[MOD][ROOT][LM-G710EM][MAGISK]v16

kadyt

Sep 30, 2019
You said you were on 20b right?. Just flash original 20v and then update

Edit : 20b not 20v
Hello, I'm on 20c with Magisk, now 20d OTA fails, is the solution the same? i.e.: flash boot_20c.img, take 20d OTA and flash boot_v20d-magisk.img?

To flash boots, it was like this right?

adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash boot_a Boot.img
fastboot flash boot_b Boot.img
fastboot reboot

Thanks in advance

p.s.: Or should I just flash Magisk-uninstaller.zip and reboot and then I could take the OTA and then flash boot_v20d-magisk.img???

Last edited:

LameMonster82

Apr 15, 2017
localhost
Hello, I'm on 20c with Magisk, now 20d OTA fails, is the solution the same? i.e.: flash boot_20c.img, take 20d OTA and flash boot_v20d-magisk.img?

To flash boots, it was like this right?

adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash boot_a Boot.img
fastboot flash boot_b Boot.img
fastboot reboot

Thanks in advance

p.s.: Or should I just flash Magisk-uninstaller.zip and reboot and then I could take the OTA and then flash boot_v20d-magisk.img???
Yeah thats right you need to flash it back in order to update. Also you dont have any way of flashing magisk-uninstaller and it will still not allow you to update

Reactions: kadyt

ser848

Sep 29, 2016
To update I do the following:
1. Uninstall Magisk from Magisk manager restoring the original boot image.
2. Update.
3. Prepare or get a Magisk patched image of the newer firmware.
4. Boot this image in fastboot mode using the "fastboot boot imagefile.img" command.
5. Now you have verified that the image runs and you should have root access again. Run Magisk manager and install Magisk again(it will patch the firmware).

Using this method you allow the Magisk manager to manage the firmware patching without flashing any boot image that might not match your firmware and there's much less risk I believe to create any complications. I updated many times without an issue. Note that most likely it won't be possible to uninstall Magisk if you didn't use it's manager app to install it in the first place so you could use this method after you flash an original boot image that matches your firmware version (you could try to boot it first with the above command just to check it runs ok).

Reactions: kadyt

kadyt

Sep 30, 2019
Yeah thats right you need to flash it back in order to update. Also you dont have any way of flashing magisk-uninstaller and it will still not allow you to update
Thank you so much!

To update I do the following:
1. Uninstall Magisk from Magisk manager restoring the original boot image.
2. Update.
3. Prepare or get a Magisk patched image of the newer firmware.
4. Boot this image in fastboot mode using the "fastboot boot imagefile.img" command.
5. Now you have verified that the image runs and you should have root access again. Run Magisk manager and install Magisk again(it will patch the firmware).

Using this method you allow the Magisk manager to manage the firmware patching without flashing any boot image that might not match your firmware and there's much less risk I believe to create any complications. I updated many times without an issue. Note that most likely it won't be possible to uninstall Magisk if you didn't use it's manager app to install it in the first place so you could use this method after you flash an original boot image that matches your firmware version (you could try to boot it first with the above command just to check it runs ok).
I think we are describing the same procedure ;) Step 1 -> flash boot_20c.img, Step 2 ->take 20d OTA Steps 3 & 4 -> flash boot_v20d-magisk.img

Last edited:

gius0161

Jul 29, 2012
i've done an error. I've flashed v20d instead i've got v20b firmware. After bootloops, i've flashed v20b.img and i've still bootloops. how can i solve it?

EDIT: ok done it with a factory reset. now it boots up

EDIT2: also if i've flashed again boot_v20b.img, magisk was not installed.
I've also tried to reflash the firmware with LGUP, v20b one, but nothing

EDIT: Done with it: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=79744096&postcount=438

Last edited:

evox_ita

Mar 17, 2015
Genova
marcomasotti.weebly.com
Hi everyone... i tried to magisk original iso, flashed, but phone get mad. 2 reboot before starting, then no sounds at all.
Restored non patched iso, but still the same.. .it freezes on making or receiving calls...
Some suggestion?
It seems magisk patched iso image in some not good way. Restored original firmware 20e now, and no problems...but no root

khanfuze

Feb 16, 2009
Unfortunately, your device( Guatemala, (CLARO(CENTRAL AMERICA)), LMG710EM.CAO )does not support unlocking the bootloader. Your account will be locked if you enter the wrong information more than 9 times.
From LG site. I guess I can't root or flash?

terirem

Jul 4, 2014
Guys, I need help, I got into bootlop. My software version is v10p, I flashed original v10p boot (to be able to upgrade, I had Magisk previously) and got into a bootloop. How do I enter into fastboot mode to re-flash? (Previously I entered into fastboot via Magisk Manager shortcut.)

EDIT: Somehow I managed to get into fastboot mode, flashed v10p-boot, but it still does not boot. HELP! :)

EDIT: Somehow I managed to boot into v10p-magisk. Have no idea what happened or why. But I'll for sure won't try anything like this anymore. :/

Last edited:

crnkoj

Feb 16, 2011
In order to get bootloader unlock you need to type
"Fastboot OEM unlock unlock.bin" you already know that. The problem is that you need an unlock.bin witch is a combination of your IMEI and other info. Obviously we can't use this method of gaining any root access to the phone.
Our second option is to open a kdz file and put a pre-patched boot image and vbmeta image. We have them but opening the kdz file is the challenge here. In the kdz there's a dll file and a dz file. The dll file is used to recognize the phone in LG up and the dz file contains everything about the system. How do I know that? Simple, there's a LG g2 firmware extraction tool that was able to read the g7 kdz. The dll and the dz files can be extracted but nothing from the dz file (but there is still a list of everything that I contains). If you want to experiment with the kdz files there are 3 versions uploaded on my Google drive that's available for everyone.

Also to point out an "adb update" command doesn't exist but you probably mean "Fastboot update". That's why I got confused. We don't use "fastboot update". We use "fastboot flash" witch flashes individual partitions because we don't have an update zip that has everything.
Also the bootloader is not in the boot image nor a partition on the phone. It's embedded in the firmware and so far I haven't heard of anyone editing it.
Just to clarify, telling people that they are stuck without root doesn't make me happy. Im just a bit tired of telling people the same thing but I have to since there's no one else to do that. I really hope for someone to make a breakthrough and get root to other models. So far there are 4 developers that are dedicated to the phone and we definitely would benefit having more.
Also "fastboot OEM unlock critical" doesn't really help is that much. It's still not sure what exactly it gives us.

Really I have no idea how to help everyone who are with locked bootloader. If you want to help us or any type of help from us you can join j0sh1x telegram group.
Hi, how did you extract the vbmeta.img? I found the kdz extract tool, but as you said dz is an issue than.
I would like to try GSI on an LG g8s and need the vbmeta for it.
Thanks

TB18

Jul 23, 2008
Hello,
the thread is a bit older, in the meantime Android 10 has been delivered fresh from LG. Does anyone know where I can get the boot image V30b (V30b-EUR-XX)?

Many greetings Torsten

lefttobleed

Apr 20, 2010
Hello,
the thread is a bit older, in the meantime Android 10 has been delivered fresh from LG. Does anyone know where I can get the boot image V30b (V30b-EUR-XX)?

Many greetings Torsten
Use qfil to extract your own boot files and rename to .img.
Then patch it using magisk manager. Then flash them with fastboot.

ser848

Sep 29, 2016
Can someone post the unpatched boot for v30f? Is there a method for extracting the boot other than QFIL? I cannot get QFIL to work, the Qualcomm driver refuses to install. I was using kdztools previously but since android 10 it cannot extract the dz file.

ser848

Sep 29, 2016
The latest LG Firmware Extract tool did the trick , it can extract the .kdz. I don't know if it has to do with the latest security patches they did but with the 30f I lost the ability to use Google Pay. I will try to revert to 30b for the time being. Can someone point me out to the correct programmer that the G7 needs for QFIL to work?