[MOD] S9/S9+ - TWRP+MAGISK - Volume Gain - Exynos&Snapdragon -ROOT ONLY- (23/03/2018)

Search This thread
Hello Everyone,
I hope you all are great...

It is sad that the thread got 1 Star rating before even getting the chance of doing something good, well I'll fight my way up...

Snapdragon doesn't have Root, but hopefully in the future it will...
This thread isn't for how to TWRP/Magisk,Bootloader unlock or Root...

PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR FEEDBACKS IN ORDER TO IMPROVE THE MOD...
Don't Forget to say :good: THANKS :good:

EXYNOS: I have made SoundMod Magisk Module by Modifying mixers_path.xml & mixers_gain.xml provided by mkc1130 via his system dump...
SNAPDRAGON: Waiting for either system dump or someone with snapdragon device :D

XDA-Forum-Moderator @TheMadScientist have reopened the thread, thank you...

!!! ALWAYS MAKE BACKUP OF YOUR FILES BEFORE REPLACING THEM !!!
If you didn't, no worries I have Attached Original Mixers as Backup (EXYNOS & SNAPDRAGON <-- snappy coming soon)...
first get ROOT :laugh: then proceed below
You can Use it with MAGISK
or
Flash it with TWRP, Snapdragon can use Flashfire (Snappy coming soon)
or
Just extract the MANUAL and place the mixers in your system/vendor/etc (since you chose Manual, make a backup, even though I put original mixers online) & set permissions to 644 (rw-r--r--) ...
reboot...

Let me know if you face any issues...
SNAPDRAGON MOD Status:
Not yet, not yet, maybe in a month or two ... or as soon I get the files, BOOM it will be here :victory:

EXYNOS Module Status: being tested
V1 - > Initial release, Tested & Stable...

VERY VERY VERY IMPORTANT NOTICE:
READ TO THE END...
This MOD shouldn't be used with any Equalizers, until it has been tested, even though I used MAX default values Available in the mixer, I don't want your brand new phone earpiece to be blown...
After installing the MOD, mute your phone, play a music, gradually increase the volume level till you reach the max, while doing that if you notice Any Noise/crackles/unclear sound from the earpiece, STOP increasing the volume, decrease it and report back please so I'd adjust the volume level...

Volume Adjust
(I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE):
  • SNAPDRAGON: to Adjust: (coming sooooooon :silly:)
  • EXYNOS: to Adjust in mixer_gains.xml:
    Code:
    	<path name="gain-media-dual-speaker"> <!--Speaker, Stereo Dual-Channels-->
    		<ctl name="SPK Analog Left Gain" value="15dB" /><!--Speaker default for left channel-->
    		<ctl name="SPK Analog Right Gain" value="15dB" /><!--Speaker default for right channel, Earpiece-->
    	</path>
    	<path name="gain-media-headset"> <!--Headphones, Everything is default-->
    		<ctl name="HPOUT2L Impedance Volume" value="107" />
    		<ctl name="HPOUT2R Impedance Volume" value="107" />
    		<ctl name="HPOUT2L Input 1 Volume" value="32" />
    		<ctl name="HPOUT2R Input 1 Volume" value="32" />
    	</path>
    Values for the speaker:
    15dB is the default and from what it seems the earpiece should be as strong as the speaker to be able to have equal value, but I'd still say be cautious...
    In many cases, the increase is safe up-to 6dB anything above that is Dangerous... 6 may look small but in terms of Sound, decibels are measured on a logarithmic scale..
    say we have 10 dB and 18dB, the percentage from 18dB to 10dB would be about 83% sound decrease...
    now back to the value, it looks so small, 15 dB is barely hearable, yes, but that's not the actual value but additional value...
    in other words, 15dB+ to the current Volume...

Values for Headphones:
    Gradually Change value="32" to whatever you desire upto 60, SAFEZONE is 45, if you hate yourself and ears, go above that :silly:...
    as well value="107" upto 140, SAFEZONE is 120 as I said if you hate go up :silly:...
SAFEZONES are Approximated by me, So Gradually increase your volume to the max, make sure the sound is clean, don't set it to the max limit, some music are amplified by default, which playing them will damage the speakers, just be reasonable...

Again I Say Please, your Feedbacks are important for futuristic updates to improve the MOD...

Last edited:
(23/03/2018)
--- initial release, sorry for the link delay...
(19/03/2018)
--- TWRP updated again, it won't overwrite the backup if you flash it more than once...
(05/03/2018)
--- TWRP has been updated, it will backup your current Mixers in the same path with file name as "mixername.xml.bak0", if you flash TWRP file twice you'll lose your Original...
(04/03/2018)
--- Thread Early created...

Last edited:
Reactions: Chaternet
I think you should actually say what kind of mod this is in the title, currently its just a bunch of buzz words.

Oh my God...
I fell on my knees laughing...
You see, I copied the title from my Note 8 thread, while changing it I deleted SoundMod DualSpeaker ???

I'll update it right away...
Oh my God...

UPDATE:
It is done...
It's a DualSpeaker MOD...

Last edited:
Reactions: escalhavardo
Last edited:
It uses the ear piece for one, and bottom for the other. This is kinda useless, to be honest.

Only those who owned or seen the demo phone can tell if it's using the earpiece...
I believe there is a speaker at the top and another at the bottom...
if it turns out to be useless, then the MOD will change into something else, but that will be when the device is released...
At least appreciate my efforts, even if it was little instead of criticizing...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello Everyone,
    I hope you all are great...

It is sad that the thread got 1 Star rating before even getting the chance of doing something good, well I'll fight my way up...

Snapdragon doesn't have Root, but hopefully in the future it will...
    This thread isn't for how to TWRP/Magisk,Bootloader unlock or Root...

PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR FEEDBACKS IN ORDER TO IMPROVE THE MOD...

EXYNOS: I have made SoundMod Magisk Module by Modifying mixers_path.xml & mixers_gain.xml provided by mkc1130 via his system dump...
    SNAPDRAGON: Waiting for either system dump or someone with snapdragon device :D

XDA-Forum-Moderator @TheMadScientist have reopened the thread, thank you...

!!! ALWAYS MAKE BACKUP OF YOUR FILES BEFORE REPLACING THEM !!!
    If you didn't, no worries I have Attached Original Mixers as Backup (EXYNOS & SNAPDRAGON <-- snappy coming soon)...
    first get ROOT :laugh: then proceed below
    You can Use it with MAGISK
    or
    Flash it with TWRP, Snapdragon can use Flashfire (Snappy coming soon)
    or
    Just extract the MANUAL and place the mixers in your system/vendor/etc (since you chose Manual, make a backup, even though I put original mixers online) & set permissions to 644 (rw-r--r--) ...
    reboot...

Let me know if you face any issues...
    SNAPDRAGON MOD Status:
    Not yet, not yet, maybe in a month or two ... or as soon I get the files, BOOM it will be here :victory:

EXYNOS Module Status: being tested
    V1 - > Initial release, Tested & Stable...

VERY VERY VERY IMPORTANT NOTICE:
    READ TO THE END...
    This MOD shouldn't be used with any Equalizers, until it has been tested, even though I used MAX default values Available in the mixer, I don't want your brand new phone earpiece to be blown...
    After installing the MOD, mute your phone, play a music, gradually increase the volume level till you reach the max, while doing that if you notice Any Noise/crackles/unclear sound from the earpiece, STOP increasing the volume, decrease it and report back please so I'd adjust the volume level...

Volume Adjust
    (I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE):
    • SNAPDRAGON: to Adjust: (coming sooooooon :silly:)
    • EXYNOS: to Adjust in mixer_gains.xml:
      Code:
      	<path name="gain-media-dual-speaker"> <!--Speaker, Stereo Dual-Channels-->
      		<ctl name="SPK Analog Left Gain" value="15dB" /><!--Speaker default for left channel-->
      		<ctl name="SPK Analog Right Gain" value="15dB" /><!--Speaker default for right channel, Earpiece-->
      	</path>
      	<path name="gain-media-headset"> <!--Headphones, Everything is default-->
      		<ctl name="HPOUT2L Impedance Volume" value="107" />
      		<ctl name="HPOUT2R Impedance Volume" value="107" />
      		<ctl name="HPOUT2L Input 1 Volume" value="32" />
      		<ctl name="HPOUT2R Input 1 Volume" value="32" />
      	</path>
      Values for the speaker:
      15dB is the default and from what it seems the earpiece should be as strong as the speaker to be able to have equal value, but I'd still say be cautious...
      In many cases, the increase is safe up-to 6dB anything above that is Dangerous... 6 may look small but in terms of Sound, decibels are measured on a logarithmic scale..
      say we have 10 dB and 18dB, the percentage from 18dB to 10dB would be about 83% sound decrease...
      now back to the value, it looks so small, 15 dB is barely hearable, yes, but that's not the actual value but additional value...
      in other words, 15dB+ to the current Volume...

Values for Headphones:
      Gradually Change value="32" to whatever you desire upto 60, SAFEZONE is 45, if you hate yourself and ears, go above that :silly:...
      as well value="107" upto 140, SAFEZONE is 120 as I said if you hate go up :silly:...
    SAFEZONES are Approximated by me, So Gradually increase your volume to the max, make sure the sound is clean, don't set it to the max limit, some music are amplified by default, which playing them will damage the speakers, just be reasonable...

Again I Say Please, your Feedbacks are important for futuristic updates to improve the MOD...
    Thread reopens for modification as this has not been tested and root and twrp has not been released
    I really need to update all my soundmod threads...
    My MODs are depreciated, no longer updated, as I want to keep things unified in one thread, which is my tutorial thread...

That way, whatever the ROM you have and version, you'll have the latest using your own files...

Once again, sorry for the delayed update...
    Does manual install mean that I don't have to root my phone?
    As the thread title mentions, root only...
    Manual install means to copy the files and paste them in your /system/vendor/etc and changing permissions which requires root access...
    As the creator of the mod you test it yourself or do you have the S9 plus?
    As a creator of many MODs, I depend on one tester, the MOD has been tested before releasing it...
    I forgot to mention him...
    He was the requester and the tester and he confirmed everything at this post...

Update: I'll mention him asap...