011
Force stop of the dailer did the trick.

How can I force record all incoming calls and outgoing calls to record?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Introduction​

In the last few days I have seen some posts (eg https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...rding-in-stock-dialer-app-root-needed.4321719 and https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/mod-root-enable-call-recording-on-google-phone.4278659/) that suggested how to unlock hidden features in Google Dialer, but they required delicate procedures such as manually edit files with sqlite or move/delete files in /data subfolders or install a patched Google Dialer apk.

So I decided to develop an app that allows to apply mods quickly and easily, with a convenient interface and compatible with future updates of the Google Dialer.

Features​

• Supports arm / arm64 / x86 / x86_64 devices
    • Enable / disable hidden features for all users when "multiple users" Android mode in enabled
    • Force enable call recording feature even with unsupported devices or in unsupported countries
    • Silence annoying call recording "registration has started / ended" sounds
    But the app is easily expandable and I plan to add more things in the near future.

Troubleshooting​

• After enabling / disabling any mod, please force close and reopen the Google Dialer app via Android settings a couple of times.
      You may also need to reboot for the changes to take effect
    • Before to report an issue try to delete Google Dialer app data, to reboot your phone and to try again what didn't work
    • If the app really doesn't seem to work for you, please try the Magisk module as well

Sources and releases​

Screenshots​

1630952218259.png
    1630952229045.png
    Hello, firstly thank you for your work. the recording seems to be working great.

- Which switch should be toggled to enabled auto recording of all calls? currently it works only manually.
    - Also, the magisk is v1.00 and apk is 1.03. Both are the same or which is more latest?
    - I'm kinda excited to try the call screen and hold for me feature? can anyone tell how to enable and use this?

- Edit: Also, if i make multiple calls to the same number, only the latest recording can be played from the call history screen. Is that correct? Edit2: Nevermind. Found this to be working fine
    - You can enable automatic call recording via Google Dialer Settings, in the "Call recording" submenu.
    - Yep, currently the version numbers are misaligned but there is no difference. I will eventually align the version numbers in future updates.
    - Regarding the call screen and hold for me, I have in my todolist to add them to GoogleDialerMod. At the moment you can enable them enabling following switches: "G__enable_atlas", "G__speak_easy_enabled", "G__enable_speakeasy_details", "G__speak_easy_bypass_locale_check", "G__speak_easy_enable_listen_in_button"
    miui system
    mod works for incoming calls. for outgoing it works 5 of 10 times (50%) .
    any solution. (google dialer settings "record all connections")

First of all You are a genius, to get it to work I had to perform ur troubleshooting tips many times and it eventually worked, Using Arrow A12 Stable Unofficial latest build on Poco F1, but there is some inconsistency regarding the automatic recording, can you do something do make it work everytime? and also can you tell any other switches in your app which are worthy of trying? Thnx a lot man for this.

Unfortunately, it is the call recording feature of the Google Dialer that is malfunctioning. Even on legitimate devices many times the recording crashes or is not saved.
    I think Google still has some work to do on call recording.
    I guess I shouldn't toggle any other switches as u didn't talked about it?
    Yep, I am not currently aware of any toggles that fix this problem.
    In the future I would like to document what each switch does but it is a time-consuming job.
    So the update worked allowing me to get into options. But after changing the setting and force stopping the phone app a couple of times, I don't see the recording option. I also deleted the app after modifying settings.
    You were right. There was another bug related to the new Android 11 Scoped Storage. I now released version 1.02 which should fix that too. I hope it will work for you this time. Sorry again for the inconvenience.