MOD: Sony Bravia Engine V2 Quality Enhancer ((Finaly Works)) 01/16/2012

Search This thread

sahandv1989

Oct 15, 2010
Tehran
Sony Bravia Engine V2

Hi every One . This IS Sony Bravia Engine In Flashable Zip File ((BraviaHack-Modified.zip)) {BIG Thanks To Freeza To Modify}. It just Wants To be Flashed By CWM Recover . then Enjoy Real Quality Of your Display ...
Its tested In Evo 3D GSM Offical Rom.
If Any One Tested In CDMA plz Post Resault. TNX.:D

Important Afters Installing By Recovery Flashable File Do Fix permission Manually

13249326521.jpg

Bravia_Engine_2_Pro_More1.jpg

GUIDE for Manual Installation on each Rom! (2.2 & 2.3)

-Download BraviaE Files Pack:
http://www.multiupload.com/P99EZQYMR1
===========================
-Extract files on phone and put they in the directory:
Code:

/system/etc
================================
-Open /system/build.prop with a text editor (like RootExplorer)
and add these lines at the end:
Code:

#Bravia Engine Service
ro.service.swiqi.supported=true
persist.service.swiqi.enable=1
===============================================
-Then, Save the file and Exit
==============================================
-Now, set the right permissions or open a terminal emulator and execute:
Code:

su
busybox chmod 0755 /system/etc/be_photo
busybox chmod 0755 /system/etc/be_movie
busybox chown 0.0 /system/etc/be_photo
busybox chown 0.0 /system/etc/be_movie

-Fully Reboot the device and enjoy BRAVIA;)
=================================================
BraviaHack-Modified.zip ===>>>> CWM Recovery {Big Thanks To Freeza }
Bravia+Engine+Files.zip ===>>>> Manual Installation

Attachments

• Bravia+Engine+Files.zip
    956 bytes · Views: 1,924
  • BraviaHack-Modified.zip
    134.3 KB · Views: 3,243
Last edited:

sahandv1989

Oct 15, 2010
Tehran
Hi, thank you for posting this. What exactly does it do for our display?

EDIT: it looks like this built.prop may cause a boot loop or just not boot at all. Is it for the EVO 3D GSM?

yes This is for HTC EVO 3D. it tested whit evo 3D gsm and flashed with cwm-4.0.1.4-shooteru . Its Only For Official Roms.
This Link Is Video From Sony That tells What Is BE Donig...
http://www.sonyericsson.com/product/xperiaarc/video/mbe/

SketchyStunts

Sep 1, 2011
GA.
Flashed the zip on PrimeXL & it booted up fine. Where is this difference to be noticed? I would watch the vid but I'm on crappy 3g sprint speeds.

Mine is CDMA

Sent from my PG8610000 using xda premium

Last edited:

SketchyStunts

Sep 1, 2011
GA.
Did you try looking at a photo?

Yea. Can't tell a difference. Probably need 2 phones side by side to get a better idea.

Edit: my wallpaper (not qhd) seems to look sharper. It really does. Could be placebo?

Sent from my PG8610000 using xda premium

Last edited:

Albert Poon

Aug 7, 2010
For what I know, its ported to HD2 and SGS2 before, and both of them have an "Enable" option in Display Settings. However, there is no such option here, and there is no way to tell if its working or not.

Rydah

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 4, 2008
Southern California
I'll side by side compare mine to my girls 3vo in the morning. Glad It's not part of the framework, since I'm odexed.

Via My HTC Evo 3D On The Now Network From Sprint.

Gene_Bailey

Sep 10, 2010
Temple
Something about this isn't clear to me. In the main post I see something fishable through a recovery AND manual instructions with all the necessary files and such. What's the difference if I flash the zip instead of doing it through recovery? Well I not have to do

su

And such? Or do I still need to do such to get the benefits? No clear explanation was provided in the OP

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sony Bravia Engine V2

Hi every One . This IS Sony Bravia Engine In Flashable Zip File ((BraviaHack-Modified.zip)) {BIG Thanks To Freeza To Modify}. It just Wants To be Flashed By CWM Recover . then Enjoy Real Quality Of your Display ...
    Its tested In Evo 3D GSM Offical Rom.
    If Any One Tested In CDMA plz Post Resault. TNX.:D

Important Afters Installing By Recovery Flashable File Do Fix permission Manually

13249326521.jpg

Bravia_Engine_2_Pro_More1.jpg

GUIDE for Manual Installation on each Rom! (2.2 & 2.3)

-Download BraviaE Files Pack:
    http://www.multiupload.com/P99EZQYMR1
    ===========================
    -Extract files on phone and put they in the directory:
    Code:

/system/etc
    ================================
    -Open /system/build.prop with a text editor (like RootExplorer)
    and add these lines at the end:
    Code:

#Bravia Engine Service
    ro.service.swiqi.supported=true
    persist.service.swiqi.enable=1
    ===============================================
    -Then, Save the file and Exit
    ==============================================
    -Now, set the right permissions or open a terminal emulator and execute:
    Code:

su

-Fully Reboot the device and enjoy BRAVIA;)
    =================================================
    BraviaHack-Modified.zip ===>>>> CWM Recovery {Big Thanks To Freeza }
    Bravia+Engine+Files.zip ===>>>> Manual Installation
    Apparently according to one of those links (which I now agree with) this particular version of the mod does absolutely NOTHING. We don't have the libraries or proprietary Sony code for this to work. Those extra lines in build.prop aren't even parsed, understood, or ran by Android at all whatsoever.

We need to include the files in this zip:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?75e9f7izqvhxv84 (Big thanks to owain94 and temasek.)

before it will work.

That zip includes a file in /system/framework, /system/etc/permissions, and the most important, /system/lib

That zip is also flash friendly for any phone. it appends the lines to your current build.prop instead of including a modified build.prop. It also includes all of the files necessary to get this actually working. Please post back results after flashing it. And remember, always backup before flashing something new. :)
    For this to work would you need to install the OP's link AND the link you just posted, or just your link?

Just the second link :)

Oh geez, hope It's odex friendly still. Okay, looks like it is. Everything in the prop file in quotations, is whats added right? I want to manually add it.

Via My HTC Evo 3D On The Now Network From Sprint.

yup!

What Is Diffrence between Your And Mine ???:confused:

Yours only includes two files, which does nothing. The mediafire link includes those two files plus others that are needed to make this work. :)
    Weird how EVERY time I post a fresh new feature....ie...HTC locations, Sony Bravia Engine.....this guy comes and posts it up as his own but gives NO one credit and credits himself.....did you all know the whole OP, word for word, was copy and pasted from a different devs find? Bet not! Do some REAL deving before you go copying and pasting sh.t as your OWN!!!!!

You said its posted word for word. So where is the sorce he copied it from? Can you back up your accusation or are you just talking smack?

I did a google search of various parts of the OP and found similiar strings but nothing identical. He has not modded the OP after you posted your acusations. Hmmm...

Also, where is your post like this? Inlcuded it in a ROM? And he pulled it from your ROM? I mean how is this your work? If it is your work and you did all the reverse engineering? Then that means everyone copied you?

Well, you know what... Its still not your work anyways. Its Sony's. Be glad you are not being sued by them. They are sue happy bitches!!!!!!!! (cough PS3 hackers cough)

So unless you can prove something you should not be flaming his thread. Secondly if you do feel there is a violation such as you claim (with no proof) then REPORT THE POST. DONT FLAME THE THREAD. Thats what REAL devs do. Not come in and cry like little bitches.

Also... I noticed that there were 4 other postings LONG before you "developed" this...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=16145132&postcount=1
    July 30th, 2011

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1318814
    October 25th

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1380094
    Dec 7th

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1394305
    Dec 15th

So Did you kang from them because I did not see any attribution in your development thread? And these mods were out FAR before you ever thought of adding them to your ROM...

So whats the deal?

Anyways...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! :D
    no It Doesnt Work On ICS Yet But Im Working On it. So You Know Ics Is Coming On test And Its Not Final So it Takes A little Time... . But It Works Great On GingerBread