• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Mod] Samsung Boot Logo Mod (Not bootanimation, SAMSUNG power on logo)

Search This thread

kmalinich

Jul 8, 2010
Maineville, OH
Not the easiest mod, and there is a chance for brickage or data wipe... Noobs beware...

Needed
  • Rooted Samsung Fascinate (tested with EB01 superclean 2.4)
  • Working ADB
  • Latest Heimdall (the Epic 4g thread warns against odin use, it says he soft bricked with it, and I used Heimdall anyway)
  • Hacked param.lfs to flash HERE
  • New jpeg boot logo size 480x800 (preferably less than 64k.. I flashed a 65k one and it booted fine though... just be careful)

Steps:
  1. Enter download mode
  2. Flash hacked param.lfs IN HEIMDALL IN THE BOX THAT SAYS PARAM.LFS, NOT FACTORYFS
  3. Reboot normally, if it boots into recovery just reboot again
  4. Ignore garbled text on bootup
  5. Copy your new bootlogo to /sdcard/logo.jpg
  6. Open ADB shell
  7. Enter these commands:
    Code:
    su
    mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/stl6 /mnt/.lfs
    cp /sdcard/logo.jpg /mnt/.lfs/logo.jpg
  8. Reboot and enjoy!

Notes

Download mode might not show the download mode logo. It doesn't show on mine. Still works though.
In order to flash another logo, you have to re-flash the hacked param.lfs and then copy the new logo.
In order to flash completely back to stock, flash this param.lfs HERE

References/Credits

Connexion2005's support over PM! Thanks!

Connexion2005's site with info and bootlogos
Original i9000 Thread by Connexion2005
Epic 4G Thread
Vibrant Thread
Blademonkey's bootlogos

Last edited:

Pfredd

Jan 4, 2011
Has anyone, other than the original poster, have more guts than I do and tried this?

I am itching to do it (I want to piss off my friend by having an Apple logo :) ), but I am a bit afraid to try it...

Rodderik

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 8, 2010
devphone.org
Yes, it would be PDA in Odin, but i highly recommend Heimdall...

i never had any luck getting it to work with odin (even putting it in the big tarball) ...like kmalinich said i had many soft bricks testing but none of them prevented me from going into download mode...you should be safe so as as you dont mess with the boot loaders but still use caution!

glad to hear u got this working on another phone besides the epic kmalinich...props!

baron4406

Dec 12, 2010
like flash in odin using PDA section right

If you flash that in an "PDA" section of Heimdall you will get what I got two hours ago, a serious brick!! You have to look in the Heimdall front end and notice there is a "param.lfs" box that you must flash it from (I assume anyway). Trust me I was dead in the water I had to delete heimdall for Odin to work again.

I think it should be clear in the first post, there are several posts about flashing it in PDA which is incorrect. Or am I wrong here?

kmalinich

Jul 8, 2010
Maineville, OH
If you flash that in an "PDA" section of Heimdall you will get what I got two hours ago, a serious brick!! You have to look in the Heimdall front end and notice there is a "param.lfs" box that you must flash it from (I assume anyway). Trust me I was dead in the water I had to delete heimdall for Odin to work again.

I think it should be clear in the first post, there are several posts about flashing it in PDA which is incorrect. Or am I wrong here?

In Heimdall, everything except the PIT file is under the PDA/Code heading. I think that's what you're reading. The first flash selection under PDA/Code is FactoryFS...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Not the easiest mod, and there is a chance for brickage or data wipe... Noobs beware...

Needed
    • Rooted Samsung Fascinate (tested with EB01 superclean 2.4)
    • Working ADB
    • Latest Heimdall (the Epic 4g thread warns against odin use, it says he soft bricked with it, and I used Heimdall anyway)
    • Hacked param.lfs to flash HERE
    • New jpeg boot logo size 480x800 (preferably less than 64k.. I flashed a 65k one and it booted fine though... just be careful)

Steps:
    1. Enter download mode
    2. Flash hacked param.lfs IN HEIMDALL IN THE BOX THAT SAYS PARAM.LFS, NOT FACTORYFS
    3. Reboot normally, if it boots into recovery just reboot again
    4. Ignore garbled text on bootup
    5. Copy your new bootlogo to /sdcard/logo.jpg
    6. Open ADB shell
    7. Enter these commands:
      Code:
      su
      mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/stl6 /mnt/.lfs
      cp /sdcard/logo.jpg /mnt/.lfs/logo.jpg
    8. Reboot and enjoy!

Notes

Download mode might not show the download mode logo. It doesn't show on mine. Still works though.
    In order to flash another logo, you have to re-flash the hacked param.lfs and then copy the new logo.
    In order to flash completely back to stock, flash this param.lfs HERE

References/Credits

Connexion2005's support over PM! Thanks!

Connexion2005's site with info and bootlogos
    Original i9000 Thread by Connexion2005
    Epic 4G Thread
    Vibrant Thread
    Blademonkey's bootlogos
    Here's another I photoshopped together from some images on one of the news sites.... android Dr. Zoidberg

aefc021b-b3e4-22e9.jpg

Mulder's poster:

aefc021b-b408-a461.jpg

Federation logo:

aefc021b-b465-a19c.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA Premium App