[MOD][ROOT] GoogleDialerMod

Search This thread

user2332

Nov 2, 2019
What do you use under A13 ?
I use Evo X V7 A13.
Google dialer: Magisk module (GoogleDialerMod-Magisk-v1.03).

If you use a module, could you describe how to upload it correctly ?
I watched a video.
I looked at the writing.
I read previous pages.
In the phone.apk the call recording does not appear.

user2332

Nov 2, 2019
It was solved.
But!
It only records when I hang up the call.
If the other party hangs up, it does not save, it does not record!
Is it the same for anyone else ?

user2332

Nov 2, 2019
Evolution X v7 A13.
Magisk modul: google dialer 1.03
Phone.apk (google phone) (Phone) version: 87.0468061598
When I record a call and the call is ended by me, the record is saved normally. When the call is ended by the called party, the call record is not saved. This need to be work like that? Is it normal?

The call log always contains only the last recorded conversation for the called party.
Where are the previous ones ?

After a system upgrade, the last recorded conversation disappears from the call log!
Anyone experienced this ?

//
BCR, I tried it, it works fine, but I need google dailer mod 1.03.

Last edited:

user2332

Nov 2, 2019
I leave the app as it was before, only the magisk mod installed. I get a call, I picked up, we speak and the call was ended by me and it wasn't saved. When I tested it before, it's worked. I deleted the mod and installed again and did some test call. Now I know, not every call is saved. But note like every 2nd or 3rd call is saved from 10 call, it's totally random. Sometimes all call saved from 10, sometimes just a few saved. Now it can save, when the call is ended by other party, but it's also completely random. Everyone write in this group, "it's works" or "it's not working", but I didn't find it's works completely or just partially. Please, if someone really use it, write me: this need to be fully working and every part need to be working? In my opinion, it's not fully working. Please read my previous feedback too. Where is the author/developer? Why he doesn't write?

RangerStam

Mar 27, 2013
I have going this to sort of work on P6P. Enables call recording (using the app, the magisk module endless it but can't play anything back). Silencing the announcement does not work. I've tried all sorts of ways including manually replacing the files and can't get it to actually not play

Reactions: sas46

sas46

Nov 26, 2013
Florence
I have going this to sort of work on P6P. Enables call recording (using the app, the magisk module endless it but can't play anything back). Silencing the announcement does not work. I've tried all sorts of ways including manually replacing the files and can't get it to actually not play
I can confirm that the call announcement disabler isn't working anymore

squidbutt

May 30, 2008
suffolk
Ive been using BCR 1.18.. it worked on android 13(pixel 6) with root..but I reverted to 12 and it still works perfect
tbh my biggest probelm is it raping my storage...I set it to delete recordings daily but it still doesnt..other than that it works perfect. My probelm aside it honestly works better than expected

Last edited:

user2332

Nov 2, 2019
It would be great if someone could update this version according to today's trends.
I understand that this old 1.03 still works today, but only partially, or with difficulty, or only for a few calls.
I think this is the best so far, there is no separate app.
However, it is a bit difficult to retrieve previously saved conversations with a caller (a person).

Top Liked Posts

Screen call is stuck on activating. How can I resolve that?
    Use the latest version of GoogleDialerMod. It has a "Enable Call Screen" switch in the Suggested Mods tab.
    Any suggestions to alleviate the stuck on dreaded 'Activating Hold For Me (requires Wifi)'

• Reinstalled app, rebooted
    • Removed app, install beta version, rebooted
    • Cleared cache, rebooted
    • De-selected all screening options, clear cache, rebooted
    • Used another dialer, set it to default, then set Google to default, rebooted
    • Removed all permissions, reboot, enabled all permissions, rebooted
    • Changed Wifi connection to Unmetered - to no avail.
    Please wait a future update of GoogleDialerMod.
    Hold for Me requires a particular method to be enabled and I've not implemented it yet. For some features it is not enough to simply change a switch :(
    You can try these tips as a short tutorial.
    Partially true. Tidepods switches are useful also. Just don't randomly disable them.

I'm still reversing the Google Dialer, but I can say:

"Xatu" is for Direct My Call feature.
    "Atlas" is for Hold for Me feature.
    "Speak Easy" and "Revelio" are for Call Screen feature (specifically, Revelio enables automatic Call Screening Filter).
    "Tiktok" and "Primes" are for analytics / monitoring Google Services.
    "Tidepods" is a synonim for "circular button" (e.g., the button to record calls is a "tidepod").
    "Call Screen" feature. Can't wait for the new release!
    It would be nice to have a tutorial on which flags should be turned on to enable other features, like "hold for me" and "direct my call".
    Direct My Call also working here. It also will be released in next few days.
    this has never worked on a samsung star2lte s9+ for me

Have you tried latest 1.04 version from Github? I haven't had time to update the thread here on XDA yet, but with last week's new update now GoogleDialerMod should work on all Android versions.
    Call screen option appears in the setting, but it is not working when there is an incoming call.

Call Screen or Call Recording?
    If you are talking about the "Call Screen" feature, I've been testing for a while (with good results) and I will release an update in a few days.

Introduction​

In the last few days I have seen some posts (eg https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...rding-in-stock-dialer-app-root-needed.4321719 and https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/mod-root-enable-call-recording-on-google-phone.4278659/) that suggested how to unlock hidden features in Google Dialer, but they required delicate procedures such as manually edit files with sqlite or move/delete files in /data subfolders or install a patched Google Dialer apk.

So I decided to develop an app that allows to apply mods quickly and easily, with a convenient interface and compatible with future updates of the Google Dialer.

Features​

• Supports arm / arm64 / x86 / x86_64 devices
    • Enable / disable hidden features for all users when "multiple users" Android mode in enabled
    • Force enable call recording feature even with unsupported devices or in unsupported countries
    • Silence annoying call recording "registration has started / ended" sounds
    But the app is easily expandable and I plan to add more things in the near future.

Troubleshooting​

• After enabling / disabling any mod, please force close and reopen the Google Dialer app via Android settings a couple of times.
      You may also need to reboot for the changes to take effect
    • Before to report an issue try to delete Google Dialer app data, to reboot your phone and to try again what didn't work
    • If the app really doesn't seem to work for you, please try the Magisk module as well

Sources and releases​

Screenshots​

1630952218259.png
    1630952229045.png
    Any suggestions to alleviate the stuck on dreaded 'Activating Hold For Me (requires Wifi)'

• Reinstalled app, rebooted
    • Removed app, install beta version, rebooted
    • Cleared cache, rebooted
    • De-selected all screening options, clear cache, rebooted
    • Used another dialer, set it to default, then set Google to default, rebooted
    • Removed all permissions, reboot, enabled all permissions, rebooted
    • Changed Wifi connection to Unmetered - to no avail.
    Please wait a future update of GoogleDialerMod.
    Hold for Me requires a particular method to be enabled and I've not implemented it yet. For some features it is not enough to simply change a switch :(
    Hello, firstly thank you for your work. the recording seems to be working great.

- Which switch should be toggled to enabled auto recording of all calls? currently it works only manually.
    - Also, the magisk is v1.00 and apk is 1.03. Both are the same or which is more latest?
    - I'm kinda excited to try the call screen and hold for me feature? can anyone tell how to enable and use this?

- Edit: Also, if i make multiple calls to the same number, only the latest recording can be played from the call history screen. Is that correct? Edit2: Nevermind. Found this to be working fine
    - You can enable automatic call recording via Google Dialer Settings, in the "Call recording" submenu.
    - Yep, currently the version numbers are misaligned but there is no difference. I will eventually align the version numbers in future updates.
    - Regarding the call screen and hold for me, I have in my todolist to add them to GoogleDialerMod. At the moment you can enable them enabling following switches: "G__enable_atlas", "G__speak_easy_enabled", "G__enable_speakeasy_details", "G__speak_easy_bypass_locale_check", "G__speak_easy_enable_listen_in_button"
    You can try these tips as a short tutorial.
    Partially true. Tidepods switches are useful also. Just don't randomly disable them.

I'm still reversing the Google Dialer, but I can say:

"Xatu" is for Direct My Call feature.
    "Atlas" is for Hold for Me feature.
    "Speak Easy" and "Revelio" are for Call Screen feature (specifically, Revelio enables automatic Call Screening Filter).
    "Tiktok" and "Primes" are for analytics / monitoring Google Services.
    "Tidepods" is a synonim for "circular button" (e.g., the button to record calls is a "tidepod").
    "Call Screen" feature. Can't wait for the new release!
    It would be nice to have a tutorial on which flags should be turned on to enable other features, like "hold for me" and "direct my call".
    Direct My Call also working here. It also will be released in next few days.