• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[MOD][ROOT][LM-G710EM][MAGISK]v16

Search This thread

J0SH1X

Jan 3, 2014
Aachen
So we all know the g7 is an awesome phone but for it to be rly great we alwayxs need root and mods , now its possible, this is only for the G710EM Variant since the us one doesnt have a bootloader unlock yet

How To Root
1. Download this Boot.img
2. Reboot to fastboot and unlock your bootloader
3. Flash the new boot.img with the commands fastboot flash boot_a pathtoboot.imghere and then fastboot flash boot_b pathtoboot.imghere
4. Reboot and install Magisk Manager Apk
5.Enjoy Root
6.Profit

Credits
1.Me for efford and testing
2.Autoprime for the great dump of g7 boot.img
3.MarlonXX from G6 telegram group for patching boot.img with magisk manager on his rooted g6 for me
4.SGMarkus for help and nice suggestions​

Last edited:

nitroevo

Mar 7, 2014
Can you expand a bit more on how to do this please? This is my first lg phone so I am more used to the Samsung process

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 PM ----------

And also does this work for the American variant? I have the tmobile version.

J0SH1X

Jan 3, 2014
Aachen
Can you expand a bit more on how to do this please? This is my first lg phone so I am more used to the Samsung process

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 PM ----------

And also does this work for the American variant? I have the tmobile version.

im so sry this is right now only for the unlockable european variant

Reactions: noobtoob and mailm

nitroevo

Mar 7, 2014
Great.. Got my hopes up for nothing. Guess I'm stuck with another phone with a locked bootloader

nitroevo

Mar 7, 2014
I'd consider this far from nothing, but okay.

Nice work Josh

Well of course it is appreciated but it was already known that the bootloader can be unlocked on the European variant. So when at first I seen the title said g7 I was hoping it would work for the US variant too but then it was edited to European.

J0SH1X

Jan 3, 2014
Aachen
ive installed xposed and some other modifications with success , i spoke to someone we might get twrp soon , im not able to make it since they changed the way recovery works and idk how it works xD

Reactions: mailm

segin

Mar 30, 2011
Springfield, MO
T-Mobile US version has bootloader unlocking.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-06-27-02-06-35.jpg
    Screenshot_2018-06-27-02-06-35.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 2,556

simodf91

Jan 20, 2018
flash error

hello everyone, I made a mistake during the flash, I typed "fastboot flash boot patched_boot.img" and now the phone no longer receives calls. How can I flash stock boot image?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So we all know the g7 is an awesome phone but for it to be rly great we alwayxs need root and mods , now its possible, this is only for the G710EM Variant since the us one doesnt have a bootloader unlock yet

How To Root
    1. Download this Boot.img
    2. Reboot to fastboot and unlock your bootloader
    3. Flash the new boot.img with the commands fastboot flash boot_a pathtoboot.imghere and then fastboot flash boot_b pathtoboot.imghere
    4. Reboot and install Magisk Manager Apk
    5.Enjoy Root
    6.Profit

Credits
    1.Me for efford and testing
    2.Autoprime for the great dump of g7 boot.img
    3.MarlonXX from G6 telegram group for patching boot.img with magisk manager on his rooted g6 for me
    4.SGMarkus for help and nice suggestions​
    10F Users pls try this boot image ive flashed the 10f kdz then switched slots booted twrp dumped the image and patched it

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=5862345805528060197

10F Users pls download this place it on your sdcard then boot into twrp (check the twrp thread for how to) then flash the boot.img using twrp (yes it can flash img files (google is your friend)) and then flash magsik 16.7 and tell me if it worked https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=5862345805528060198 , i cant test ti myself since im using custom builds of aokp and i dont want to reset my whole phone

So I made several test and I came up with a different way since using the beta TWRP is too difficult for me.
    I took the file you posted, which is the stock v10f boot.img, and I patched it with Magisk. So this is the patched file to flash: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WB-Z9Q-_LUMhbMbhL8Fr1HsiX9g_jH40/view?usp=sharing.
    I tried it myself and it works well :D.
    Considering all the failures reported earlier, I think it is important to point out that the patched boot.img MUST match the version that you have installed. So, the one in my post works ONLY for the v10f. The one in the first post by J0SHX1 works ONLY on the v10b. If you flash a not matching boot.img you get at least functioning issues (sounds,...) up to bootloops and no working devices.
    To the v10h users: I flashed both the v10f and v10h (finally found the kdzs) and I can say that are basically the same: same kernel 4.9.65; same security patch level: 1.07.18; same build number: 222-01. So if you want root I would suggest to flash the v10f kdz and the previous patched file to get root :D.
    I just tried this on my LMG710EM, and can verify that it works.
    I followed these instructions, which are pretty much the same as in the first post, but more verbose: https://www.theandroidsoul.com/lg-g7-root/

Things to consider:
    - Unlocking bootloader will wipe user data (and void your warranty)
    - Unlocked bootloader will show an extra "Device cannot be checked for corruption - lock bootloader" message when (re)starting the phone.
    - You will probably get an extra popup telling you that "There's an internal problem with your device. Contact your manufacturer for details" when the phone starts. This has something to do with build fingerprinting or something, but should be fixable somehow (a common issue, it seems). Still investigating.
    Here's the v10k patched boot.img. It doesn't have TWRP BTW.
    Edit: the link https://drive.google.com/file/d/19EDNuQggiGEKd0l7NvyTU99ThBraO8hU/view?usp=drivesdk