• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[MOD] Shutter/Auto focus Sound Off For LG 4X HD

Search This thread

somboons

Apr 25, 2011
Bangkok
This MOD base on V10F Deodex ROM from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1871858

==== Download Section ====
1. Download Link from my blog Shutter/Auto focus Sound Off (adb installer)
2. CWM installer in Thread

===================

==== Feature ====
1. turn off auto focus sound
2. Modify Tone4 in Shutter Sound to silent
=============

==== Installation Guide ====
1. use app that can edit permission such as Root Explorer
rename /system/app/CameraApp.apk - > /system/app/CameraApp.apk.bak (backup original CameraApp.apk)
2. copy CameraApp.apk to /system/app/CameraApp.apk
3. edit permission as picture below

-

-

Screen Shot:
-

-

Attachments

• CWM_install_shutter_af_sound_off_camera_stock_v10f.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 1,263
  • CWM_install_shutter_af_sound_off_camera_v10f.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 975
Last edited:

thecresta

Nov 12, 2006
Thanks, will give this a go later.

The default 4th shutter sound is horrible - why would you ever want to use it? :eek:

Glad to get rid of it! :good:

yousefhammad

May 29, 2009
Need original cameraapp

The modified version keeps crashing, and i deleted thr stock app by mistake, can u send me the original cameraapp. Apk?
Thank u so much!

profyler

Oct 5, 2012
Sâo Paulo
You need to be rooted, at least to be able to use AntTek and Root Uninstaller, and no, you won't loose it in case of FW update, unless the upgrade is for the camera too... but the process is fast. 5 minutes and its done :cool:

Thanks Dude, but did download the ICS Camera, to take pictures without shutter sound.

Ruedas, a rooted phone doesnt receive OTA updates, right?

hellchan

Sep 22, 2010
strange thing that i downloaded the apk, tried to install it but wouldnt work even after changing permissions. Had no camera forawhile. Downloaded the stock apk, just copy and pasted it in the folder and all of a sudden i have my camera back with no shutter sound...no idea why but thanks :D

vidvandre

Oct 26, 2007
I'm trying my best to fix (IOW; mute) the shutter sound on my GF's O4X. While I believe I understand how this is done, I'm not able to actually get it done.

I've managed to get the phone rooted (thanks to alexp999's simple to follow guide). If I've understood things correctly; I now need to replace the original camera.apk with the modified one found in this thread.

Problem is that, in the /system/app folder, both renaming files (the old camera.apk) and copying files (the new camera.apk) to the folder fails.

Anyone able to see what I'm missing / doing wrong? Any help would be thoroughly appreciated!..

RuedasLocas

Aug 12, 2012
Gdansk, Poland
I'm trying my best to fix (IOW; mute) the shutter sound on my GF's O4X. While I believe I understand how this is done, I'm not able to actually get it done.

I've managed to get the phone rooted (thanks to alexp999's simple to follow guide). If I've understood things correctly; I now need to replace the original camera.apk with the modified one found in this thread.

Problem is that, in the /system/app folder, both renaming files (the old camera.apk) and copying files (the new camera.apk) to the folder fails.

Anyone able to see what I'm missing / doing wrong? Any help would be thoroughly appreciated!..

I have my way...

With "Root Uninstaller Pro" I uninstall the original one, than I grab the modded file and past it in .../system/app and I install it from there.

Reboot and its done :)

vidvandre

Oct 26, 2007
I have my way...

With "Root Uninstaller Pro" I uninstall the original one, than I grab the modded file and past it in .../system/app and I install it from there.

Reboot and its done :)

Thanks for the reply and suggestion RuedasLocas!

Titanium Backup seems to have the option to uninstall system apps, I'll give that a go. Would however like to figure out how to copy files to the system/app folder before I do that (given that this is required to re-install/enable the camera). Have tried with both ES File Manager and Total Commander; both have been given SU-privelages, both are able to browse to the folder, neither is able to copy files to or rename files in the folder...

RuedasLocas

Aug 12, 2012
Gdansk, Poland
Thanks for the reply and suggestion RuedasLocas!

Titanium Backup seems to have the option to uninstall system apps, I'll give that a go. Would however like to figure out how to copy files to the system/app folder before I do that (given that this is required to re-install/enable the camera). Have tried with both ES File Manager and Total Commander; both have been given SU-privelages, both are able to browse to the folder, neither is able to copy files to or rename files in the folder...

Use "AntTek" explorer, works together, or alone if you wish, with Root Uninstaller, you can copy/paste or just cut/paste...

vidvandre

Oct 26, 2007
Use "AntTek" explorer, works together, or alone if you wish, with Root Uninstaller, you can copy/paste or just cut/paste...
Tried AnTek Explorer; What an interesting file manager! Will have to test this for a longer period of time, could possibly become my new goto file manager. Thanks for the tip!..

Though I couldn't get the new/modified camera.apk to the system/app directory. Though this time it failed with an error messge; "Error Don't have enough permission to do this action" (see attached screenshot). Have double-checked that "Native mode" is enabled within AnTek and that its (permanently) enabled in SuperSU. Not sure how I can give an app even more permissions...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-11-21-20-49-11.png
    Screenshot_2012-11-21-20-49-11.png
    46.7 KB · Views: 376
Last edited:

RuedasLocas

Aug 12, 2012
Gdansk, Poland
Tried AnTek Explorer; What an interesting file manager! Will have to test this for a longer period of time, could possibly become my new goto file manager. Thanks for the tip!..

Though I couldn't get the new/modified camera.apk to the system/app directory. Though this time it failed with an error messge; "Error Don't have enough permission to do this action" (see attached screenshot). Have double-checked that "Native mode" is enabled within AnTek and that its (permanently) enabled in SuperSU. Not sure how I can give an app even more permissions...

Just reboot the phone and it should be enough.

Some apps need a reboot to work properly.

vidvandre

Oct 26, 2007
Just reboot the phone and it should be enough.

Some apps need a reboot to work properly.
Thanks for all the help! Rebooting allowed me to rename files. Then I finally figured out why copying files to the system folder failed (or at least partly); For reasons unknown to me, I weren't allowed to copy/move files directly from the external_sd card to the system/app directory, Had to first move the to an internal location, then I could move then to the desired location!

End result; The annoying shutter sound is gone! :victory:

Again; Thanks for all the help!

:)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This MOD base on V10F Deodex ROM from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1871858

==== Download Section ====
    1. Download Link from my blog Shutter/Auto focus Sound Off (adb installer)
    2. CWM installer in Thread

===================

==== Feature ====
    1. turn off auto focus sound
    2. Modify Tone4 in Shutter Sound to silent
    =============

==== Installation Guide ====
    1. use app that can edit permission such as Root Explorer
    rename /system/app/CameraApp.apk - > /system/app/CameraApp.apk.bak (backup original CameraApp.apk)
    2. copy CameraApp.apk to /system/app/CameraApp.apk
    3. edit permission as picture below

-

-

Screen Shot:
    -

-
    Hi!
    Can someone upgrade this file for jelly bean? Or is there diffrent way to switc this annoying camera sound?