[MOD][ROOT] Overclock your screen to 75hz refresh rate

Search This thread
Feb 18, 2015
Maybe late on this thread but I just flashed it on my Mi 9T with Lineage OS 17.1 (android 10 on it) seems stuck at boot logo screen.

I'll update you guys soon if I fix it

Jackboy2

Dec 15, 2020
Well is it working on custom ROMs?
I flashed this MOD on Xtended, but after that it brought me back to Fastboot. So i restore the DTBO and it successfully boot up.
Any similar condition?

nexigamer

Dec 13, 2021
Hello! I found this mod to be very interesting and wondering what values you tweaked to get such results. Is this mod replicatable on other phone brands? I am hoping to use this mod on my Infinix hot 10 play.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Edit:
    Some news sites report this mod is made by other developers, but I actually made it myself, at least for the Mi 9T / K20.

Hi everyone! I was able to reverse engineer the mod used on Mi 9 and K20 Pro and apply it to the K20.

The mod works, but is not "the cleanest solution" since it's hardcoded. I'm currently working on compiling a cleaner mod. Since the mod is based on the MIUI.eu stable version 10.3.12, it's suggested to use it only on this one for now. You can try on other previous versions, but in case of fails revert back to backup.

I'm copying the instructions from the K20 Pro thread:

- 75hz working perfectly
    - Minimal battery drain due to slight overclock from original(60hz)

Use it at your own risk! It is unknown if it causes any long term or temporary damage to the screen yet. (But since it uses the same screen as the mi9, which has the same mod released a while back, it should be fine!)

==================================
    USAGE INSTRUCTIONS

MAKE A BACKUP OF DTBO PARTITION FIRST!! (Two Methods choose one)
    >>>Via TWRP
    - Boot to TWRP
    - Select Backup
    - Select only the DTBO partition
    - Select storage location, click backup

>>>Via Lanthanum System Toolbox App
    - Download the attached Lanthanum System Toolbox.apk file, install the apk, then open it
    - Select partition settings from the hamburger menu
    - Select dtbo, make a backup of it (Export image)

FLASH THE MOD

>>>Via Fastboot
    - Connect phone(bootloader mode) to computer
    - Open up command prompt
    - Type fastboot devices to ensure device is connected
    - Type: Fastboot flash dtbo dtbo_mod_75hz.img
    - Done!

You should see the changes immediately after the restart. It's way smoother than before.
    If you want to go back to default, flash your backed up dtbo image file either via fastboot or TWRP restore partiton

DOWNLOAD (extract the two files *.img and the apk)

View attachment Mod.zip
    thank you very much for 75Hz mod!
    It works great on my Mi9T :) I can see that 81hz mod is out for Pro model, would you like to have a look at it and maybe make it work for our model? :good::good::good:

I'm waiting to go that high for now. I want to see first how high the K20 Pro can get and if there are any negative effects. Once there are enough feedbacks, I will release a higher frequency version. For now I think 75Hz is a good compromise.
    For those who are like me and get stuck on boot screen and can only get into fastboot, download this stock dtbo then run:
    Code:
    fastboot flash dtbo dtbo_davinci_stock.img
    I think it might just be a screen defect. These cheap OLED screens have tons of issues. OLED isn't as amazing as some of you guys think.

Considering these artefacts are not present on anything other than certain screens, where MIUI is apparently applying some sort of blur effect/overlay to the background... I guess it's safe to say - it's neither this mod nor the panel itself, which cause this issue.

For testing purposes I took this particular wallpaper, applied approximately the same level of blur in PS, uploaded it to my device again and voilà: no artefacts.
    Ergo, the panel (even with this mod) has no troubles displaying gradients correctly - it's the MIUI "blur effect" on certain screens (also happens on the dialer interface, when you receive a call).
    Nice done dude.
    I'm pretty curious about this mod.
    Can I pm you to get some info about it?

Why not ask here?