Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Zarboz

Known Scammer
Mar 5, 2009
Denver
Here is an installer for the extra wifi partitions from the ota :D

DISCLAIMER: We, Team Blackout, Nor myself are responsible for bricks broken devices
lost souls zombie attacks sudden death missing alarms for work and or shorter lifespan of your device
should you choose to overclock it does break manufacturer specs. By downloading and using this software you agree
that You, the end user, are 100% responsible for any and everything that may happen after use
that being said.. Have fun

just flash in recovery if you have hboot 1.09 or lower

i am posting for those who might want to see if they get a boost in reception or i noticed a bit less battery drain here

Last edited by a moderator:

PeQuEsan

Nov 13, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Tab S3
Google Pixel 3
I didn't know there were extra partitions, out of radio, hboot, boot, recovery, and system/data ROM/user ones...

So these also get updated with JB OTA? Any more partitions? I would like to leave my phone closest to stock JB OTA, but manually, using old 1.06 hboot, and flashing all needed partitions and your deodexed and rooted Rom.

Thanks.

Desde el móvil...

Darknites

Jul 2, 2011
I didn't know there were extra partitions, out of radio, hboot, boot, recovery, and system/data ROM/user ones...

So these also get updated with JB OTA? Any more partitions? I would like to leave my phone closest to stock JB OTA, but manually, using old 1.06 hboot, and flashing all needed partitions and your deodexed and rooted Rom.

Thanks.

Desde el móvil...

You can downgrade on 1.15 so there one way to get every part and still keep 1.06 but there is other .img files but don't think they really matter, only 2 in this zip and radio.img.

PeQuEsan

Nov 13, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Tab S3
Google Pixel 3
Yes I know I can still downgrade after applying JB OTA, but it's a little bit risky itself, and I don't want to add extra difficulties by upgrading before downgrading back... :)

Anyway... I'll think a bit more what to do... The cleanest way is doing what you say, obviously... :)

bye!

Darknites

Jul 2, 2011
Yes I know I can still downgrade after applying JB OTA, but it's a little bit risky itself, and I don't want to add extra difficulties by upgrading before downgrading back... :)

Anyway... I'll think a bit more what to do... The cleanest way is doing what you say, obviously... :)

bye!

Ya same here I think I just do the extra partitions.

mdiaz33685

Feb 20, 2009
Tampa, FL
I really don't think this is necessary.... I have made my own rom, and flashed a few times...

feels so good not to flash the partition fix..... switching roms, from ver 2.31 2.35 2.40 I had to keep flashing those darn partition fixes...

with this update, they fixed it, YES, THANKS HTC...

Zarboz

Known Scammer
Mar 5, 2009
Denver
I really don't think this is necessary.... I have made my own rom, and flashed a few times...

feels so good not to flash the partition fix..... switching roms, from ver 2.31 2.35 2.40 I had to keep flashing those darn partition fixes...

with this update, they fixed it, YES, THANKS HTC...

I noticed much improved reception ony ics Rom

Sent from my HTC One S using xda app-developers app

jac10000

Feb 5, 2012
Troyes
I flash it and I notice a better reception. But if I flash another Rom or radio, I have to flash again this extra Wi-Fi partition/firmware ?

solidus636

Jan 3, 2009
so many i'm not looking closely enough, but what in the world do we do if i have an hboot version of 1.14 and i do not want to downgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is an installer for the extra wifi partitions from the ota :D

DISCLAIMER: We, Team Blackout, Nor myself are responsible for bricks broken devices
    lost souls zombie attacks sudden death missing alarms for work and or shorter lifespan of your device
    should you choose to overclock it does break manufacturer specs. By downloading and using this software you agree
    that You, the end user, are 100% responsible for any and everything that may happen after use
    that being said.. Have fun

just flash in recovery if you have hboot 1.09 or lower

i am posting for those who might want to see if they get a boost in reception or i noticed a bit less battery drain here
    Em em ya that's a good point how do we know if this worked if wifi was working anyway?

no idea on that one :p

you could cat the partition and compare the code

or you can md5sum the partition against the IMG
    Thread closed due to OP's grossly unethical conduct unbecoming of an XDA Developer.
    Please check my public drop box. I have a complete partition list in there.
    You can go to the super CID thread or the brick downgrade thread to learn how to "dd" a partition to sd card. You can, if you launch adb shell on the host pc, also directly dd them to the pc.

DropBox: http://db.tt/GIE1KyoU

[EDIT]
    You can also launch any RUU, then go to TEMP while it waits for your input, then find its extraction folder (use process explorer to find out if you like) and in there you will find the ROM.zip. if you open that it will have an image of each partition in there.
    That's how we obtain the Wi-Fi partitions. Them are called adsp and wcnss.

sent from a phone
    is it for only Sense based or for both ??

Sense only

Sent from my EVO using xda app-developers app