Is the modded apk working for you?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
D

Deleted member 6857053

Let's see...hehe
In the 1st place the reason why he created Pushbullet is when this thread will be closed his magic will go on...
But it's a diff story when Spotify break his magic or maybe a personal choice...

For root users with xposed enabled..
try using Spotifyskip xposed.. i haven't tried it yet..
search it here in xda...[emoji4] the app is allowed as per moderators..lol

How to access his Pushbullet? Do you know his channel name or.... What's the procedure?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

Stupifier

Jun 8, 2010
I knew this would happen. I kept warning the OP to not push the envelope on new things and just keep it basic.........oh well.

peelie111

Jul 21, 2015
I downloaded ES file explorer from Google shop. At first set Spotify to high quality option, then Install Es file explorer,click on it, go to android file,then find file called preps, click on text, ES note editor, and give number 4 instead of 3. That´s it. But after you give number 4 you have to save it.

Last edited:

peelie111

Jul 21, 2015
android-----data-----com.spotify-----files-----users-----a-user-----preps

don´t forget. You have to go to ES file explorer to find this file.

Last edited:
Reactions: onixotto

cognitivedissonance

Jan 11, 2012
Most of you probably depend on this mod, like myself.
Officially xda is no longer its home, so you’ll need to look elsewhere.
Basically you’ve got a couple options; google it or ask someone who knows where to look already.
I personally think the latter option is better.
Looking around on google or bing isn’t going to find you the best options – they’ve intentionally buried those results.
If you’d rather not waste your time googling, then go with the other option.
Simply read between the lines.
Most of the time, the answer is right in front of you.

EDIT: As mentioned by another user, there's no guarantee that the version(s) of Spotify you find on other sites will work. All I'm saying is that if we are able to get a coder to take up this project again, we need a different site *cough cough* that is more friendly about these types of mods. Until that happens, I would simply recommend staying on an older version of Spotify that works well. Personally, I'm still using a pre-popup version, and it works wonderfully still.

EDIT 2: As with everything done on the internet, it is imperative that one uses common sense and does some solid due diligence before clicking links, downloading files, installing files, or even visiting websites. Things like Adblockers have their place in many instances, as do other similar tools, however caution and knowledge are still your top defenses when you're on the web. Read carefully, ask questions, and make sure you know what you're doing before you do it.

Last edited:

Brock92

Jan 25, 2012
I know another developer who does this mod on another site. Send me dm if you want to know it

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Akoolive

Oct 22, 2010
Basically you’ve got a couple options; google it or ask someone who knows where to look already.
Looking around on google or bing isn’t going to find you the best options – they’ve intentionally buried those results.

Yeah the modded version from that website doesn't work properly.

cognitivedissonance

Jan 11, 2012
Yeah the modded version from that website doesn't work properly.

I am still using an older version from this thread, so I can't confirm or deny that. What I'm mainly suggesting is a new home-base for this module. Hopefully someone is willing to start it back up over there, where they're a bit more friendly about this type of thing.

I switched the the xposed way and it works but don't have the running option!

In the meantime, this ^ is a decent option for rooted users who have Xposed installed, and who want to be on the latest version of Spotify. Truthfully though, I'd just stick with an older version. Each time I used the Xposed method, the size of the text / graphics in the app got kinda wonky. I spent a bit of time trying to troubleshoot it, but eventually gave up and came back to the modded app.

Last edited:
Reactions: farhanrizki
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MOD EDIT: Removed due to warez
    Status Update.

Okay, so, I'm going at it full force with moderators to keep the thread alive.
    There's some love and support for all of you.
    Changelog:

Spotify Beta v3.6.0.703: "Bug fixes and minor improvements."
    Spotify Beta v3.5.0.943: Again, no clue. I'll update once I find out.
    Spotify v3.4.0.764: "New: Now you can start Artist Radio from any artist page."
    Spotify Beta v3.5.0.914: "UI tweaks and bug fixes for x86-devices. We have also added an x86-version of the beta."
    Spotify Beta v3.5.0.889: "Bug fixes and improvements. Also audio normalizing can now be disabled in settings."
    Spotify v3.4.0.762: "Now you can start Artist Radio from any artist page."
    Spotify Beta v3.4.0.755: "Several fixes for video player."
    Spotify Beta v3.4.0.749: "Now view fix when on landscape mode. Fixed a crash while playing video."
    Spotify Beta v3.4.0.738: "Fixes to transitions between video states and UI image issues."
    Spotify Beta v3.4.0.726: "Crash fixes, improvements to Running and added several UI fixes for different sections of the app."
    Spotify Beta v3.4.0.689: "Fixes to notifications and lock screen."
    Spotify v3.3.0.988: Same as previous version, I'm assuming.
    Spotify v3.3.0.982: "New: Say hello to our new colour. Nice, isn't it? New: You remember how you sort your playlists. Now we do too. Fixed: Some performance and stability issues. Fixed: We’ve improved scrobbling with Facebook."
    Spotify Beta v3.3.0.939: "Fixed issue with Facebook scrobbling and other UI crashes."
    Spotify Beta v3.3.0.916: "Updated icon and updated green color all throughout the app."
    Spotify v3.2.0.1197: "Fixed: Alcatel devices are running smoothly now. Fixed: Using an old SD card on Lollipop? Not a problem. New: We redesigned the Now Playing view for everyone on 3.0.0 and higher."
    Spotify Beta v3.2.0.1182: "Fixed: logout crash. Fixed: broken margins for fullscreen video. Fixed: few UI issues including text flickering, crossfades, and status bar."
    Spotify Beta v3.2.0.1167: To be announced.
    Spotify Beta v3.2.0.1101: "Bug fixes and improvements. Also, resolves a compatibility issue that may restart a phone when running the app on Alcatel devices."
    Spotify Beta v3.2.0.1038: "We fixed 179 issues in Now Playing View, Video playback and Running!"
    Spotify v3.1.0.1117: "New: Do even more on Android Weear. Browse amazing playlists, play Your Music and control Connect-compatible speakers - all from your wrist."
    Spotify Beta v3.1.0.1113: "Fixed problems in Running and Now Playing View."
    Spotify Beta v3.1.0.1095: "Enable 'Running' feature."
    Spotify Beta v3.1.0.1093: "Fix the problem with video playback."
    Spotify Beta v3.1.0.1088: "New Now start page, Spotify Running and introduction of video and audio shows for beta users (available initially to Premium subscribers in US, UK, Sweden and Germany)."
    Spotify Beta v3.1.0.1067: "Various bug fixes and user experience improvements while playing on connect device."
    Spotify Beta v3.1.0.975: "Android Wear Update."
    Spotify v3.0.0.1124: "New: The main player and mini player have a shiny new look. New: You can now swipe to change tracks in the mini player. Fictitious: This app contains only artificial additives."
    Spotify Beta v3.0.0.1124: "Beta release. Minor bug fixes."
    Spotify Beta v3.0.0.1118: To be announced.
    Spotify v2.9.0.890: "New: We've made out notifications and home screen widget work beautifully with TalkBalk."
    Spotify v2.8.0.1081: "Fixed: We've been battling some bugs. We won."
    Spotify v2.7.0.883: "Minor improvements."
    The End.

I'm sorry guys, moderators have decided that this threat is "warez". I have been given an infraction (check OP), and I'm sure they'll get around to locking up the thread soon.
    Thank you all for being such great sports and supporting the short life of this thread.
    Despite the small number of users actually replying to this thread/hitting thanks, we reached twenty-five thousand active users (determined due to download statistics for each modification, based off of all official downloads and mirrors).
    Once again, sorry and thanks.

EDIT: As mentioned by another user, there's no guarantee that the version(s) of Spotify you find on other sites will work. All I'm saying is that if we are able to get a coder to take up this project again, we need a different site *cough cough* that is more friendly about these types of mods. Until that happens, I would simply recommend staying on an older version of Spotify that works well. Personally, I'm still using a pre-popup version, and it works wonderfully still.

EDIT 2: As with everything done on the internet, it is imperative that one uses common sense and does some solid due diligence before clicking links, downloading files, installing files, or even visiting websites. Things like Adblockers have their place in many instances, as do other similar tools, however caution and knowledge are still your top defenses when you're on the web. Read carefully, ask questions, and make sure you know what you're doing before you do it.