• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[MOD][ROOT] GoogleDialerMod

Search This thread

sasory

Feb 25, 2010
Kaliningrad

Introduction​

In the last few days I have seen some posts (eg https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...rding-in-stock-dialer-app-root-needed.4321719 and https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/mod-root-enable-call-recording-on-google-phone.4278659/) that suggested how to unlock hidden features in Google Dialer, but they required delicate procedures such as manually edit files with sqlite or move/delete files in /data subfolders or install a patched Google Dialer apk.

So I decided to develop an app that allows to apply mods quickly and easily, with a convenient interface and compatible with future updates of the Google Dialer.

Features​

• Supports arm / arm64 / x86 / x86_64 devices
  • Enable / disable hidden features for all users when "multiple users" Android mode in enabled
  • Force enable call recording feature even with unsupported devices or in unsupported countries
  • Silence annoying call recording "registration has started / ended" sounds
But the app is easily expandable and I plan to add more things in the near future.

Troubleshooting​

• After enabling / disabling any mod, please force close and reopen the Google Dialer app via Android settings a couple of times.
    You may also need to reboot for the changes to take effect
  • Before to report an issue try to delete Google Dialer app data, to reboot your phone and to try again what didn't work
  • If the app really doesn't seem to work for you, please try the Magisk module as well

Sources and releases​

Screenshots​

You are a magician! Thanks!! Pixel 4xl Android 12 beta 5 - everything works fine !!!

hallo dare

Jan 23, 2012
Thanks a million. One question though. Where do i find call recordings? I've gone through my files but cannot find the location, so i can't comment if this fully works just yet. Thanks

Edit: never mind. I see the recordings are stored within the call history. Great work. Thanks

Last edited:

andi_79

Feb 24, 2009
Thanks for the great app.

Just realized that its not automatically recording all calls. I have tried the app and the magisk module as well, both the same.
But when I do it manually its working fine.
I am running stock Oxygen 11 with root on Oneplus 9

thanks

Last edited:

inonosa

Nov 2, 2014
oneplus 7 OOS 10, not working after trying both the app and the magisk module...
BTW, does google dialer upload my contacts?
In the Features you mentioned
do you mean Call recording alert or something else?

Last edited:

av.pikhtin

Feb 25, 2019
Saint-Petersburg
Google pixel 5, Android 12.
The mod worked for several days.
After a while, I received a message that the recording was not available in my country.
Now the recording doesn't work. Reinstalling the mod didn't help.

Reactions: elong7681
Jan 20, 2019
Working on Pixel experience (PixelExperience_Plus_beryllium-11.0-20211012-0525-OFFICIAL.zip)
Android 11
Poco f1
I tried multiple method but this us the simplest and only working method I found. Thanks buddy.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello, firstly thank you for your work. the recording seems to be working great.

- Which switch should be toggled to enabled auto recording of all calls? currently it works only manually.
    - Also, the magisk is v1.00 and apk is 1.03. Both are the same or which is more latest?
    - I'm kinda excited to try the call screen and hold for me feature? can anyone tell how to enable and use this?

- Edit: Also, if i make multiple calls to the same number, only the latest recording can be played from the call history screen. Is that correct? Edit2: Nevermind. Found this to be working fine
    - You can enable automatic call recording via Google Dialer Settings, in the "Call recording" submenu.
    - Yep, currently the version numbers are misaligned but there is no difference. I will eventually align the version numbers in future updates.
    - Regarding the call screen and hold for me, I have in my todolist to add them to GoogleDialerMod. At the moment you can enable them enabling following switches: "G__enable_atlas", "G__speak_easy_enabled", "G__enable_speakeasy_details", "G__speak_easy_bypass_locale_check", "G__speak_easy_enable_listen_in_button"
    miui system
    mod works for incoming calls. for outgoing it works 5 of 10 times (50%) .
    any solution. (google dialer settings "record all connections")

First of all You are a genius, to get it to work I had to perform ur troubleshooting tips many times and it eventually worked, Using Arrow A12 Stable Unofficial latest build on Poco F1, but there is some inconsistency regarding the automatic recording, can you do something do make it work everytime? and also can you tell any other switches in your app which are worthy of trying? Thnx a lot man for this.

Unfortunately, it is the call recording feature of the Google Dialer that is malfunctioning. Even on legitimate devices many times the recording crashes or is not saved.
    I think Google still has some work to do on call recording.
    I guess I shouldn't toggle any other switches as u didn't talked about it?
    Yep, I am not currently aware of any toggles that fix this problem.
    In the future I would like to document what each switch does but it is a time-consuming job.
    Thanks for this mod.
    Managed to get it working on a Pixel 6 A12 using the app. The Magisk module fails to install.

Where does it store the recordings? Using root explorers and can not find them anywhere.
    Also OP, call recording option gets disabled once u merge calls to start Conference call, any hope of seeing a solution in future?
    The error just said "not installed" It could be because I was using a Canary version of magisk to be able to use magisk deny list. The apk worked so the magisk module wasn't necessery in my case.

The location of the recording on Pixel 6 with A12 is in a new partition ( for me) system_ex/priv-app.

The magisk error should be fixed with the new v1.03 release: https://github.com/jacopotediosi/GoogleDialerMod-Magisk/releases/tag/v1.03

I'm using on Oneplus 5 with Pixel Experience 11 un-rooted!

The way I enabled with a temporary root (booting temporary rooted boot image). But after toggling the settings i rebooted with the normal boot image.

Disabled location access for Phone app.

Recording option seems enabled.

The strange thing is that after a reboot it still seems enabled but no auto recording till i turn off and on again the switches.

Is this some bug? Why i need to switch off and on again to get it working?

Uhm maybe some cache problem. GoogleDialerMod tries to avoid this kind of issues but it's far from perfection.

Introduction​

In the last few days I have seen some posts (eg https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...rding-in-stock-dialer-app-root-needed.4321719 and https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/mod-root-enable-call-recording-on-google-phone.4278659/) that suggested how to unlock hidden features in Google Dialer, but they required delicate procedures such as manually edit files with sqlite or move/delete files in /data subfolders or install a patched Google Dialer apk.

So I decided to develop an app that allows to apply mods quickly and easily, with a convenient interface and compatible with future updates of the Google Dialer.

Features​

• Supports arm / arm64 / x86 / x86_64 devices
    • Enable / disable hidden features for all users when "multiple users" Android mode in enabled
    • Force enable call recording feature even with unsupported devices or in unsupported countries
    But the app is easily expandable and I plan to add more things in the near future.

Troubleshooting​

• After enabling / disabling any mod, please force close and reopen the Google Dialer app via Android settings a couple of times.
      You may also need to reboot for the changes to take effect
    • Before to report an issue try to delete Google Dialer app data, to reboot your phone and to try again what didn't work
    • If the app really doesn't seem to work for you, please try the Magisk module as well

Sources and releases​

Screenshots​

1630952218259.png
    1630952229045.png
    Hello, firstly thank you for your work. the recording seems to be working great.

- Which switch should be toggled to enabled auto recording of all calls? currently it works only manually.
    - Also, the magisk is v1.00 and apk is 1.03. Both are the same or which is more latest?
    - I'm kinda excited to try the call screen and hold for me feature? can anyone tell how to enable and use this?

- Edit: Also, if i make multiple calls to the same number, only the latest recording can be played from the call history screen. Is that correct? Edit2: Nevermind. Found this to be working fine
    - You can enable automatic call recording via Google Dialer Settings, in the "Call recording" submenu.
    - Yep, currently the version numbers are misaligned but there is no difference. I will eventually align the version numbers in future updates.
    - Regarding the call screen and hold for me, I have in my todolist to add them to GoogleDialerMod. At the moment you can enable them enabling following switches: "G__enable_atlas", "G__speak_easy_enabled", "G__enable_speakeasy_details", "G__speak_easy_bypass_locale_check", "G__speak_easy_enable_listen_in_button"
    I guess I shouldn't toggle any other switches as u didn't talked about it?
    Yep, I am not currently aware of any toggles that fix this problem.
    In the future I would like to document what each switch does but it is a time-consuming job.
    So the update worked allowing me to get into options. But after changing the setting and force stopping the phone app a couple of times, I don't see the recording option. I also deleted the app after modifying settings.
    You were right. There was another bug related to the new Android 11 Scoped Storage. I now released version 1.02 which should fix that too. I hope it will work for you this time. Sorry again for the inconvenience.
    Hi, I've tried both apk and magisk files and it isn't working for me. I have poco f3 with android 11 xiaomi.eu
    I have noticed that it does not work for me because Google Dialer is not a system application on my ROM (by default it comes with Miui Dialer). Can you make your apk work with the Google Dialer downloaded from the PlayStore?