[MOD][ROOT][LM-G710EM][MAGISK]v16

Erpinoob

Oct 15, 2013
Brescia
Adaway does not work.
Tried systemless host from magisk, same at adaway, nothing.
What is the trick?
I use Adaway to change host file sistemlessly as explained here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk/magisk-unified-hosts-adblocker-t3559019/. It has always worked for me this far, sometimes I need to apply changes and build the new host file (& rebooting) twice before it starts working but then everything works well.

Inviato dal mio LM-G710 utilizzando Tapatalk

sri73ts

Apr 6, 2011
Bangalore
hi, did as above , got root on pie with magisk 19. small problem though. ...i was tooling around with the mixerpaths file in root system vendor etc. used root explorer to edit and save said file. no errors reported by root explorer. but when i reboot for changes to take effect the phone defaults to the original file... to summarize the file is not being saved even though the app reports otherwise. i have tried other apps similar to root explorer and the result is the same... any ideas on what i'm doing wrong here? ...

maybe this is the wrong thread or topic but i don't know where else to post this..
thanks

Jan 19, 2019
What is the appropriate way to obtain the unpatched boot image? Is it possible to extract the KDZ using something like Windows LG Firmware Extract Tool? Or is it necessary to have an Octoplus or some other way of doing the dump from the device?

Edit: I'm guessing it's possible to temporarily load TWRP using the "fastboot boot" command and then dump the bootloader via TWRP?

Edit 2: It can be extracted using the existing KDZ / DZ tools modified to handle the newer Zstd compression.

Last edited:

chirantantab

Sep 19, 2013
Burdwan
I cant magisk now!! previous 20b was working on 10p . now i did the same on Indian EMW ,several bootloop occurred, so fresh installed !! Now my version is 10X ..Cant Root ,Now I'm using Unlocked bootloader without Root access! Can anyone help me how to extact boot.img raw from original ROM file .