[MOD][ROOT][LM-G710EM][MAGISK]v16

J0SH1X

Jan 3, 2014
Aachen
So we all know the g7 is an awesome phone but for it to be rly great we alwayxs need root and mods , now its possible, this is only for the G710EM Variant since the us one doesnt have a bootloader unlock yet

How To Root
1. Download this Boot.img
2. Reboot to fastboot and unlock your bootloader
3. Flash the new boot.img with the commands fastboot flash boot_a pathtoboot.imghere and then fastboot flash boot_b pathtoboot.imghere
4. Reboot and install Magisk Manager Apk
5.Enjoy Root
6.Profit

Credits
1.Me for efford and testing
2.Autoprime for the great dump of g7 boot.img
3.MarlonXX from G6 telegram group for patching boot.img with magisk manager on his rooted g6 for me
4.SGMarkus for help and nice suggestions​

Last edited:

nitroevo

Mar 7, 2014
Can you expand a bit more on how to do this please? This is my first lg phone so I am more used to the Samsung process

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 PM ----------

And also does this work for the American variant? I have the tmobile version.

J0SH1X

Jan 3, 2014
Aachen
Can you expand a bit more on how to do this please? This is my first lg phone so I am more used to the Samsung process

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 PM ----------

And also does this work for the American variant? I have the tmobile version.
im so sry this is right now only for the unlockable european variant

Reactions: noobtoob and mailm

nitroevo

Mar 7, 2014
I'd consider this far from nothing, but okay.

Nice work Josh
Well of course it is appreciated but it was already known that the bootloader can be unlocked on the European variant. So when at first I seen the title said g7 I was hoping it would work for the US variant too but then it was edited to European.

J0SH1X

Jan 3, 2014
Aachen
ive installed xposed and some other modifications with success , i spoke to someone we might get twrp soon , im not able to make it since they changed the way recovery works and idk how it works xD

Reactions: mailm

Ippolito1971

Jan 21, 2015
OZARK
This doesn't work on TMO-USA variant yet? Man that'd be sweet. I'll keep my OP6 as my DD but sure would love to unlock my G7.

Sent from my OnePlus6 using XDA Labs

simodf91

Jan 20, 2018
flash error

hello everyone, I made a mistake during the flash, I typed "fastboot flash boot patched_boot.img" and now the phone no longer receives calls. How can I flash stock boot image?