[MOD]Sense2.5/2.1 WVGA\VGA CallHistory & Communication Tab, StartMenu...More to come

Search This thread

light_n_roses

Oct 25, 2009
I'm just getting around to trying your new WVGA call history tab. Is this something that I can just install on top of my already cooked in Call History tab or is it a total replacement of the all the files?

Hi !

Sorry for dalay I have seent he post just now. I think that you can install it without problems because I have changed only the icons.
Anyway follow this procedure, it take 5 minutes or less :

1) go to your device/windows e copy this file : 26948339_manila to your memory card o wherever you want.
2) disable manila
3) install the cab and soft reset if it ask you
4) take the 26948339_manila that you have saved before and put on windows folder overwriting the existing one
5) re-enable manila.

P.S. all this is valid in the assumption that you already have the call history tab already in your rom ...

Reactions: sharkie405

meltwater

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 28, 2009
Is there a cab file for communication tab on Sense 2.5 WVGA??

Sorry but the comms function changed in sense 2.5 so using the same methods (moving sense pages into tabs) does not work. All you get is a read-only version.

Would be kinda possible to create one from scratch (but a lot of work), but using Cookie Home Tab and the widgets you can get most the functionality.

JediDevil

Aug 29, 2007
Sorry but the comms function changed in sense 2.5 so using the same methods (moving sense pages into tabs) does not work. All you get is a read-only version.

Would be kinda possible to create one from scratch (but a lot of work), but using Cookie Home Tab and the widgets you can get most the functionality.

No Problem. I have a link on my HomeScreen to the Comm Manager.
When CHT is installed, my WM6.5 Blackstone runs slow.

gidsxda

May 22, 2008
Icon malfunction as a side effect

Installing this cab has messed up the size of my icons. See attached pic - they are almost all too big for the slider. Its weird that some are ok.
Any suggestions?
Running a Telstra stock ROM which uses WM6.5 and sense 2.1

Thanks

meltwater

Jan 28, 2009
Installing this cab has messed up the size of my icons. See attached pic - they are almost all too big for the slider. Its weird that some are ok.
Any suggestions?
Running a Telstra stock ROM which uses WM6.5 and sense 2.1

Thanks

Either your icon files have been replaced with different ones or the references in the sense Tab Control file are wrong.

You may find that SenseUtil will correct the references if they are wrong (you'll have to remove all the tabs [- as it leaves existing entries as they are by default] and then re-add all the ones it detects as installed).

gidsxda

May 22, 2008
Thanks for the suggestion meltwater. Tried your SenseUtil which couldn't read the tab file. Messed about a bit more with the Util and eventually broke Sense completely. I reflashed the stock Rom and restored the back up to before I started messing so perhaps now I have the right tools I won't break it.
Or maybe I'll just flash a new rom instead :)

meltwater

Jan 28, 2009
Sense is quite fragile so doesn't take much to break it. Hard reset sometimes is the best option.
Good luck.
What error did senseUtil report?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all !

I have made a wvga version of the call history tab that no more has low resolution icons !
    Mods For Sense 2.5
    All Mods in cabs now, no need to cook ;)

Please read post #4

Sense2.5 StartMenu
    (need a soft reset)

Original thread here
    attachment.php

Sense2.5 CallHistory Tab
    Work for VGA see here

Thanks for the hard work on this. I had to add a reg setting for it to show up in the manila tab settings so it could be moved. I have posted a cab of the reg settings
    Thank you sir! Can be found here

attachment.php

6BECE1ED_manila is the one that sits on top of the slider. The one that sits on the tray was positioned a bit too high on the tray and so that's the one I adjusted.

EDIT:: Here is the Manila File that sits on top of the slider, slightly adjusted so that it is centered on the slider instead of being slightly offset to the left. To see the difference, compare the below screenshot with the one I posted above.

attachment.php

Attached below is just the manila file needed to make this adjustment.

To install, use Total Commander or Resco Explorer to copy to the Windows folder.
    Can be found here
    I'm just getting around to trying your new WVGA call history tab. Is this something that I can just install on top of my already cooked in Call History tab or is it a total replacement of the all the files?

Hi !

Sorry for dalay I have seent he post just now. I think that you can install it without problems because I have changed only the icons.
    Anyway follow this procedure, it take 5 minutes or less :

1) go to your device/windows e copy this file : 26948339_manila to your memory card o wherever you want.
    2) disable manila
    3) install the cab and soft reset if it ask you
    4) take the 26948339_manila that you have saved before and put on windows folder overwriting the existing one
    5) re-enable manila.

P.S. all this is valid in the assumption that you already have the call history tab already in your rom ...