[MOD][S-OFF] Splash Screen Collection for HTC One M9

Search This thread

SoLdieR9312

Sep 22, 2012
NRW
splash_screen_collection.png

Hey guys,

do you want to customize your HTC One M9 with some unique Bootsplash?

I've made some Splashscreens for you, most of them are my personal style,
but i will take requests and add them to the collection.

ATTENTION: S-OFF is required! Do not flash with S-ON!
You flash it at your own risk, as always!
International HTC One M9 tested.
[android-info.txt from 1.40.401.8 is used for flashing]

Instructions:

1. Download your desired splashscreen
2. Put it into your fastboot folder
3. Reboot phone to Download mode.
4. fastboot flash zip splashfilename.zip
5. fastboot reboot
6. Have Fun

Last edited:

SoLdieR9312

Sep 22, 2012
NRW
own_splashscreen.png

1. Download SplashFlasher_1.0.zip by TrueBlue_Drew
2. Extract SplashFlasher_1.0.zip
3. Put your 1080x1920 image into the "place-image-here" folder.
4. Run CLICK-HERE.bat
5. Press Enter
6. Now press 2 / 3 or 4 to convert your jpg, png or bmp to custom.img
7. Go to "place-image-here" folder, rename custom.img to splash1.nb0
8. Download the example splash screen zip here
9. Open the zip file via double click, copy your own splash1.nb0 into the zip (replace the existing one or remove before adding the new one)
10. Now put your own splash zip into fastboot folder and flash in download mode via instructions in post #1

Last edited:

SoLdieR9312

Sep 22, 2012
NRW
Will M8 splash screens work on M9? I know display is the same, but I'm wondering about any other deviations in the splash partition.

The M8 splash flashable for recovery is not working anymore, it says no android-info.txt, the RUU flashable should will work,
if you have the file splash1.nb0 and android-info.txt from M9.

Last edited:
Reactions: jbfountain

Rsotbiemrptson

Nov 3, 2006
Samsung Galaxy S22 Plus
The M8 splash flashable for recovery is not working anymore, it says no android-info.txt, the RUU flashable should will work,
if you have the file splash1.nb0 and android-info.txt from M9.

Hello,
Sucks to hear that the recovery zips aren't work. Never heard of a recovery asking for an android-info.txt before, could adding one to the recovery zip help? Do you think using another partition like data instead of cache would help? Maybe @Captain_Throwback can look at this.
Thanks,

Rsotbiemrptson

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
Hello,
Sucks to hear that the recovery zips aren't work. Never heard of a recovery asking for an android-info.txt before, could adding one to the recovery zip help? Do you think using another partition like data instead of cache would help? Maybe @Captain_Throwback can look at this.
Thanks,

Rsotbiemrptson
I'm sorry, what are we talking about, here? Recovery-flashable zips don't include android-info.txt files. I think I need more information.

Rsotbiemrptson

Nov 3, 2006
Samsung Galaxy S22 Plus
I'm sorry, what are we talking about, here? Recovery-flashable zips don't include android-info.txt files. I think I need more information.

Hello,
I'm on the same page as you. The OP said that when the splash zips are flashed through recovery it asked for an android-info.txt file. I was under the impression it used the updater-script and the dd method to flash the splash. Thought you might have some insight to this, know the M9 is different, but thought recovery is the same. Not sure what else I can give you. Here is the updater-script for the zips I have, maybe his are different.

From my M8, obviously the partition is different, think it is 15.
ui_print("Update boot splash");
show_progress(0.100000, 0);
ui_print("Mounting /cache");
run_program("/sbin/busybox", "mount", "/cache");
show_progress(0.300000, 0);
ui_print("Extracting boot splash");
package_extract_dir("cache", "/cache");
show_progress(0.500000, 0);
ui_print("Replacing boot splash");
run_program("/sbin/busybox", "dd", "if=/cache/splash.565", "of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p12");
show_progress(0.700000, 0);
ui_print("Deleting temporary file");
delete("/cache/splash.565");
show_progress(0.900000, 0);
ui_print("Unmounting /cache");
unmount("/cache");
ui_print("Done");
show_progress(1.000000, 0);

Thanks,
Rsotbiemrptson

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
Hello,
I'm on the same page as you. The OP said that when the splash zips are flashed through recovery it asked for an android-info.txt file. I was under the impression it used the updater-script and the dd method to flash the splash. Thought you might have some insight to this, know the M9 is different, but thought recovery is the same. Not sure what else I can give you. Here is the updater-script for the zips I have, maybe his are different.

From my M8, obviously the partition is different, think it is 15.
ui_print("Update boot splash");
show_progress(0.100000, 0);
ui_print("Mounting /cache");
run_program("/sbin/busybox", "mount", "/cache");
show_progress(0.300000, 0);
ui_print("Extracting boot splash");
package_extract_dir("cache", "/cache");
show_progress(0.500000, 0);
ui_print("Replacing boot splash");
run_program("/sbin/busybox", "dd", "if=/cache/splash.565", "of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p12");
show_progress(0.700000, 0);
ui_print("Deleting temporary file");
delete("/cache/splash.565");
show_progress(0.900000, 0);
ui_print("Unmounting /cache");
unmount("/cache");
ui_print("Done");
show_progress(1.000000, 0);

Thanks,
Rsotbiemrptson
Best to use symlink versus block device, so the output file path should be /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/sp1 to be safe. But I don't see why that wouldn't work (outside of any incompatibilty between the devices).

Rsotbiemrptson

Nov 3, 2006
Samsung Galaxy S22 Plus
Best to use symlink versus block device, so the output file path should be /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/sp1 to be safe. But I don't see why that wouldn't work (outside of any incompatibilty between the devices).

Hello,
So I tried made the change you suggested and it didn't work. I didn't get any errors, that I noticed, but was hoping you could look at the log and see if I missed something.
Thanks,

Rsotbiemrptson

Attachments

• last_log.txt
    16.8 KB · Views: 31

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
Hello,
So I tried made the change you suggested and it didn't work. I didn't get any errors, that I noticed, but was hoping you could look at the log and see if I missed something.
Thanks,

Rsotbiemrptson
Are you S-OFF?

The zip itself appears to be fine, but you can't flash a splash on an S-ON device, unless it's in an HTC-signed zip. That hasn't changed.

Top Liked Posts