[MOD][Sense 5]Bluetooth Mod/Fix

Search This thread

RohinZaraki

Sep 8, 2011
Ok, long story short, after the Sense 5 update, the Bluetooth was completely messed up for me. Not only did the "Visible to All Devices" option never stick with each consecutive toggle, it never seemed to work or pair correctly with any other device and required me to constantly un-pair said device and re-pair it. This plagued me for a while till I was playing around with the Bluetooth configs in the system while working on my ROM. What I did was essentially edit the configs to make the settings stick.

IMPORTANT

When I tested it on my ROM, I lost the ability to make Bluetooth "Only Visible to Paired Devices" and could only switch between "Visible to nearly all devices" and "Never visible" or something similar. However, when I created a flashable zip and tried it on ARHD, everything worked fine with no missing options. Remember, anything could go wrong. I ended up with missing options, you may end up with crippled Bluetooth altogether. Always make a backup or have a ROM zip lying around to reflash in case of emergency ;)

What does this MOD do ?

1. Makes sure toggles such as "Visible to nearly all devices" sticks after toggling Bluetooth On/Off
2. Fixes any Bluetooth issues when switching Bluetooth On/Off such as device connecting errors like I faced
3. Less issues when using A2DP (doesn't require constant un-pairing and re-pairing to make it work like it did most of the time)

Intructions

1. Download the ZIP
2. Make a backup (unless you have the balls to go through with no backup plan ;) )
3. Flash the ZIP
Optional - 4. Wipe dalvik cache & cache
5. Reboot and enjoy

Download MOD

Download Rollback zip to undo chnages

Uses in other ROMs

ROM devs and chefs alike are allowed to use this MOD in their work. You don't need to drop me a PM or anything, just give credits and link this thread in your Changelogs to avoid issues with my MOD cluttering up your ROM thread.

Notes

1. I made this MOD to solve a problem I faced with Sense 5. It has solved my problem, it may solve yours too if you have the same. If it doesn't, refrain from posting negative posts here.

2. This is the first time I've attempted tampering with the system configs to such a degree to fix a problem such as this. If you feel there are ways I can improve on this MOD, please feel free to advise me or give suggestions.

3, If you face any issue, be patient with me. Like I said, this is my first time attempting something like this and I only succeeded by sheer luck.

Last edited:

optiknerv

Aug 30, 2008
Ellesmere Port
www.facebook.com
I would like to try this as A2DP usually fails to connect for me. I have to open up bluetooth settings, disable media streaming and then re-tick it to get it working which is inconvenient.

Could you upload it to a site that I don't have to sign up to to download? Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok, long story short, after the Sense 5 update, the Bluetooth was completely messed up for me. Not only did the "Visible to All Devices" option never stick with each consecutive toggle, it never seemed to work or pair correctly with any other device and required me to constantly un-pair said device and re-pair it. This plagued me for a while till I was playing around with the Bluetooth configs in the system while working on my ROM. What I did was essentially edit the configs to make the settings stick.

IMPORTANT

When I tested it on my ROM, I lost the ability to make Bluetooth "Only Visible to Paired Devices" and could only switch between "Visible to nearly all devices" and "Never visible" or something similar. However, when I created a flashable zip and tried it on ARHD, everything worked fine with no missing options. Remember, anything could go wrong. I ended up with missing options, you may end up with crippled Bluetooth altogether. Always make a backup or have a ROM zip lying around to reflash in case of emergency ;)

What does this MOD do ?

1. Makes sure toggles such as "Visible to nearly all devices" sticks after toggling Bluetooth On/Off
    2. Fixes any Bluetooth issues when switching Bluetooth On/Off such as device connecting errors like I faced
    3. Less issues when using A2DP (doesn't require constant un-pairing and re-pairing to make it work like it did most of the time)

Intructions

1. Download the ZIP
    2. Make a backup (unless you have the balls to go through with no backup plan ;) )
    3. Flash the ZIP
    Optional - 4. Wipe dalvik cache & cache
    5. Reboot and enjoy

Download MOD

Download Rollback zip to undo chnages

Uses in other ROMs

ROM devs and chefs alike are allowed to use this MOD in their work. You don't need to drop me a PM or anything, just give credits and link this thread in your Changelogs to avoid issues with my MOD cluttering up your ROM thread.

Notes

1. I made this MOD to solve a problem I faced with Sense 5. It has solved my problem, it may solve yours too if you have the same. If it doesn't, refrain from posting negative posts here.

2. This is the first time I've attempted tampering with the system configs to such a degree to fix a problem such as this. If you feel there are ways I can improve on this MOD, please feel free to advise me or give suggestions.

3, If you face any issue, be patient with me. Like I said, this is my first time attempting something like this and I only succeeded by sheer luck.
    I will get around to making a rollback zip for this MOD to save you guys the time and trouble of making backups :) till then, hope this helps
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone