• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we migrated and software and made it more secure. We recommend trying to reset your password.

[Mod][Stock][Root][1.29.401.11] Remove Menubar for odexed Stock Rom!

Which version do you prefer and use?

• Total voters

endursa

Dec 26, 2008
Linz
I decided to open my own thread with the Menubutton-bar hack just for stock Roms! Many people asked for this mod in blubbers thread and the links and availability for the ODEX Stock versions where not there :)

I personally use the standard button configuration Back - Home - Recent with the addition of LongPressHome -> Menu because i think the hardware buttons should be working the way that they are intended, and also i don't need the menu button that often!

However i will also provide the second version of this mod, with the following buttonconfiguration: Back - Home - Menu and LongPressHome -> Recent

Information:
  • other android.policy.jar mods will be lost (e.g. volumebutton mods, advanced powermenu)
  • [Side effect]Arrow keys on htc softkeyboard are only visible in ICS conform apps, don't know yet why they don't show on legacy apps :)

Prerequisites:
  • Stock Rom
  • Odexed
  • Root
  • CWM Recovery or any compatible

Installation:
  • !!Requires Root!!
  • Just download the file, place it on the Sdcard and flash from ClockworkMod Recovery!
  • If you like the mod, please take a few seconds, and click on the "Thanks" button below!

The following downloads are available:
  • 1.29.401.11:
  • box links and xda dl are the same files :)
  • {Back - Home - Recent} + Long press home -> Menu: lphome-menu.zip
  • {Back - Home - Menu} + Long press home -> Recent: recent_menu.zip
  • Stock file if someone wants to clean the mod, or before flashing any OTA update: stock.zip

Credits: blubbers for the initial mod and idea :)
for deodexed stock roms, or any custom rom, go to his Thread: [MOD|1.26|1.28|1.29] Disable the annoying ICS 3-dot Menu [deodexed]

Attachments

Last edited:

endursa

Dec 26, 2008
Linz
i used bricked with sweep2wake on 401.7 and had no problems, but i reverted to stock kernel because of random reboots with bricked

bogfather

Feb 4, 2012
derby
After flashing recent_menu my phone wouldn't boot, then realised I'm only on 401.7 :eek:
After updating to 401.11 I flashed it again and it works perfect :D

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

endursa

Dec 26, 2008
Linz
i bet you are not on european rom ?

same for you kleen, odexed versions only work on the exact same rom! 1.29.401.11 the last numbers are also very important!

123belly

Jul 27, 2009
Version I have is 1.28.110.7

Just tried it again and boot locked. :-( thanks for working on this though

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA

endursa

Dec 26, 2008
Linz
ah ok sorry, the mod for 1.28 is also only for the international unlocked version, 1.28.401.7

yours is .110. which is a carrier model i asume?

############### this mod is from today officially discontinued by me, so no odexed versions coming because i traded my One X for a galaxy nexus, just couldn't stand the crap software htc has made out of android ics :( #################

Our Apps
Get our official app! (coming soon)
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone