[MOD][ROOT] Overclock your screen to 75hz refresh rate (other refresh rates later)

Search This thread

fireheart2008

Sep 24, 2013
i tried 75 hz on miui eu 11 | 9.12.27 weekly
not only NOT WORKING! but dropped to 38 fps

the 72hz same problem plus fingerprint doesn't work

i tested on 'fps test' app and the that website from the comments. same result

Last edited:

stainless88

Oct 13, 2018
i tried 75 hz on miui eu 11 | 9.12.27 weekly
not only NOT WORKING! but dropped to 38 fps

the 72hz same problem plus fingerprint doesn't work

i tested on 'fps test' app and the that website from the comments. same result

Did you turn on antiflicker mode? it works for me but sometimes i have to turn off on antiflicker mode but it needs to be on.

MatyiDenisz

Jul 19, 2018
Hey guys, is it safe to use 72 hz as a daily driver? I'm a little bit afraid so switched to 66,but 72 is just awesome

SethPDA

I flashed the 81 hz dtbo over Miui 11 latest global rom and now the device boots only into fastboot mode. Cannot boot into recovery, cannot boot into android. I am stuck.
I have TWRP backups, but how can I FIX my phone? Please help.

EDIT: I Already fixed the issue, but if someone else has this same issue, this is what I did:
I went to https://c.mi.com/oc/miuidownload/detail?guide=2 and I followed the instructions for my device and I fixed it.

Last edited:

Tugalhao

Aug 19, 2019
Flashed 81hz mod to MIUI 10.3.1 and it's working flawlessly without anti-flicker/DC dimming mode. Shouldnt it only work with anti-flicked/DC dimming mode enabled? Its very smooth, but it has a slight green tint effect on the screen that i've corrected. Only wish there were more files to test like 85-90hz+, still, overall awesome mod , thank you OP.

Last edited:
Reactions: MnMchill

frosty234

Sep 6, 2011
No changes for me at all.
Ttried the 72 Hz on xiaomi.eu 11.0.5.0 stable build but Hertz seems to stay at 60.

Badbunnykoko

Jan 10, 2019
Test on global miui rom

Hey,
I have tested both 75hz and 81hz mode onto my k20 pro running on miui global stable 11.0.3 firstly when i flashed 81hz the display works fine but with greenish tint at low brightness text and texture appears to be very grainy and so the picture quality same goes for 75hz too.
Backup from previous rom saved me.!
Is this rom gpu drivers aren't compatible..?
Or any other issue kindly guide.

Regards Koko

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This was released by a two Chinese developers ZhenXin(@realheart) and Andy Chang(@atomsand)

Current released mods: 75hz & 81hz (For Android 9) and 66hz/69hz/72hz (For Android 10)

Android 9 Mods Currently works/tested on:
    - Chinese dev rom 9.7.11 and below ONLY (xiaomi.eu weekly works too as it is based on the chinese dev rom)
    - Chinese stable rom 10.3.16 and below ONLY (xiaomi.eu stable works too as it is based on the chinese stable rom)
    - Global/Indian stable rom 10.3.3.0 - see here thanks @954wrecker
    - I tested it on xiaomi.eu 9.7.4 (imho the most stable version) on a China set K20 Pro 8gb+128gb
    - 75hz and 81hz both working perfectly
    - Minimal battery drain due to slight overclock from original(60hz) for the 75hz version, 81hz seems minimal as well

Android 10 Mods Currently works/tested on:
    - 9.8.15 working well​

Use it at your own risk! It is unknown if it causes any long term or temporary damage to the screen yet. (But since it uses the same screen as the mi9, which has the same mod released a while back, it should be fine!)

==================================
    USAGE INSTRUCTIONS

MAKE A BACKUP OF DTBO PARTITION FIRST!! (Two Methods choose one)
    >>>Via TWRP
    - Boot to TWRP
    - Select Backup
    - Select only the DTBO partition
    - Select storage location, click backup

>>>Via Lanthanum System Toolbox App
    - Download the attached Lanthanum System Toolbox.apk file, install the apk, then open it
    - Select partition settings from the hamburger menu
    - Select dtbo, make a backup of it (Export image)

FLASH THE MOD (Four methods choose one)
    >>>Via TWRP
    - Download the attached dtbo_K20P_75Hz_d2e98.img (or dtbo_K20P_81Hz.img)
    - Copy it to your thumbdrive or phone
    - Boot to TWRP
    - Select install
    - Select install image
    - Choose your image file
    - SELECT DTBO partition to flash the file to
    - Swipe to confirm flash!

>>>Via Fastboot
    - Connect phone(bootloader mode) to computer
    - Open up command prompt
    - Type fastboot devices to ensure device is connected
    - Type: Fastboot flash dtbo dtbo_K20P_75Hz_d2e98.img (or dtbo_K20P_81Hz.img)
    - Done!

>>>Via Lanthanum System Toolbox App
    - Download the attached Lanthanum System Toolbox.apk file, install the apk, then open it
    - Select partition settings from the hamburger menu
    - Select dtbo again, click flash image, and choose the dtbo.img file
    -Reboot

>>>Via Magisk module
    - Coming soon, will update once I downloaded it

You should see the changes immediately after the restart. It's way smoother than before.
    If you want to go back to default, flash your backed up dtbo image file either via fastboot or TWRP restore partiton

DOWNLOAD
    View attachment Lanthanum_System_Toolbox.apk
    For Android 9:
    View attachment dtbo_K20P_75Hz_d2e98.img
    View attachment dtbo_K20P_81Hz.img
    For Android 10:
    View attachment dtbo_K20Pro_(Q)_60hz.zip
    View attachment dtbo_K20Pro_(Q)_66hz.img
    View attachment dtbo_K20Pro_(Q)_69hz.img
    View attachment dtbo_K20Pro_(Q)_72hz.img
    Decided to invest some time and reverse engineer the patch real quick to see what makes it tick and what keeps it from working on Global units.

Turns out the whole dtbo.img is completely different.
    In fact, the dtbo.img of Global units is nearly double the size of the Chinese variants.

I quickly realized that getting this running on Global units (and maybe EEA?) would require people to provide their own dtbo.img (for whatever region their device is from), and apply this patch on top of it.

As part of that I created a simple patcher tool onto which you drag your dtbo.img file to get it patched to 81Hz, once done you'd just flash the patched dtbo.img.out file the tool spits out.

I'd provide the link but XDA is brutal about Patreon and other external links. For those that really want to find it though, it's easy enough just googling for my Black-Seraph username.
    Hello friends,

I've removed some posts with rude language and off topic discussion.
    Please keep in mind to discuss on topic and without offending others:)
    Please be friendly to members and report with prove/logs/facts instead of reply/engage without content.

I recommend to read the FORUM RULES.

Regards!

strongst
    Forum Moderator
    Just install immensity kernel and this dtbo and you will have 75hz working everywhere with no green tint and no need to disable hw overlays and DC anti flickering no frame drops and works with all ROMs.

Btw immensity kernel got no bugs at all now, boosts performance in an unbelievable way and is the only way to let this 75hz dtbo work properly on Raphael (tried with can based firmware Xiaomi.eu 11.0.5 and European global firmware, if you install this kernel the dtbo works , otherwise no way). This is actually the best way to have refresh oberxlocked with no issues

Finally it works with l1 hdr and netflix also, all problems solved, I suggest manually installing also dual speaker XML mixer files in system vendor etc folder setting permissions rw-r-r 0644 to enjoy the greatest possible experience

Use with root es file explorer to move files in root and set permission using the option properties

All files attached , dtbo must be unzipped and use the image to flash it through twrp

Also install in magisk 320kbps audio bitrate (normally is 96).

If you can install viper as well use it with tube amplifier convoiler with -14db master audio and you ll enjoy something exceptional

Of course need selinux switched on permissive, ADB and busybox installed, audio modification library then install viper drivers and set it as you like, if driver installation fails try and retry , maybe unchecking in magisk modules the aml
    Does this mod make only the screen refresh more frequently or does this mean the touch screen digitizer also samples more frequently?

At launch the digitizer was touted to be 180hz, it was throttled to 60hz in newer firmware.
    This mod increases the touch frequency to match the response rate (either 75 or 81)
    OHNUqDc.jpg

You can test yours using this app: View attachment dc.xyn.touchrequency1.2.apk

Would i work on further versions of miui if someone managed to port the adreno drivers?

Yup, the dev is working on porting adreno drivers so it can be used on newer eu weeklies/newer china dev rom