[MOD][ROOT][LM-G710EM][MAGISK]v16

evox_ita

Mar 17, 2015
Genova
marcomasotti.weebly.com
Well....tried with patched boot image but it goes in bootloop...
do i have to update unpatched version first? or whatelse...?

restored 10s patched img...nothing...it stucks on LG G7Thinq Logo with blinking blu led

HELpls!

update: now restored original 10s firmware. It was ok but no way to have magisk working.

Now official updating to 20s with lgbridge....let see what happen... then i'll try to flash patched 20s...

DONE!!! finally patched after official update through lgbridge... now on 20b with magisk working!

Hope this can be helpful for someone.

Last edited:

jonsat

Jun 24, 2009
Roma
@evox_ita: first upgrade to v20b, then flash v20b patched boot.img via fastboot. Install Magisk manager and you're rooted. :)

I have other question for the well informed. Magisk 19.3 is out... can I upgrade it via Magisk manager?
In other words, it is wise to patch the already patched boot?

Reactions: evox_ita

Resync

Jan 28, 2013
@evox_ita: first upgrade to v20b, then flash v20b patched boot.img via fastboot. Install Magisk manager and you're rooted. :)

I have other question for the well informed. Magisk 19.3 is out... can I upgrade it via Magisk manager?
yes that works fine

Reactions: evox_ita and jonsat

evox_ita

Mar 17, 2015
Genova
marcomasotti.weebly.com

Yes, i downloaded not patched version and i ptchd it with the new magisk. everything went fine

S1mon301

Sep 29, 2017
Padova
Problems with hotspots after root

Hi everyone.
I have a LG g7 with fw. v10s, following the thread I flashed magisk boot image and rooted the phone.
Everything seems to work fine except the wifi hotspot. I tried to find a solution with network reset but nothing. In the settings menu of the hotspot phone it is active but also that the mobile of the phone is turned off.
When I try to connect to the hotspot you can't get the IP address ..:confused:
Can someone help me please...
Thanks a lot
Translated with Google.

ser848

Sep 29, 2016
Hi everyone.
I have a LG g7 with fw. v10s, following the thread I flashed magisk boot image and rooted the phone.
Everything seems to work fine except the wifi hotspot. I tried to find a solution with network reset but nothing. In the settings menu of the hotspot phone it is active but also that the mobile of the phone is turned off.
When I try to connect to the hotspot you can't get the IP address ..:confused:
Can someone help me please...
Thanks a lot
Translated with Google.
Hotspot was not working for me when I had adAway enabled. Devices could connect but did not route properly.

Reactions: S1mon301

alex_under01

Nov 15, 2015
I was on stock Open EU Pie 20b.
I unlocked the bootloader and installed the Magisk boot and I am now rooted.
Except from the annoying warning while booting, and the fact that the phone performed a factory reset while unlocking it, without warning, everything is ok...

But I have 2 questions.
I want to follow the stock updates but be rooted too.

1) If there is a newer version (20c etc.) would there be a problem by installing it using LGUP as I did with the previous or the patched boot image could present a problem?
2) Now that I am rooted, can I re-lock the bootloader and stay rooted as well?

Last edited:
Reactions: vasquez

mprovi_15

Dec 7, 2015
Except from the annoying warning while booting, and the fact that the phone performed a factory reset while unlocking it, without warning, everything is ok...

But I have 2 questions.

1) If there is a newer version (20c etc.) would there be a problem by installing it using LGUP as I did with the previous or the patched boot image could present a problem?
You can install the new version through LG UP, but you will lose root and you will need to patch a stock 20c image with magic to have root again. Bootloader will not lock itself by installing a new version.
If you want to re-lock the bootloader you will need to flash the stock rom from the phone, therefore you will lose root and when you re-lock the bootloader the phone performs a factory reset.

Reactions: alex_under01

stel67

Jan 6, 2014
Athens

But I have 2 questions.

Can you please share the link for the magisk boot img for V20b-Eur-xx ?

Last edited:

zxzxzxzxzxzxzxzxzx

Apr 8, 2012
I was thinking about switching from a Note 9 to this but I see it's a locked bootloader for the USA. So, I won't be buying this phone, of course, unless bootloader can be unlocked or international version will work in the US. To me, if the bootloader is locked and/or it cannot be fully rooted, the phone is trash and worthless and I would never even think about buying it. I wouldn't even take a locked phone FOR FREE, I would simply sell it because a locked phone is worthless trash to me.