[MOD][ROOT] Overclock your screen to 84HZ

Search This thread

G4B33

Jul 9, 2015
Use it at your own risk! It is unknown if it causes any damage to the screen yet. I'm currently testing it for a month now, no issues yet. It should work in any MIUI or non MIUI based ROMs (Don't flash it on any Q ROMs, it is reported that it will bootloop!).

-Download the attached dbto.img, Lanthanum System Toolbox.apk file, install the apk, then open it
-Select partition settings from the hamburger menu
-Select dtbo, make a backup of it (Export image)
-Select dtbo again, click flash image, and choose the dtbo.img file
-Reboot

You should see the changes immediately after the restart. It's way smoother than before.

If you want to go back to default, flash your backed up dtbo image file.

Screenshot-2019-06-22-18-26-02-646-com-finalwire-aida64.jpg

Source: https://www.miui.com/thread-2493430-1-1.html

Attachments

• dtbo.img
    2.5 MB · Views: 28,978
Last edited:

G4B33

Jul 9, 2015
I'm currently using this mod, I'm gonna report back if I found anything unusual. Feel free if you have any questions.

Edit: The screen has a greenish tint in the dark gray colors, if the brightness is set to low.

Edit2: After using for 2 days, I couldn't find any problems, no screen burnin, or anything so far, only the greenish tint on darker areas. Some users are reporting that they don't have this tint at all.

Edit3: I'm using it for a month now. No issues so far (besides the greenish tint)

Last edited:

terron66

Dec 23, 2014
Use it at your own risk! It is unknown if it causes any damage to the screen yet. I'm currently testing it on xiaomi.eu 9.6.13, it should work in any MIUI based ROMs.

-Download the attached dbto.img, Lanthanum System Toolbox.apk file, install the apk, then open it
-Reboot

You should see the changes immediately after the restart. It's way smoother than before.

I found this mod here: https://www.miui.com/thread-24921430-1-1.html
Many people from that forum using it for 3-4 days, and they didn't report any damage to the screen.

All credits go to the MIUI forum thread creator.
It works, animations fcking smooth

Reactions: duttyend

dr4gony0shi

Sep 13, 2012
I have a EEA mi 9 with latest xiaomi.eu dev and the application crash when I try to flash the .img file.

fp1707

Feb 25, 2016
Los Angeles
I have a EEA mi 9 with latest xiaomi.eu dev and the application crash when I try to flash the .img file.
I found that this may be caused by the file manager u use. I'm on Pixel Experience and using the default file manager made it crash. But when I used Xiaomi file manager, it worked.

But besides, wow, this smoothness is amazing. Works just great in Pixel Experience ROM ?

Sent from my Xiaomi MI 9 using XDA Labs

Reactions: Narendra Rudach

dada124

May 29, 2018
what is the model name of the panel used in the mi 9? Maybe at the vendor page we can find out if it's officially designed to run with 84 hz.
Awesome work so far!

Reactions: Radeeven and fp1707

denzel09

Jun 28, 2009
Teheran
I'm currently using this mod, I'm gonna report back if I found anything unusual. Feel free of you have any questions.

Edit: The screen has a greenish tint in the dark gray colors, if the brightness is set to the lowest.

How is the battery with this mod?

The greenish tint is also with stock dtbo?

Daenjel

Feb 21, 2017
Oaxaca City
what is the model name of the panel used in the mi 9? Maybe at the vendor page we can find out if it's officially designed to run with 84 hz.
Awesome work so far!

How do I check that? I'm curious...
Also, I'll try this mod for a couple of days, so far seems smooth but with a little bit of more battery consumption, a yellowish-like tint overall affecting every color calibration config. that I could try, and a greenish tint on low brightness over dark/gray areas.

Reactions: lois2k8

Mohammed779

Dec 28, 2012
There is no need to use that apk.

Just flash the img in twrp to dtbo.

OC works well, been using it for few hours.

fp1707

Feb 25, 2016
Los Angeles
This really messes with the colours. The options in PUBG become see through and greenish. Also PUBG seems to lag a bit when it's set to 84Hz. But PUBG taking a big hit because of this mod and hence I had to revert back. Although just going thru android felt so much better.

Sent from my Xiaomi MI 9 using XDA Labs

Reactions: icy_acetic

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Use it at your own risk! It is unknown if it causes any damage to the screen yet. I'm currently testing it for a month now, no issues yet. It should work in any MIUI or non MIUI based ROMs (Don't flash it on any Q ROMs, it is reported that it will bootloop!).

-Reboot

Screenshot-2019-06-22-18-26-02-646-com-finalwire-aida64.jpg

Source: https://www.miui.com/thread-2493430-1-1.html
    I'm currently using this mod, I'm gonna report back if I found anything unusual. Feel free if you have any questions.

Edit: The screen has a greenish tint in the dark gray colors, if the brightness is set to low.

Edit2: After using for 2 days, I couldn't find any problems, no screen burnin, or anything so far, only the greenish tint on darker areas. Some users are reporting that they don't have this tint at all.

Edit3: I'm using it for a month now. No issues so far (besides the greenish tint)
    One step closer to make downloadable RAM.
    I wouldn't ask for any phone cause obviously this only works because of hardware compatibility, just did for the Mi 9 SE cause they are from the same family... except for the processor and some minor changes the Mi 9 and Mi 9 SE are pretty identical on the specs. So... asking doesn't hurt. :)
    People just dont read anymore...the question has been asked many times....

But hey it's just easier to ask again... And someone wil answer the question over and over again.. Lazy people these days.
    Not everyone have this issues... You're saying as a fact for everyone... Me and a lot of users don't have any of this issues (if you even bother to read posts you'll know), and we're looking for a reason why...

Happily using this mod without any drawbacks or side-effects.... Cheers

Would you relax a little? Holy Jesus Christ.
    He just stated his opinion which we all can do, it didn't"sound" to me he was saying it as a fact.